I love...

0330 - 1

No One’s POV

Months past and Soohyun and Dongho were nearing the end of their second year of high school. Dongho helped Soohyun a lot with his school work, which made Soohyun fly to almost the top of the class. But of course, Dongho was at the top. Soohyun realized he was really good at school if he tried. As their exams approached, so did summer vacation. Soohyun fell harder and harder for Dongho and wanted to express his love so badly. He thought he’d tell him the day after exams so they could have a long summer romance.

Other the past months, Soohyun and Dongho wrote other songs – some included “Am I that Easy?” and “When Love Stops.” Soohyun decided he should finish high school first before trying to audition again. He knew people would become trainees for a long time but it’s not like he had other things to do; like get married or support a family or something.

Soohyun waited outside in the schoolyard waiting for Dongho to finish writing his exam. Sure he was smarter than him, but Soohyun was a way faster writer.

The days were getting warmer since it was April. Birds were singing and the ground was wet since it was raining earlier. Soohyun sat on the bench preparing his confession.

“Dongho… we’ve been really good friends and… no, that’s too stiff. Hey Dongho buddy! Remember when we were holding hands at Lotte World?” he hit himself, “why would is say that?!”

“Soohyun-sshi?” a little high-pitched voice said behind him.

The brunette turned around and saw Dayoung – a girl in his vocals class.

“Oh, hey,” he said, awkwardly. Soohyun was always awkward with girls. Hell, he was awkward with everyone except Dongho. But why was Dayoung talking to him? She hardly ever talks…

“Uh…I-I really like you, Soohyun-sshi. Will you go out with me?” Dayoung said, closing her eyes and her face turning bright red.

“U-uh…” the older male stuttered, his face also turning red. “I—“

Dongho’s POV:

Ah~ what an easy exam. But it was long and tedious… I stared at my airplane ticket…I had to go back to China soon to visit my grandparents since grandma was getting sick… I guess the only reason I couldn’t focus properly on the exam was whether or not to confess to Soohyun…I’m not sure even if likes me… what if he doesn’t want to be my boyfriend and…we start getting really awkward with each other? What if he does but… just doesn’t want to commit to a long-distance relationship… even if it was just for over the summer…?

I screamed in frustration; so loud that the birds in nearby trees flew away.

“What do I do…?!”

I took out my phone and dialed the one number I know so well – my mom’s.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Ommmmmaaaaaa~ what should I dooo?” I whined into the phone.

“Eh? What’s wrong, Dongho?”

“T-there’s this guy I really like but I’m not sure if he likes me back! A-and since I’m going to visit grandma and grandpa over the summer, what if he doesn’t want to commit to a long distance relationship?! But omma~ I REALLY REALLY like him! I do!”

“Oh my silly son. Dongho, just do what your heart tells you to! No one will blame you and if he turns you down cold, omma will slap him! But my son~ you should understand if he doesn’t like you back; life’s like that. Omma will support you either way!”

“Ahh omma, thank youuu~ I’ll do my best!”

“Hwaiting, Dongho!”

I hung up with a big smile on my face. Omma’s words really cheered me up. I was going to confess to Soohyun and even if he rejects me, I’ll continue to be his friend!

I turned the corner to where Soohyun said he’d be at, waiting for me.

“Soohyun, I—“

“—I really like you!”

I looked up and saw Dayoung, face red and standing in front of Soohyun.

“I-I really like you, Soohyun-ssi,” she repeated.

I quickly turned and leaned against the wall, slightly peeking over it to see Soohyun’s reaction.

No one’s POV:

The brunette looked down at Dayoung. Sure she was cute but… he really liked Dongho and well…he couldn’t really think of Dayoung as his girlfriend.

“Look, Dayoung…” he started slowing, scratching his head.

“I uh…like you too—“

And that was all it took for Dongho’s heart to break. Before he could hear what Soohyun was about to say next, he ran home, as fast as he could.

He fell onto his bed, crying as Bboo Bboo tried to comfort him.

W-What’s wrong, Dongho? Don’t cry!  The little poodle whined.

Dongho continued crying until his phone started to buzz in his pants.

(1) Unread SMS

From: Soohyun-hyung

Sent: 15:33 –

Dongho? Where are you?”

 

The younger boy just threw his phone somewhere in his room and buried his face in his pillow. Shouldn’t Soohyun be with Dayoung? Why would he text him… Dongho fell asleep, crying softly, as his phone buzzed again next to Bboo Bboo – making the poor dog jump.

(2) Unread SMS

From: Soohyun-hyung 

Sent: 15:45 –

“I guess you went home and fell asleep. Let's hang out over the summer, okay? ^^”

---

I apologize for not updating! ^^; please forgive me! I promise to update more over the summer break. Dayoung was just a name my friend helped me think of. I was like "gimmie a girl name!" and well..^^ this is what we came up with.