Chapter 12

B.A.P Monsters

“D-Daehyun, I’m scared…” 4 year old Youngjae shivered. He watched as his hyung flew around with his bat like wings and regret that the fact that he wanted Daehyun to teach him how to fly.

“It’s alright, Youngjae.” The older boy said and stretched his arm towards his dongsaeng. “Come on, stop crying and let hyung see your beautiful, white wings.”

Youngjae looked up. He gently took Daehyun’s hand and stood up from his legs.

“Spread your wings.” Daehyun repeated.

Youngjae nodded and took a deep sigh. He wiped off his tears with the surface of his long sleeves and closed his eyes.

Daehyun watched as Youngjae’s back out grew two figures. He smiled. “Now, hyung’s going to hold onto you, no need to be scared, arraso?” Youngjae nodded, causing Daehyun to take one more step ahead.

The incubus flapped his bat wings and took lift, slowly carrying Youngjae, whose eyes were shut tight.

“Now follow hyung’s lead. One. Two.” Daehyun continued to count as the siren’s wings were waving, making the swish sounds. “Now open your eyes.”

Youngjae shrieked as he found himself hovering over his backyard. He clutched onto his hyung’s shirt. “H-Hyung, please don’t let go.”

Daehyun smiled and tightened his grip on the younger boy. “I won’t. I promise I won’t let you go.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

Youngjae smiled and hugged Daehyun, still midair. “Thank you Daehyun, I love you.”

“I love you too, Youngjae.”

Daehyun’s eyes shot opened as he sat up. It was only a dream, he thought to himself. The boy looked around, it was awfully dark and he felt a wet towel fall into his hands.

“You’re awake.” He heard Himchan say, his voice tired. “I’m relieved. You nearly passed out for more than five hours.”

“Hyung, what happened? What about the princess?”

Himchan’s expression grew negative. “They got the jewel…” He blurted out. “We tried to stop him, but he was just too strong. That last attack, Zelo tried to protect us by creating a barrier of ice, but it wasn’t enough. He took the most injuries.” Himchan explained, wiping Zelo’s sleeping voice with the wet towel.

“And then he took the jewel, the necklace that Sehun gave to Luhan. That was the jewel.”

“So there’s only six left?”

Himchan nodded.

“Hyung, where are we?”

“I don’t know.” The elder immediately answered. “Kai teleported us out after we fainted I guess. So I don’t know what happened to the others back in the village.”

Kai shot up, flapping his small bunny ears. “Kai was so scared everyone’s getting hurt. So he flashed everyone out!” He cutely said, snuggling up to Himchan’s chest. “Did Kai do a good job, umma?”

Himchan smiled, he patted the small bunny’s forehead and placed a kiss. “You did the right thing, Kai. I’m proud of you.”

“Yay! Kai’s happy now!~”

“Are they still out?” Daehyun asked again, looking over to Jongup, Zelo, and Yongguk who seemed to still be sleeping.

“Jongup and Yongguk needed a rest, they woken up earlier. But Zelo hasn’t moved an inch.” He answered sadly. “I hope he’s alright.”

“Umma! Umma! Look!” Kai hopped towards the vampire, pointing to a huge door. “Lookie what Kai foundie!”

Himchan blinked. It looked like a door, but there was no knob. “Down here!” He heard Kai again and watched as his small paw pointed to something else.

“It’s a small door.” Himchan mumbled. His fingers went to reach to opened it, but to no success.

Then he noticed something else. It was a small note attached to what seemed like a table. “Drink this if you want to fit through that.” He read out loud. “Drink what?”

“This.” Kai cheered, holding a large bottle of some kind of liquid. “I don’t think Kai is big enough to drink yet.”

“We should wake up the others.” Himchan suggested as he walked to the rest. He slowly shook the two boys who woken up but not the maknae.

“Hyung, let me do it.” Daehyun said.

“What? How?”

Daehyun smirked. His black tail slowly appeared and the point split up into four sides. “Hyung, I’m going to enter Zelo’s dreams. Judging by his face, I can tell it’s a happy dream. Now, when I enter, my mind is leaving my body so it’s going to be lifeless, don’t panic when my body just suddenly stops moving, alright?”

Himchan nodded and watched as Daehyun adjusted himself in front of the tall maknae. His temporary flat tail was placed onto Zelo’s forehead and Daehyun slowly closed his eyes.

Just like what Daehyun explained, his body plopped onto the floor. “Don’t panic,” Himchan reminded himself.

