Lovers Quarrel

Where did you come from?
Noori’s POV
As I walk inside the classroom, I notice that something is missing. Something small. Hmm. I grabbed my phone from my pocket.

*Yah! Sungmin, Where are you? Class is going to start anytime soon* I texted the person who’s been missing. It’s a rare thing that Sungmin is late.
*I’ll tell you later, I’m on my way* Sungmin replied seconds later.

I put my phone back to my pocket. Hmm. Something happened, huh?

I stretched my arms in the air. B-O-R-I-N-G. I’m sleepy. Why is Sunmin taking so long. This day
I rest my head on top of my table. I think I’m gonna sleep for a while...

Suddenly, I felt someone tapped me from the back.
Hyoyoung.

“Are you sleeping?” She said smiling. Duh? What does it look like I’m doing?
“What do you think?” I gave her a nonchalant look
“Don’t be like that” She protested.
“What?”
“You’ve been ignoring my calls for these past few days and now you’re mocking me?”

I stayed silent. She knows what’s wrong. I don’t have to explain it.

She sighed. “Noori, please talk to me” She gently grabbed my hands.
“Don’t. Don’t do that” I remove her hands from mine. “ Do you think your actions will change things?”
“Noori” She sound exhausted” You’ve misunderstood. Please, just hear me out”

I can’t take this anymore. I remove my gaze from her and saw Sungmin approaching us.

“Let’s talk later” I ended the conversation and move towards Sungmin.
“Why did you leave Hyoyoung? Did you guys fight again?” Sungmin said.

I’m tired of this. I’m tired of going through this over and over again.

“Just talk to her, okay? And end things once and for all.” Sungmin comforted me.

I didn’t have the courage to end things with her. I never did…