Making Memories

0330 - 1

No one's POV: 

Dongho soon found out why the song was called 0330.

“I was born at that time… but it was also the time my mother died – giving birth to me,” Soohyun said.

Soohyun’s past was sad – it seemed he practically had no childhood; taking care of his family while his dad worked every day to be able to feed him and his sister. His father died from overworking when he was in grade 2. Also at 03:30. Soohyun then moved to Seoul to live with his grandparents. Compared to Soohyun’s life, Dongho’s was well… amazing. He had some friends he could talk to – despite being bullied but he had both his parents and was in a middle-class family.

Soohyun's POV:

“I don’t have many fond memories,” I told Dongho during lunch one day. Dongho started reminiscing about the time he visited America and it seemed very fun – the way he described it.

“You didn’t?!” exclaimed Dongho, his mouth full of rice.

I covered his mouth so he wouldn’t spit any rice on me, “Aish ~ quit being so dirty!”

Dongho swallowed his food and continued, “If you don’t have any good memoires, you don’t be happy when you die.”

“Die?! Why’re you talking about death, Dongho?! I don’t die yet. Anyways… why would you be happy when you die? Wouldn’t you want to keep on living?”

“Well yeah but nothing will flash before your eyes before you die!”

“Dongho, stop talking nonsense!”

I slapped him on the back of the head which made him spill his rice. IN the end, I had to “share” my rice with him.

Dongho's POV:

Soohyun made me spill my lunch! That jerk. I ended up stealing ALL his food. Hey! I’m a growing man.

                                                                            *                  *                   *

Over the holidays, I decided I should take Soohyun somewhere to help him make some memories. I went to his grandparents’ house and rang the doorbell. It was a traditional type of house – with a gate and garden.

His grandmother answered: “oh, Dongho! What beings you here?”

I told her I wanted to hang out with Soohyun and her face lit up. “Yes, yes!” she exclaimed,” please come in! His room is down the hall to the left.”

I walked through their house. It had sliding bamboo doors with paper panels. In their living room they had a grand piano, a table and some pillows on the ground to sit on. I walked up to Soohyun’s room and stood there for a couple minutes not knowing how to know on the paper covered door.

“Jus barge in!” yelled his grandmother from the kitchen.

I slowly slid the door open.

Soohyun's POV:

, , !

“Don’t come in!” I yelled, scurrying to hide my knife and bandaging my wrists.

… I told grandma and grandpa to knock.

“C-come in,” I said. It was Dongho who entered. Why was he here?

“S-Sorry for barging in like that, hyung” he said. There was a pause. “I was wondering if you wanted to uh… hang out. Since you said you didn’t have any fond memories, I thought we could make some.”

 I stared at him for a while then chuckled. “Sure,” I smiled.

Dongho and I took the subway to Lotte World. On the way there, we talked about ourselves.

“Wait… you’re three years younger than me?!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah, I skipped a few grades,” he beamed.

Aish… what a show off. “You should help me then, I almost failed last year…”

Dongho snickered.

“What?! I’m not that type of person… I prefer music and sports.” I defended myself. I told Dongho that I liked playing soccer and found out he liked playing baseball.

In no time, we arrived at Lotte World. There were a lot of couples and little kids. Dongho and I looked at each other and laughed.

“Are we a couple or family?” Dongho asked.

“We can’t come here as friends?” I laughed.

“No way! It probably says “families or couples ONLY.”

 “Alright, alright. I guess we’re a couple then,” I said, grabbing Dongho’s hand.

---

Wow 4 subscribers! I love each and every one of you c: and your comments always keep me motivated ~

I apologize for the really short chapters. Please tell me what you think of the story or any suggestions you might have! ^^ I promise I'll update soon ~ It's just exams are coming up and bleh. But over the summer holidays I promise to write more.