Silver Gown

HyoHyuk: The Best OTP |c.l.o.s.e.d|

 

The clattering silver spoons and forks woke up the sleepyhead little girl Kim Hyoyeon by attending a banquet prepared for her by her grandfather, Kim Tae Han. The whole world of her little dreams crumbled apart as someone poked her shoulder saying that. ‘Madame, you’re eating with the guests’. She was already sunk on the table with her head facing it as she properly attended herself. She was groomed yet everyone giggled as they saw the red mark on your forehead. They laughed at her with the eyes of disappointment.

She shyly went out of the rose garden and saw the bright stars twinkling in the sky. She was only 8 at that time. She heard of her mother’s story, it was made up but it was her favorite.

Once there lived a young prince who never smiled even just once. The people of his kingdom tried to discourage him to go out and play with the other kids of his age. They were afraid of his monkey appearance and terrible gums. Due to this, he tried to lock himself on his room and just read about the exciting tales and wonders of the wide world

The king and queen were so afraid that they might not see the next heir to the throne so they plotted something abysmal for their only begotten son. He was sent out of the kingdom, was like exiled already, and lived with the townspeople. At first, he was really afraid that he might get chased out of the house if he did something wrong, so he just quietly observed the whole scenery.

When he was already at his 20s, he had lived as a commoner. He never ever dared to go home or even see his parents during ceremonies. He even heard of stories that they already had another son who was very handsome. As he reached for a mirror, he saw his reflection. Shards of tears came flowing through his eyes. He felt the pain as he wiped them off.

He was always just observing, not even uttering a word and had lived and built a house at the top of a hill. He was happy for he was contented already. He got his wooden guitar and played a nice tune on it. He was full of spirits yet no one could hear his voice. Suddenly, like the struck of thunder, something glistening beneath the moonlight alarmed him. It was a glittering silver gown worn by a young woman. He played more as she played along, their hearts were connected and they both fell in love with each other.

Day by day, without seeing each other’s faces, they rejoiced in the moonlight. After a week, the young woman came near him. She was pretty more of like a foreigner. He saw the tears from the girl. She muttered as she was about to leave, ‘Sorry but I would be married to someone already. I came here just to see everything about this kingdom, I’m sorry that I couldn’t even say my feelings.’ For the first and last time, they both hugged each other and felt the love between them.

From then on, the prince never even saw the girl. Yet, one night, he was held captive by the palace guards. He shrieked, ‘Where will you be taking me?’ With a voice filled with determination and strength from a hundred bulls, he tried to free himself but failed due to number. He tried to wiggle from the rope wrapped around him, but failed to move even an inch.

More than ten years already, he was again back to the palace as he remembered the scornful days of his youth.He frowned as he looked at his parents, 'Why did you summon me in here?' There was disappointment drawn over his haggard face. Yet, his mother approached and hugged her. 'Son, after all these times, I knew that this day would come. You had grown so strong as we had fulfilled your destiny.' The lad couldn't even speak. He was overexhausted as he let out a deep cry. His mother comforted him. 'This was part of the prophecy. You would only marry the princess of the silver moon if you would come back here after a long journey. And, here is the day. Come, meet your wife.'

Of all the strangeness, he met her. The woman of the silver clothing. She ran to him and hugged him. She smiled and said, 'At last, this day had come.'

As she remembered her mother's reason, 'I had told you this story so you could find a prince that would make you feel the love she had felt. It was the most enchanting of all.' It was etched to her memories. Her mother even added, 'He's not charming nor handsome, yet he showed her what true love is.'

The eight year old her saw a young man's eyes reflecting the bright moon of memories. 'It was the most enchanting of all.'

Now, the 20-year old her viewed a man's sleeping face beside her. He was sleeping after a whole lot of studying. Hyoyeon caressed with her fingers the face of the man with wrinkles already. She had envisioned her future with him.

'Madame, what do you want?' Her butler finally woke up.

'Lee Hyukjae, why are you just sleeping?' Hyoyeon frowned and turned her back. She was blushing and was afraid she'd be known.

