She Who Knows

The Mask of Sanity:

Hello guys! I'm out of school now and well, here's Chapter 1. FINALLY I know. Now, I think I need to clear some things up before you guys continue to read.
When I said it was light-hearted, I meant light hearted for the theme of a 'madhouse'. The story will contain romance drama and it'll will have it's moments but other than that, it is pretty light on the horrible drama. *Insert Taeyeon's laugh*


Anyway, the format of the chapters will be one character's point of view in each on. For example, Chapter 1 is Taeyeon's point of view...because we all want some of that Taeny actions I decided to switch up point of views because I
thought you guys would like to know what's going on in each characters minds and what their thinking. C:...Plus, this way, it's more fun  
Well, that's all I have for now so read on!


Make sure you comment below! XD

  





 


  Chapter 1: Taeyeon

She Who Knows





I could hear her footsteps echo down the hallway as I felt her presence coming closer and closer to me. I kept my eyes on the book I was unconsciously reading, flipping the pages with a slight rustle and partly listened to the light steps outside of my room.

It was time already?

I brought my head up and glanced at the clock on the wall beside of me.

9:17am

I frowned; she came earlier today.

I let myself sigh and I returned to the book I was reading. It had a pathetic plot line really. It was the typical love story about two lovers who had to fight through the hardships in life, which, of course, included one of the two being diagnosed with cancer or something like that. They would support each other no matter what and tell each other a bunch of lies to not worry each other…

I snorted.

I wasn’t through with the book yet, but I already knew how it was going to end.

Too obvious. Too boring.

The door of my room opened with a cheerful slide and out of the corner of my eye, I caught her carrying another lunchbox with way too many decorations on it.

It was a pink lunchbox that was covered with stickers of who-know-what characters that were probably from some kids show.

I remembered the girl in the room next door holding a similar character, except it was a plush. The girl barely talked at all and I couldn’t remember a time where she wasn’t carrying around that stupid frog that sported that creepy grin. I shivered.

Bleh.

I shut my book with a huff and threw it to the ground. I heard a giggle and heard a rattle of bracelets and then a thump beside me.

She probably picked up the book.

I turned my head sideways to face the windows that I usually kept closed. Sunlight hurts my eyes and head but because I didn’t go outside much, the nurses here told me to at least open the curtains once a day for an hour or so and at first, I didn’t listen. Although, once this girl replaced the role of being my ‘caretaker’, I guess it relieved the other nurses and they left me alone since they thought I’ll be in safe hands anyway.

I watched as she pulled the curtains slightly open.

“Is this okay Tae?” She turned to look at me, a smile graced upon her face.

I didn’t reply.

Instead, I let my head fall backwards onto my pillow and turned my head away from the sun’s rays. She seemed to take this as my answer and finished opening the curtains even further until my room was illuminated with bright light.

I groaned, displeased.

I felt the edge of my bed dip and I opened my eyes to be met with a pink box. I rolled my eyes and sat up, the blanket around me slipping off my shoulders to reveal my white pyjamas.

“The courtesy of the madhouse.”

I remembered what the recipient had said when she handed me the pair of clothes when I first arrived here. What a lie. The clothes they gave us itched like crazy and they were barely comfortable enough to sleep enough.

And they wonder why I never go to sleep until late.

“What?” I asked, although I already knew what she wanted me to do. It was like a daily routine that we played. We were like children playing patient and doctor, except I wasn’t sick. She was the doctor that was taking care of me even though I refuse any of her help. I think I was finally getting use to it.

I stared at her blankly.

I still don’t understand why she must visit everyday. She could’ve had better things to do, like going shopping on the weekends or going out on a date with some jerk or just doing something other than coming to a madhouse to take care of someone who didn’t even want the assistance.

This girl was as stubborn as I was, and I use to think that wasn’t possible.

That is, until I met her.

She pouted and pushed the box into my face.

“Taaaee~” She was whining again. “Just eat it, okay?”

She grabbed her bag from the floor and started to rummage through it. Then, she brought out a pair of chopsticks.

Oh no. My face twisted in horror.

She was not going to feed me again.

Last time we attempted to eat like that, it had ended up in a mess on my bed, pasta and bits of meatballs all over my clothes. A displeasing feeling really, having spaghetti sauce inside my shirt. I rather not have a repeat of it.

She must have seen the look on my face and again, she giggled.

“Don’t worry Tae, I’m not going to help you eat.” She assured me, handing me the sticks.

I raised my brow in question, causing her to laugh again.

Aish. This girl laughed too easily. I swear she could find anything funny, even if I told her she was ugly or something.

I stopped reaching for the pair of chopsticks and paused for a second.

Oh yeah. I did say that before and if I remembered clearly, she ended up in a fit of laughter so loud that the nurses had rushed in with security, thinking I had drugged her or something.

Wait.

Not possible.

They wouldn’t even let me near a fork without someone watching me.

I wasn’t even that crazy.

I brought some food up to my mouth and ate silently. She wasn't an exceptional cook but she did know what to burn and what not to burn. I remember her saying something about getting up early just to cook for me. What a waste of time.

