Yan YunHee

♬~♔~Horizon~♔~♬ SM ent's new Girl Group ~♔~♬

 

Don’t hide in other people’s shadow, be who you are, set your own path to walk onto and everything will surely follow…..

Never let anyone get you down, that was the last thing that my grandfather told me before he died, before our lives changed. Money and power got the best of our family, only my father was not affected by it, people around us began to start rumors about my family being influential and stuff and my mom hated it, our family was known due to the wealth that my grandfather left, and every time my family wins something the people associate it with those paper. My mom convinced my dad to leave our compound, to be specific leave the family, Our whole family may seem fine on the outside but once you enter our home, the only thing that you hear are shouts and cursing, internal conflicts happened and it can’t be stopped.

Everything was going on fine, everything except our financial status right after we left home, my father then started to work with overtimes and so does my mom, I was basically home alone. After 5 months of that crisis, my father decided to move to Canada due to the influence of my dad’s friend, since he told us that the worker’s salary is high there. I was walking on a nearby park when I spotted two girls dancing ballet, one was older than the other, their movements were fluid, and I can’t see anything wrong, but the older one suddenly stopped, “I think we should do a leap after this part..”, “But..that’s a little bit hard..” the younger one complained, “We won’t know if we won’t try right?..come on.” The older one said as she danced again, her lead was then followed by the other. “see I told you it would work..” she said, I unconsciously went out of my hiding place and I began to clap, “That was amazing! What do you call that, uhmm,.move that you both did?”, the two girls looked at me, “Ballet? Or the leap? Or maybe..”, “The whole thing..” “Ballet..” the two girls then bowed, “I never felt that you were watching us..” the younger one said. “Uhmm..is she your older sister?” I asked the younger one while I pointed at the other. “Huh?..nope, actually I’m older, she’s just taller and were not sisters, were bestfriends!” the younger actually older one smiled. “Jie..we need to go..” It was the first and probably the last time that I saw them, I watch them leave with a single thought on my brain, “Someday I’m going to dance like that..someday, somewhere…”

And that was the start of my passion for music, even when we moved to Canada for my father’s work, I hid it, I actually hid the fact that I have talent that I can do things like dancing and singing, but one night I overheard my parents asking for some financial support from our relatives back in China, but the only thing that they responded was the family is already broke, with a heavy heart my mom and dad silently cried. My parents were asking for support just to give anything for my younger sister who grew up to be so demanding, she turned to be their favorite..or something like that since from the beginning she showed them that she can do something, but instead of competing to get my parents attention I decided to back down. As I walk to school I actually hear people say, “Hey, is she Grace’s older sister?..what’s her name again?”, “Hey! Grace’s sister..”It slightly irritates me, hearing people call my sister’s name and not mine, it’s because my sister joins various singing competitions so she’s known throughout our place, but me, little me is standing behind the shadow of my sister.

“Yunnie…” My friend whispered, we were inside the school library that time, “I heard that there is a Korean Company that will holding it’s audition here at school tomorrow..why don’t you join?”
“Huh?..i…I don’t know” I looked at her, she was the first person who knew about my talent.
“Come on, do you want to be known as Grace’s older sister for the rest of your life?” She asked.
“No…but…”I hesitated. “No buts!, since I already signed you up..” She stood up and left me with no words to say.

“mom..dad, uhmm..i wanna join the audition that will be held in our school, can I?” I asked as we ate our dinner.
“The same audition that your sister told us?” Mom warily looked at me.
I slightly nodded, “Yunnie won’t make it in.” Grace scoffed.
“Grace be nice to your sister..”Dad said.
“I was just stating a fact..” Grace waved her fork in the air.
“Grace Yan!” Dad suddenly shouted at her. “Yunhee, you can if you want, I’ll be here together with your mom to support you” Dad said in a comforting way that made me smile, I looked at my sister who was muttering something under her breath.

The day has come for the Auditions, my sister went on first before me, so I wished her luck. When it was my turn I silently prayed and breathed heavily..i started to sing, right in front of the judges, while I sing my mind began to drift to the past, two figures suddenly showed up, the girls who confidently danced in the park and I remembered my grandfathers’ words and my parents support. When I ended the song, I saw the judges stand up while one of them is wiping her tears. A man that was with the judged stood up and gave me his card, "Call me if you want to train, i can see a very promising future ahead of you." i nodded as a response. right when i got home, i saw my sister crying in the living room, "I'm BETTER THAN HER!!! WHY DID THEY CHOOSE YUNHEE!!" she bawled like a spoiled brat. "grace, sweetheart..just accpet it ok?.." Mom comforted her. "YunHee..Will you still..." Dad was about to ask but i cut him off, "I..I want to train, I want to be Somebody and not just a nobody, i..I don't want to live in the shadows anymore dad." I said as i rushed to my room. I know my dad, even though he told me that he'll support me it doesn't mean that he'll be doing it till the end, for him, once is enough. I secretly bought a plane ticket to Korea by using my own savings, i know that what i'm doing was wrong..really wrong but i don't want to eat my words, i really want to be out of the shadows.

A year has passed by, I was a trainee in JYP, i was good, but my confidence is not that high, i started to tremble right in front of other trainees so because they can't see the determination they cut me off. I was about to lose hope when my cousin Kahi rooted for me, she gave me private lessons and encouraged me to train again, but this time i decided that i want to train somewhere else, so i auditioned in SMent, and i got in, i really got in, everyday i trained so hard, i also secretly trained with Kahi Unnie in order to improve myself. Suddenly LSM asked me if he can re-assign me in his branch in Canada, he wants me to train there in order to improve my englich vocab and my range so i accepted it, my parents, they never knew that i actually came back. I kept silent.

China...the place where everything began, where my dreams started to take its form, i actually went back to my birthplace a day before i meet the other members of Horizon. i took little steps as i tried to reminisce my childhood days, i don't know how but my feet brought me to the old park, i looked around and saw that no one was there, i spun around and started to sing my very first audition song. "Your voice..it's wonderful" I heard a soft voice from my back, i searched for the owner only to find a boy, a very pretty boy at that was sitting under the old oak. "ah..really?..T-thanks.." I said while i looked at him closely.."Hey..aren't you EXO-M's Luhan?" "Shhh..i'm hiding..hehe, they might find me.." He said while he still continued to squat. "Them?.." I asked, "My fellow members," He then stayed quiet. "Hyung?! Luhan Hyung?!!!" a guy with jet black hair suddenly appeared out of no where, "Hehehe..need to go...Uhmm.." Luhan chuckled. "Yunhee..Yan Yunhee", "Oh..Well see you around Yunnie.." He smiled then vanished. "LUHAN HYUNG!! COMEBACK HERE!!!!!"

New faces actually greeted me when i came back, i was brought to the dorm and suddenly this girls came up to me acting like little kids well except for Miyong, but they are all likable in their ways, i looked at their faces each one of them will surely be close to me to my heart as my new family.

Hoping for the best,

 

♬~♔~Yan YunHee♬~♔~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
2 down, 5 more to go..whew!..I really tried my best for this one..sorry for the tweaks and for the short chappie..but i just hope that you like it..I actually wrote this at school..and it's really raining hard..i hate it..But anyway i will try to update another one today..hopefully, when i get back home..-Jin