Misunderstanding

Out of the Blue

"Don't leave, please." He begged, tossing away the last of his pride as his tears slid down. 

"I'm sorry." That was all he said when he turned his back on Donghae and walked away. 

"Why, Hyukjae? Why?" Donghae screamed as he fell to the ground.

 

Donghae couldn't figure out. They had been best friends, they knew each other like the back of their hands. They were inseparable, they were the perfect pair. He didn't understand, but things had started changing.

 

Donghae paced infront of Hyukjae's porch. He decided that he wasn't willing to let him go just like that. He needed a reason.

"Ring... Ring... Hello?" Donghae was surprised by the stranger's voice on the other line. He was certain he dialled the correct number, there's no way he could've gotten it wrong. He took a look at the mobile's screen to confirm it was the right number before putting it back to his ear again. The woman's voice greeted him again, "Hello, who is this?"

"Um.. I'm looking for Hyukjae." There was silence for a few seconds, some shuffling sounds and Hyukjae's voice was heard.

Donghae suddenly felt a lump of emotions around his throat and he gulped, "are you home?"

"Yes, I am. Who is this?" Stab. Hyukjae couldn't recognize his voice?

Donghae turned around when he heard the door unlocking. He saw a woman coming out it. Am I at the wrong address? But that's impossible, unless he moved away. Donghae didn't have to guess long enough, because behind the woman, he saw Hyukjae. Half-. 

The phone dropped to the ground, the sound made by the impact had both of them looking in Donghae's direction.

Being a coward, he ran away. He heard the calls of his name, but he didn't stop. 

 

The phone rang for the umpteenth time, but Donghae refused to pick it up. After another 10 minutes, there was finally silence. 

Donghae rolled around in his bed, tears flowing once again. Maybe I just wasn't what he wanted. Donghae thought. 

"I hate you!" He yelled in frustration as he threw a pillow across the room and burying his face in another one. 

"I'm sorry," a voice came from behind him. Donghae's heart almost stopped. Oh right, he has a spare key to my house.

"Get lost," he said with no intention of looking at the other. 

"It was a misunderstanding," Hyukjae said.

"I don't care, we're over anyway."

"Hae, I'm sor-"

"Stop saying that! Sorry doesn't change anything, sorry doesn't heal the pain that you've left behind, sorry is just a word," Donghae hissed as he turned around to face Hyukjae. 

"How about this?" Hyukjae leaned forward so that their lips touched. 

Donghae pushed the other and gave him a punch across the jaw. "What the do you think you're doing?"

"Donghae, listen. I'm sorry. I was falling so deeply in love with you that I became so afraid. I've always wanted to get married and have kids, I couldn't do that with you. I thought that being with you was a mistake, so I left," Hyukjae was close to tears.

But Donghae was already crying, "what about that woman? Didn't you her already?"

Hyukjae shook his head. "Stupid fish. That was my sister, maybe you didn't recognize her because of her haircut. I told her about what happened between us and she immediately came over. She gave me a good scolding and I realized that I was being a jerk, I shouldn't have hurt you like that."

Donghae deadpanned. Then he wailed, "but you were half- and you couldn't recognize my voice!" 

"The weather was too hot! And my sister screamed so much at me that my ear began hurting, so it wasn't really my fault," Hyukjae pouted, an action he rarely did.

"So.. So you still love me? You're not leaving me anymore?" Donghae sniffled.

Hyukjae sat beside Donghae on the bed. He cupped his face and wiped his tears with his thumbs.

"I'm never leaving you again. I love you, Donghae," Hyukjae then leaned in and kissed Donghae.


Inspiration: Super Junior - Y