She was watching me eat the rice she had prepared and I soon felt myself becoming self-conscious. I needed distract her.

“What?!” I snapped at her while I chewed a piece of chicken. Why was I trying to get rid of this awkward atmosphere? I didn’t care about making her feel like she was welcome. Actually, she wasn’t welcomed, but I guess that didn’t stop her from coming.

“You’re so cute when you eat Tae.” She grinned and I felt like puking up the food she was feeding me.

Me? Cute? What was she talking about?

I swear it should be her in this bed being babied instead of me.

I grumbled. “You must be kidding me…”

“Aww, are you embarrassed TaeTae?” She teased. She leaned over to poke my cheeks. “You’re blushing.”

I automatically jerked my hand up to my face, feeling its heat radiating from it. I felt my ears flushing at the realization and I pushed her back away from me.

“I’m not!”

“Yes you are!”

“Not!”

“Yup!”

“No, I’m not!”

“But Tae, your cheeks-“

“It’s just hot in here! The sun is making me hot.”

She just laughed harder and shook her head while I picked at the rice. I didn’t feel that hungry anymore.

I put my chopsticks onto the lunchbox and before I could tell her I was done, she was already taking the box away from me, closing it and putting it away on the table beside us.

I stared, slightly impressed.

How long did it take her to learn how to read my mind?

She turned around and I look away quickly.

Did she catch me?

I heard her giggle again and I cursed myself.

“Ohh Tae-“

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?” I said, cutting her off.

I would rather that everybody avoided me and just left me alone. I didn’t like attention and it was bad enough to be stuck inside of this room but I had to be bothered by this girl almost everyday with her high-pitched voice when she was excited about something and the way she would just keep trying to do things for me.

It drives me crazy, maybe even more crazy than I already am.

I studied her thoughtful expression. Her face was highlighted by the yellow light of the sun and her hair framed her face as if she was a painting, the back of her head like a waterfall of dark brown locks.
She was a beauty, she was.

But I would never tell her that, or anyone really. It would only make her more confident.

“Well,” She drawled out and I rolled my eyes, “You’re my friend and I care for you.”

I didn’t except such a simple answer. But, yet then again, I probably did. This girl was straightforward with her feelings and couldn’t hide her emotions well even if she tried. She expressed everything too much. She was bound to be used by some jerks if she kept this happy-go attitude of hers up.

I wacked myself.

And why wouldn I care about the people she hung out with?

“Well, you shouldn’t care.” I leaned back onto the pillow, “And who ever said you were my friend?”

Oh, maybe that was a bit to harsh.

I wacked myself again.

Who cares if I was harsh?! I didn't even want her here...

Even though I wasn’t looking at her, I could feel her disappointment and could almost imagine her crestfallen face. I felt my shoulders drop but still kept my face straight.

I still had my pride to uphold and being a softie for a few seconds would make her think of me differently. She might think I actually cared about hurting her feelings.

She would get over it, like she always did.

The room was silent and I felt my eyes turning dry from not blinking for a while.

Suddenly, I heard her sigh and heard her get up from the bed and walk back to the small table beside me. I heard rattling of plastic and I assumed she was cleaning up the lunchboxes. Then, she started to walk back towards the bed, picking up her bag on the way.

I kept my eyes on the scenery outside where the small garden glimmered. I couldn't believe the madhouse owned that. My eyes started to sting from the brightness.

She leaned down to my level.

“But I consider you as my friend anyway.” She whispered in my ears before backing away.

I stiffened but didn’t turn to face her.

Instead, I just listened to her footsteps and heard her call cheerfully, “I have class now TaeTae, I’ll be right back after my lectures are done!” I pretended to ignore her, not replying as I usually didn't anyway.

When the door finally closed shut, I rolled my body over and laid on my side.

I sighed again, eying the object in front of me.

There it was again; another note she wrote every time she would visit. I reached over and took it carefully in my hands, reading it.

Today I visited Tae again! ^_^
I woke up really early to make her some Korean food today since last time, Tae said she didn’t want to eat anymore of my American food…;C
How mean is that?! >.< Nachos are good!
Well, anyway, I had fun again with Tae and I’m sad it’s time for me to go to class. It’s so boring! ;P
But I guess its fine since I’ll be able to study to help Tae get rid of her ‘loner’ attitude. (:
Fany~ Hwaiting~! <3

P.S. – Even though Tae was a bit mean today, I forgive her because I know she didn’t mean it. C:

I snorted.

She was too forgiving.

And what did she mean "she had fun with me today"? I practically was being ice cold to her.

Maybe even colder than that one girl. But then again, everytime that one girl walked into the room, everything she touched and looked at would freeze up.

I didn' think I was that cold.

I stretched my short figure to pull open the cabinet beside me. I glanced that the many pieces of colorful paper inside it and slipped the one I held in my hand inside it too. I closed the cabinet smoothly and rolled back onto my back, bringing up my arm to lie across my forehead.

