Kites of Different Colors

HyoHyuk: The Best OTP |c.l.o.s.e.d|

“Oppa…is that an airplane?” A five year old cute girl with her flowing black hair grinning happily next to an eight year old young boy said. The boy was just smiling. “Hyoyeon-ah, do you want to ride an airplane?” The grinning girl couldn’t replay. “What’s an airplane?” Her naiveté made the young boy laugh and dropped the kite flat on the ground.

“Oh..oppa…oppa…Plane crash.” Eunhyuk patted Hyoyeon’s head. He ran off to the kite and shouted, “Hyoyeon-ah, let’s go home.” Eunhyuk held the innocent girl’s hand. The kite was white like an airplane and a dove which flies freely into the sky.

Two boys sitting on the green grass that were resting after a kite competition was delivered with food by the thoughtful 10 year old girl. “Oppas! Junsu-oppa! Hyukjae-opp! Food!” She shrieked. The boys who were idling around came to her and carried the luxurious lunch box.

“Gumawo.” Both of them said. “Waaahhh!!!” Junsu was grinning.  “Mnmmm…Yummy…”Junsu’s mouth was watering already. He took a bite of the hamburger.

“Yah!” Eunhyuk never learned and bit bigger. “Is that what you call big?”

The two of them had been friends yet they always ran into each other. It was always Hyoyeon who gave them water after the food fight. “Won’t you two get matured already?”

Suddenly, Hyoyeon was surprised to see the two kites in the air. “Hyoyeon-ah…a thank you gift.” Eunhyuk thoughtfully said. The kites were yellow like their overflowing joy alongside friends who stick together.

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon went to fly a kite after their classes in high school. Eunhyuk was about to graduate and Hyoyeon was too sad about it.

“Oppa…when will I see you again?” Hyoyeon frowned. Eunhyuk patted her head to not worry. “Eii…I’m not a child anymore.”

“Sheesh…Hyoyeon-ah, look!” Eunhyuk flew the kite once more. It was green as a sign of nature and well-being. “I hope that we could stay together forever.” Hyoyeon didn’t seem to hear him.

“Huh?” Hyoyeon was clueless about Eunhyuk’s growing feelings and said, “Oppa, you’re strange.”

“I know.” Eunhyuk became serious then back to his smiling face again. “Oppa…is already leaving. Don’t you feel sad?”

“Of course but Oppa…life will still go on.” She was damn right. Eunhyuk knew it. He knew how she grew from a person who mistook an airplane for a kite. He could only chuckle.

After Hyoyeon graduated from high school, Eunhyuk surprised her on her graduation day. He brought a bunch of flowers and he looked matured more than ever.

“Oppa….I thought you are busy.” Hyoyeon wanted to give him a hug yet she backed off, she was too shy.

After all, Hyoyeon realized her feelings for Eunhyuk after he left. Without even properly confessing, she was surprised to see him in front of her again. With that trademark smile of him, she was really happy.

But, she felt that Eunhyuk doesn’t feel the same way anymore. The awkward atmosphere between them made a hole to their relationship.

“Hyoyeon-ah, let’s go somewhere.” Eunhyuk led her to an open field.

“I don’t know if the wind’s good.

After some preparations, there were colorful things flying in the sky. Kites. Kites of different colors. Many people shouted in glee and disbelief. It was too sweet.

“Hyoyeon-ah, please read the biggest heart-shaped kite you could see.” Eunhyuk intentionally pointed it.

“To my dearest Hyoyeon, will you be my girlfriend?”

Hyoyeon cannot believe that he felt the same way even if time passed by. All along, the feeling was mutual. She didn’t hesitate and said, “Mnmm..” Tears came rolling to Hyoyeon’s eyes.

They kissed each other. The background was that of colorful kites in the morning glow. Everyone cheered for them. Their friends, families, they had the absolute happiness they could even wish for.