05

Just the Two of Us

 

Ding! The elevator doors parted, allowing us to enter. I rushed inside to push the button first.

“Beat you!” I cheered, grinning impishly.

He stuck his tongue out, “Nuh uhh.”

He pushed me up against the elevator wall, catching my head with both hands so it didn’t crack against the mirror. I breathed in quickly, winded from the sudden force.

“Caught you,” he growled low in my ear.

I looked up into his smiling brown eyes, watching as they came ever closer.

I closed my own eyes as his warm mouth met mine. His long eyelashes fluttered closed, the tips just slightly brushing along my skin. I hugged him tight, my lips applying just the littlest amount of pressure, and then pushed him gently away as the doors opened to the lobby.

I reached over and swept his bangs to the side as we walked towards the waiting group.

“Finally!” Kai shouted, as he ran towards us, giving us a bone-crushing hug.

“Took you long enough,” he grinned as he released us.

I put my arms around their shoulders, walking to the front doors of the hotel and out to our cars, which would take us to the theme park.

Sehun and I slid to the back seats of the second van, sitting close enough for our thighs to be touching. As the others filed in to their respective vehicles, he placed his hand on my thigh. His hand was warm, and I relaxed into his touch, leaning my head on his shoulder as he massaged my leg. He briefly rested his cheek on the top of my head. I heard him sigh, turning his face to smell my hair. His hand moved to lightly trace patterns along the side of my neck; I tilted my head slightly to give him better access. His fingers trailed along my skin in abstract patterns, dipping down to my collarbone, and then coming back up. My eyes closed as I enjoyed the calming rhythms playing out on my neck. The whispers of movement suddenly ceased as I felt soft lips press there, just below my jaw.

The gesture was so unbelievably sweet; I couldn’t help but smile, turning my face to his shoulder to return the kiss.

The car stopped, then, at the entrance to Disneyland.

“Let’s go,” our manager called back from the front seat.

Tao slid open the front door to the van, Kris following close behind. Sehun put his hand around my waist, guiding me into the bright sunshine as Xiumin brought up the rear.

Up ahead I could see the rest of the members waiting at the gates, Kai clearly discernable as he bounced around.

“Come on,” he nearly whined, beckoning us closer.

Once everyone was assembled with their tickets, Kai practically bounded through the gates, and in the direction of Adventureland.

I grabbed Sehun’s hand and dragged him with me, following Kai’s lead.

“Hyung!” he cried, pointing at Splash Mountain. “Can we go there?”

“We’ll go on every ride you want,” I solemnly promised. “Just as long as I get to meet Donald Duck.”

He nodded eagerly, “Deal!”

So that’s how most of the day went: him pointing at rides and me complying while keeping a lookout for Donald.

Around mid-afternoon he was finally tired out enough for lunch, so we went on a scavenger hunt of sorts for one of those giant turkey leg stands, him trying the whole time to convince me he could eat one by himself. When we reached the counter, however, he caved and ordered just one for us to share.

I squeezed his hand while fighting a smile, letting him know that his masculinity wasn’t lost.

Sehun led me to a nearby bench, offering the first bite to me, holding it up to my mouth so I wouldn’t get the sticky sauce on my hands. The turkey was quickly finished.

We then went to meet up with the rest of the members, who said they would hold a spot for us in line at the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. As it was, we still had to wait outside in the sun.

As we waited, I reached to hold the back of Sehun’s belt loops, just looping my fingers through.

He soon became completely engrossed in a conversation with Chen about something or another; I wasn’t totally sure what it was they were talking about; I just couldn’t be bothered to actually focus.

I slid my hands up from his belt loops, just lightly grazing his skin under his shirt as it rode up. I then moved them back over his shirt, running to his front to clasp in front of his waist. I hugged his warm body closer to me, backhugging him. I turned my face to press my cheek against his back, in between his shoulder blades. I could feel his back muscles even through his denim shirt. For some reason I couldn’t explain, knowing he was strong made me feel even safer in his presence.

His hand touched my hand, searing hot against my skin,”You okay?”

I nodded, pulling him even tighter; I just needed to feel someone warm and solid amidst the throng of strangers milling about the theme park.

Almost as if he understood my unspoken feelings, I felt his hands gently unlace mine from their position and guide me so we were facing each other. He placed my hands back around his waist, holding me there: one hand holding my head, the other on my lower back.

I let him hold me, clinging to him like a koala bear.

That’s better, I thought, as I felt a huge release of tension.

We stayed like that until we had to walk onto the ride.



 

how was that?

I hope it was okay...

ahhh I'm so worried I'm gonna mess up or the chapters are just gonna be really disappointing >.<

anyway,

thank you sooo much for subscribing and commenting<3 *gives out cookies*

I'm already about a quarter way through the next chapter so please look forward to it ~