'I'm sorry, I'm just studying from my upcoming tests.' The butler shook his head.

'What are you idling around?! You wash your face and change your clothes.' Hyoyeon went out of the room.

Hyoyeon waited for her butler. She continued to stand there like a stalker. She was about to fall when the door suddenly opened. Thanks to her butler she was able to catch her gripping.

'Le-Let's go.' Hyoyeon led the way.

It was Valentines' Day. The day Hyoyeon wanted the most but she couldn't give the scarf she had long been knitting day in and day out for him. She was holding a paper bag with it inside buried on her chest. Whispering to herself that, 'Oh...I wanted him to like this.'

Suddenly, her butler came and saw her. 'Do you need help?' The butler politely wanted her to hand out the bag.

'Do I look like I need help?' Hyoyeon again turned her back. Hyukjae wanted to chase her but failed to do so for many of his fans already crowded around him. Lots of homemade chocolates were handed out as he politely bowed. He wore eyeglasses to not attract attention but all of them still wanted him.Someone came in abruptly and snatched his eyeglasses. 'Ah, give it back.' He touched the bridge of his nose.

Hyoyeon heard of this and snatched back the spectacles. 'Yah! Don't mess with my butler. You don't have the permission to. You're not the one paying him!' Hyoyeon was taken aback with her striking words. The man just opened his hand for the eyeglasses. Hyoyeon gave it back. From then on, he changed his ways in confronting her.

Hyoyeon could feel that even if he was so close, the distance between them was farther than the horizon. Like the horizon, continually chasing after it, would always be impossible. She wanted once and foremost to stop the awkwardness but Hyukjae was the one who was already avoiding her. She was a bit hurt but it was her fault. She was the want who had hurt his feelings. It was already a scar but she was only rubbing salt to it. 'I'm sorry.' She muttered.

'It was the most enchanting of all.'  Just like the rain, her tears came raining down on her beautiful face. She leaned on the wall and sat down on the hall. She buried her face between her legs as she heard herself, 'I'd wish the time to go back to the time where we first met each other.

Hyukjae was playing on a nearby playground. Suddenly, a long limousine came and parked itself nearby. Hyukjae looked at the girl with pretty eyes and smile. She bowed and introduced herself softly, 'Annyongheseyo, I'm Kim Hyoyeon.' She smiled at him. He took her hand and dragged her to make a sand castle.

'Oh, I'm Lee Hyukjae.' Hyukjae wiped off his hand and offered a hand shake. Hyoyeon gladly accepted.

'Hyoyeon-ssi, why are you there?' Her voice was gibberish.

'What is it?' Hyoyeon wanted him to comfort her. 

'I'm sorry. Are you upset about the other day? I just wanted you to know me as a man not a person to whom you benefit with.'

'No. It's me.' Hyoyeon denied. 

'Now, smile and by the way, I found this at the trash can.' He showed her the scarf.

'That's! I already threw that!' Hyoyeon grabbed the scarf.

'No way. My initials are here. Oh. L. H' Hyukjae winked.

'YOU MONKEY!!!!" Hyoyeon chased after him for the scarf.

Oh, by the way, there was this continuation of the story, the woman gave up her silver gown. Many people asked her about it and she just said, 'So that after death, after a millenium, we could meet again. Under the same sky, with no restrictions, we could still love each other. Even if we don't know what we would end up with, we would be searching for each other even if it would take a lot of time, Nothing is impossible.'

'Hyoyeon-ah, do you want to be my girlfriend?' The rude butter stopped halfway and asked.

'Why?' She blushed and was speechless.

'Because the first time we had met. I felt that you are just like the moonlight.'

'What?'

'It was as if a millenium ago, I was able to met you.'

'BABO!~ You heck of a boyfriend!'

'So, we're already?'

Hyoyeon blushed and wanted to be chased. 'Okay, fine, I got it.' Hyukjae followed her.

'Under the same sky, even if worlds apart, we could still meet. For, nothing is impossible to this most echanting love of all.'