Tiffany Hwang was too forgiving.

She shouldn’t be laughing and smiling at all the rude comments I throw at her just to get her to leave me alone and she sure shouldn’t be wasting her time dealing with me. Maybe being cold and throwing insults at her wasn't working...Maybe I should try a different approach to get her to stay away.

I still don’t know why she visits, you know.

But maybe I don’t know because I never asked her before. I wonder why I didn’t try to ask her.I guess it just slipped my mind after all the unnessasary commotion she gives me.

I shut my eyes and basked in the warmth that the sun provided.

It burns.

The door slide open again and I already knew what was coming next. I didn’t even bother to open my eyes to see who it was.

“Taeyeon, it’s time for your session with Hyoyeon.” A fluffy light voice called out to me.

I grunted and threw off the covers around me, getting up slowly. I looked at the girl that sported the same height with me and waved her off.

“I’m coming, Soonkyu-sshi.”

She glared at me and retorted. “It’s Sunny.”

I shrugged her off and made my way out the door, Sunny following closely behind me. This nurse was hardcore sometimes, I swear. She wasn’t like the other wimpy nurses who were so frightened off me that they begged the management to change paitents with me. Sunny though, she was different. She had a strong aura, something only a few people at the madhouse had.

I suddenly remembered the caretaker in the children’s sections. Now she, that caretaker, that one girl, was definitely hardcore. She was cold as ice and I still wonder how she got the job looking after children.

As we walked, I could tell she was contemplating whether to talk or not. I prayed she didn’t start up a conversation but my hopes were crushed when she asked.

“How was your meeting with Fany?”

“Bad.” I replied bluntly. “As always.”

“Right.” Sunny muttered back sarcastically.

She probably thought I was trying to act cool and keep my pride as being ‘bad’. Apparently, I was the ‘badass’ in the madhouse due to some rumors that the idiots in here spread.

I was pretty sure that loud-mouth doctor I was assigned to was apart of the making of those rumors.

“I’m serious.” I said, frowning deeply. I always tried to keep my conversations short.

She pushed past me and rolled her eyes. “Whatever you say, Taeyeon.” She said as she knocked lightly on a tall wooden door. There was a golden plaque on its glossy surface that read “Dr. Kim Hyoyeon;]” I shook my head as I saw the dorky grin someone had drew on the side of the plaque.

“Yes?” A muffled voice called out.

“Ne, it’s me, Sunny-bunny~” Sunny said with a huge amount of aegyo laced in her voice.

I grimaced.

This nurse was intense.

I heard Hyoyeon gag from the other side of the door.

“Ew. Don’t do that.”

Sunny pouted.

“And don’t start that puppy face either.”

Sunny laughed. “Can we come in yet? I got Taeyeon.”

We both waited for a bit before the door was opened with a creak, revealing a woman barely taller than us. Hyoyeon grinned at me and I looked away. I’ve always found her weird as heck.

She knew everything that went around in the madhouse and she barely went out of her office since she had patients going in and out of it everyday daily. Hyoyeon was pretty busy and she still acted like everyday was the last day she was living. From what Tiffany says during her rambles, during her free time, Hyoyeon would go do some crazy stunts like climbing Mount Everst or go jumping of a plane to explore the jungle.

She was literately living the life.

“Ohh~ You got her out of bed faster today! Congrats~” She exclaimed happily, pushing back a strand of blonde hair behind of her ears.

Sunny laughed heartily. “Well yeah. I think Fany did something to her today…Maybe she put something in her food today?”

I found myself growing irritated as the two friends laughed at the lame joke. I cleared my throat loudly and they both turned to me, still smiling.

“Oh!” Hyoyeon said. “Come right in Taeyeon.” She opened the door wider for me. I glanced back at Sunny and she gave me a thumbs up. I narrowed my eyes at her with a dissaproving frown and entered the room.

The door closed behind me and I took a seat in the corner of the room on a leather chair.

The room was decorated with autographs of famous performers, singers and even actors and actresses. On every wall, it was filled with their pictures and music played softly from the surround sound system that was set up in the office. I also spotted the glass case of dance trophies that sat proudly behind Hyoyeon’s chair. Then, I spotted a deer head right above of my head.

Not a typical therapist office, that’s for sure.

I made myself as comfortable as I could and watched as Hyoyeon made her way towards me, a notepad in her hand.

“Soo,” She sat down in front of me. I looked at her face which was darkening slightly as she dimmed down the lights with her remote on her chair.

Supposedly, this “dimming of the lights” was to make me feel calm. When I had my first session here with Hyoyeon though, the sudden darkening of the lights had made me so freaked out that I had thrown some punches at her. Luckily, she was skilled in dodging.

She quickly scribbled something down in her notepad, which I presumed was today’s questions and daily analysed.

She looked back at me, grinning.

“You ready?”

 


 

Annd, that's all for now...sadly...I hope you guys enoughed this chapter and I'll try my best to get the next chapter out soon.

Maybe I can work faster with comments? C; ? LOL, I'll see you guys soon!