An Awkward Beginning

0330 - 1

No one's POV:

As the bell rang for forth period, Shin Soohyun quickly scurried to class, being 5 minutes late. As he approached his classroom, he noticed the shadow of his teacher standing at the front of the class with a smaller shadow beside him.

“I moved from China over the—.” Dongho’s explanation was cut off mid-sentence as Soohyun entered the room. The teacher glared angrily at him.

Soohyun POV:

I stared at the teacher and the boy standing in front of the classroom as my face turned red.

“Shin Soohyun,” Mr. Kim said sternly, “somehow I expected this. Take a seat.”

I’ll admit I wasn’t the most prompt or smartest student… nor did I have good study habits. I just don’t have any interest in school – I’m surprised I managed to stay in school this long. Pulling my sleeves over my wrists and popping my headphones in my ears, I dozed off in the back of the class listening to NE-YO’s “So Sick.”

 

Soon enough, I was awakened by the boy that was standing in the front of the class when I entered.

“Uh… class is over,” he told me. I sat up and realized everyone was gone and I was late for my last period class.

“Great...” I murmured.

I stared at the boy and I realized be must have been late for class too.

“Why did you stay? Now you’re late for class too,” I said, standing up.

“Well…” the boy began, “everyone left the class as soon as the bell rang – and I’m not really sure where my next class is…”

I stared at him and realized how cute he was. Wait. Cute?! This is a boy and not... not IU…

“Well… show me your schedule.”

The boy handed me his schedule and I noticed that we had the same class next – vocals.

“Let’s go together.” I started walking to the music room with the boy scurrying behind me.

Dongho POV:

I’m saved! I thought I was going to get lost on my first day… luckily this guy – Soohyun I think it was – fell asleep. Well, bad for him because I guess he’ll get scolded. We arrived at the music room a couple minutes later. I had expected him to sleep through class again but instead he was on his feet singing his heart out. I was astonished at how amazing his voice was. When it was my turn to solo a song, I choked and ended up singing off-key. The class laughed at me and I couldn’t help but laugh too. Then I noticed Soohyun staring at me with a sour look on his face. When the bell rang indicating the end of the day, I packed my bag and prepared to leave. I saw Soohyun sitting at the piano and writing down things. I bet he was writing a song. I walked over to him.

“Not going home?” I asked. He shook his head.

The atmosphere was really awkward so I tried brightening up the mood. “You’re really good at singing compared to me…” I said, chuckling.

Suddenly Soohyun got up. “Look,” he said,” People here don’t think you’re funny. They only laugh at you and use you. People at this school are the ones with laughable actions – they only do selfish things and don’t think about anyone but themselves.”

Soohyun POV:

I ranted angrily at him. He should at least learn the basics of the school. His niceness shouldn’t go to waste – especially if he tries to socialize with me. Though, he’d probably see me for who I am now – a mean, anti-social jerk. The boy laughed instead.

“All the schools I go to… they’re exactly the same! I’ve been left out or used for other peoples’ own pleasure,” he explained at my confused expression.

Was he really like me? Has he really gone through the things I’ve gone through? No – then why’s he so cheerful all the time?

“It was hard at first but I talked to my family about it and they helped me out a lot. I can’t say I’ve gotten used to it but I don’t let it bother me anymore,” the boy smiled while answering my thoughts.

I felt like I could become friends with him.

“Ah, I see,” I smiled a little, “I’m sorry I got all mad and stuff…”

“Don’t worry about it,” he smiled back, “What’re you working on?”

The boy stepped around the piano to stand behind me.

“I-It’s a song I’m writing.”

 “What’s it called?”

“…0330.”

--

I picked IU because it was the first girl that popped into my mind ~ there's not a lot of girls in my mind tho -chuckles-

well here's the first chapter ^^ wow.. they're really short hahaha.. they seemed like a lot in my notebook (3 pages) I apologize since this is my first fan-fic in a LONG time, I'm not so good at writing a lot. also, the first few chapters I update will be sort of quick because I wrote abour 3~4 already. I just have to type them all out ~ please tell me what you think about it. thank you ~!