Away

0330 - 1

 

Dongho left the next day for China without telling Soohyun. He knew it was going to break Soohyun's heart but Dongho felt the need to be separated from him right now. He thought it'd be best to forget about Soohyun since he probably forgot about Dongho already. Clenching to the heartbreaking thought, Dongho curled up on his airplane seat and fell asleep. 

Soohyun awoke that morning and immediately checked his phone, hoping Dongho texted him back during the night. 

(0) Unread SMS

Sighing, he tried texting Dongho again. 

Outgoing SMS 

To: Dongho

"Good morning Dongho~ let's hang out today, okay? ^^"

 

Soohyun decided to give Dongho a minute since he was probably still asleep. Soohyun went downstairs and was greeted by his younger sister. After breakfast, Soohyun decided to check his phone again but there still wasn't anything in his inbox. 

Maybe Dongho's still asleep. He did study hard for the exam... Soohyun thought. 

He had the urge to go to Dongho's house and wake him up but he felt that he should let the younger boy rest. 

 

Waking up from his nap, Soohyun decided to text Dongho again, being hopeful that he woke up. 

Outgoing SMS

To: Dongho

"Yahh sleeping boy, why aren't you awake~?!"

Soohyun started to worry something happened to Dongho so he finally decided to may his house a visit. 

 

"Ah, Soohyun! What brings you here?" Mrs. Shin answered the door.

"Uhm... Is Dongho home?" he asked. 

"Oh! I thought he told you. He's in China all summer taking care of his grandparents."

"O-oh..." Soohyun could feel his heart sink, "alright.. T-thanks Mrs. Shin." 

 

When Soohyun's depressed, he has a tendency to get lost and wander around. He swayed as he walked; looking like a drunk man. 

Why... Why did he leave without telling me? Does he hate me...? Have I been bad to him? Soohyun thought, so much for confessing to him... So much for... A summer romance.

Soohyun plopped himself by the water bank and stared up at the sun setting sky. 

"Ah! W-watch out!" a voice called from behind. 

Before Soohyun could look up, a book fell right on his lap. 

"Ah thank you so much!" said the boy, running down the hill. 

Soohyun looked behind him to see the blonde boy roll down the hill, stopping just before he hit the water. 

"Ow..." the boy said, looking for his glasses. 

Soohyun couldn't help but muffle a laugh before he went down the rest of the hill to hand the boy his glasses. 

"Here," Soohyun said, also handing him his book. 

"Ah..! T-t-thank you so much! Thank you! Thank you!" said the blonde, bowing every time he thanked the brunette. 

"Don't worry about it," Soohyun replied. 

When the other boy got up and patted down his clothes, Soohyun realized he was wearing a uniform from some private school. 

"I'd be devastated if I got that book dirty!" said the boy, “you’re a life saver!" 

"Ah... It's no big deal..." said Soohyun, trying to be modest. 

"It is a big deal! That book’s worth more than my life! Please let me repay you!" 

"It's fine, really..." Soohyun stared at the book. It looked like a plain journal or diary. It was black all over with the name Lee Kiseop scratched roughly on the front cover. 

Kiseop took the book back from Soohyun and bowed again. 

"Thank you again! Let's meet here tomorrow so I can treat you!" 

Soohyun scratched his head as Kiseop ran up the hill again, and off into the distance. 

Here? Where's here? Soohyun thought as he looked around, unaware of where he wandered off to. 

"Aish... Being treated by some random stranger. It was just a book anyways..." 

As silly as he thought it was, Soohyun found himself sitting at the spot he sat the previous day. 

He probably won't even show up... Soohyun thought. 

"H-hey!" a voice called behind Soohyun. It was Kiseop. 

"I'm surprised you came..." Soohyun trailed off. 

"I'm surprised you came!" Kiseop responded with a big smile, "of course I'd come! I have to repay you for yesterday!" 

“Not much to do today I guess…” Soohyun said. He needed something to keep his mind off of Dongho.

There was a moment of silence before Kiseop remembered his manners.

“I almost forgot…my name’s Lee Kiseop!” he said, bowing.

“I’m uh… Shin Soohyun,” Soohyun replied, feeling a little awkward still.

“Ah…” Kiseop could see that Soohyun was a little uneasy.

As the two of them stood there, storm clouds begun rolling in and soon enough, it was raining.

“Aish~! My hair’s going to get ruined!” Kiseop cried, attempting to cover his blonde locks with his arms.

Soohyun laughed at the younger boy’s cry and held out an umbrella for him. “Always check the weather before you leave the house.”

“Ah Soohyun-hyung ~ you’re such a live saver. Thank you!” Kiseop ducked under the umbrella and stayed close to Soohyun, which made him blush.

--

sorry guys but my OTP is Sooseop ;A; so... FORGIVE ME. That Dongho... leaving without Soohyun.. how could he?! I sincerely apologize for not updating since FOREVER... just been so busy & I've had writers block and stuff ;A; please continue to enjoy the story! There will be more 2Shin when Dongho returns from China...