The Truth

0330 - 1

 

No One’s POV:

When Dongho got home that night, he flopped on his bed and stared at the ceiling; his heart pounding. He didn’t know if today was a memory for Soohyun or for him. They walked the whole day holding hands and it seemed Soohyun didn’t really mind. Dongho obviously didn’t because well… he fancied men and happened to fall for Soohyun… fall for Soohyun? At the thought of this, Dongho squealed on the inside and had concluded he’s fallen for Soohyun. Of course, he couldn’t confess to Soohyun because it seemed he liked women anyways.

Dongho sighed and scratched his chocolate poodle behind the ears. “Bboo bboo ~ I wish hyung would love me ~!” Dongho complained, pouting. The puppy replied with a happy bark that seemed to say “Hwaiting, Dongho!”

 

Soohyun’s POV

W-What is this…? Red… red like the lobster I won for Dongho today…? Red l-like the shirt he was wearing…? R-red… blood… my own blood. Why must I keep doing this to myself? I stared at my wrists blankly, dripping with blood. I no longer felt any pain… it just feels numb now. Maybe too numb…

                                                                                                 *                  *                  *

I awoke in a hospital room attached to a blood bag. The only person in the room was Dongho sitting on a chair beside me and sleeping comfortably laying his head down on the bed. I reached over to brush his hair out of his face which caused him to flinch up immediately. “Hyung!” he exclaimed.

“Hey what’re you doing here?” I smiled.

I felt a sharp pain on my cheek.

“Don’t be so casual! I was so worried!” Dongho yelled while crying.

I realized he had slapped me.

“Hey, I’m alright now,” I assured him, while patting his head.

“Why would you do something so crazy? Do you not want to live anymore?! Y-You’ve been here for three days…”

3 days? A-And Dongho has been here the whole time…? I stared at him. I guess I owe him an explanation.

“Lock the door then…” I smiled.

After Dongho closed the door, he sat beside the bed again and I sat up. I told him about how I kept getting bullied throughout my school years. From elementary school all the way to high school. I guess I’ve always been sort of different and vulnerable to bullying. I was also teased because of my looks too. I also told him that I was dealing with depression ever since… well since forever. I was practically alone all my life with no friends or close family (I wasn’t really close with my grandparents…) I blamed everything on me – the death of my parents, the fact that my grandparents had to get out of retirement since they had two new mouths to feed.

I started cutting myself in grade 8. Nothing’s gotten me to stop since then and I’ve been in the hospital more than a dozen times because of blood loss. They tried getting me therapy but it never works.

Dongho wiped my cheeks – I hadn’t realized I was crying. He was also holding my hands.

“I-I’m sorry I made you worry about me… I didn’t want to drag you into my messed up life,” I apologized.

 

Dongho’s POV:

I never knew Soohyun was like this… h-he… he seemed so happy and joyful when we were at Lotte World.

Soohyun gave me a sad smile, “I don’t think it’d be a good idea for you to hang out with me. I’d worry you too much.”

I chuckled: “Hyung are you trying to break up with me?!”

“W-What.  No! We aren’t even dating!”

We laughed together and started to forget out problems.

Soohyun was discharged from the hospital a week later and I decided I should watch over him so his grandparents let him stay at my house for the rest of the break. I helped him change the bandages on his wrists until they stopped bleeding.

I only had a keyboard but even though, Soohyun was there most of the time working on his song.

“My dream is to be an idol,” he told me, “even if I fail school, I’ll give it my all to become a singer. It’s what I’m passionate about.”

I really admired Soohyun – his passion, his dreams. I didn’t know what to do. Maybe a doctor or something… but I did enjoy music too.

One night, I woke up and found Soohyun in the bathroom, trying to cut himself again.

“Hyung!” I tackled him and knocked the razor out of his hands. Soohyun stared at me with a blanked expression. He seemed possessed or something.

“S-Soohyun?”I called for him nervously. “I’m sorry, hyung… please forgive me.” 

I slapped him and he flinched awake. “D-Dongho? What am I doi—oh .”

Soohyun stared at his wrists that were bleeding with the bandages cut open. I quickly re-bandaged him and helped him back to the guest room. I wanted to stay with him but it’d be sort of awkward… I tucked him in properly and started back to my room when I felt him grab my hand.

“U-Uh… could you stay? I don’t want that to happen again,” he stuttered, turning red.

I nodded with a smile and got under the covers beside him. He seemed so innocent; it felt like I was the hyung. He snuggled against me unconsciously which made me freeze up. Maybe my dreams were coming true. I wrapped my arms around him.

“Good night, hyung ~” I whispered.

--

Two chapters in one day?! I'm really spoiling my subscribers ^^ I hope you enjoy this chapter ~ I should really working on my essay though, haha. I also apologize for spelling/grammar mistakes. I usually don't have time to edit them.