As Daehyun slowly entered Zelo’s dream, he flew around, searching for the boy. He called out, receiving an answer from below.

“Zelo ah, what are you doing?”

The maknae smiled cheekily. “Hyung, you want some steak hamburgers with a side of cherry tomatoes?”

“No I don’t.” Daehyun blinked. “I can’t believe I just turned down food, argh, never mind, Zelo come on. You need to wake up from this dream, Himchan hyung is worried sick about you.”

Zelo pouted. “But can’t I at least finish this?”

“You can’t Zelo. I can only enter your dream for a limited time, if I’m here too long, I’ll grow weak and something bad might happen.”

“Fine.” The maknae said with a sigh. “Bye bye food.” He slowly took Daehyun’s hand and flew upwards.

Meanwhile, Himchan watched as Zelo’s hands stirred and his eyes slowly opened. “Zelo ah!” He shouted, hugging the boy. “Are you alright? You’re not that hurt right? I was so worried about you!”

“Umma yah, I’m fine.” Zelo groaned. “Just hungry,” He looked at Daehyun. “Since someone couldn’t let me finish my meal.”

Daehyun just shrugged.

“Here guys, drink some of this.” Himchan said, pouring the water into each cup he got from his bag. “You too, Kai.”

Jongup had finished first, and then he felt something weird. “Hyung, is it supposed to feel like this?"He asked. “Huh? How come you guys are so tall?”

“J-jongup, you just…you just shrunk!” Daehyun shouted, looking at himself. “Oh no! I shrunk too! No! I’m the size of Jongup’s brain!”

Hyung! That’s not nice!” Jongup shouted. “Two can play at that game. Look hyung! I’m the size of your muscles!”

Up high, Himchan watched as Daehyun and Jongup yelled at each other in some small, high pitch, chipmunk voices. He looked at the bottle and was dumbfounded. “Oh…it’s a shrink liquid.” He shrugged, gave some to Yongguk and Zelo and finished the rest himself.

Now that they were down to their sizes, Himchan ran towards the door and turned the knob. “Be careful Himchan.” Yongguk warned as he wrapped his arms around the vampire.

Himchan nodded. Slowly, he parted the door, leading into what seemingly a different world.

Bright colors attacked their eyes as they looked around. Exotic plants and creatures roamed around, one even purring against Zelo’s ankle. “He’s so adorable.” The boy said as he picked up the small being. “What is it?”

Just then, the creature grew sharp teeth and launched itself in front of Zelo, fortunately he dodged the attack and no damage was inflicted.

Zelo shouted and froze the small thing with his eyes. “Never mind, that wasn’t adorable.”

“Careful, Zelo.” The said boy heard Jongup say and noticed the fur on his back spring up. “It feels strange here, Kai, where are we?”

“Kai doesn’t know! Kai just zaps places to places, you expect Kai to know everything? Geez.” The small bunny shouted as he huffed onto Himchan’s arms, who just smiled and pet his head causing Kai to smile.

“You’re in Wonderland.” A sudden voice came from above.

Swiftly, all five prepared themselves, looking around to find the voice.

“You’re in Wonderland.” The voice repeated. “Up here.”

“The Cheshire Cat…” Himchan lowly called out. He couldn’t look away from the feline. He was more like an anime cat boy than a real live cat. His ears and hair were red, with scarlet paws. He also seemed to be wearing what seemed like a black vest with nothing underneath and tan shorts.

Cheshire cat grinned. “Actually, I’d like to be called U-Kwon please~” He added and jumped down from the tree and stood onto the floor.

Himchan blinked. “U-Kwon? Like in Block B?”

“No, not in Block B…So, I’d guess that you five are not from Wonderland. Who,” He stopped and flashed into smoke before being puffed up in front of Jongup. “Are you?”

Jongup growled and tried to give the cat a punch. “Get lost, you cat.”

“Woah, woah, woah, calm down, dog breath.” U-kwon said back with another huge grin. “Since you all are new to Wonderland, how about I give you a, woah!” He was cut off when an earthquake happened, startling the rest. “Sorry about that. Ever since some guy arrived in Wonderland, bad things have been happening; anyway, let me give you a tour, shall I?”

“Nobody asked you.”

“Jongup, calm down.” Himchan said as he tried to soothe the werewolf boy. Zelo nodded and hugged his hyung, hoping it would be effective. “Give us a tour please.”

U-Kwon grinned again. He appeared in front of Himchan and examined his face. “I like you. You have nice eyes.”

“Back off, he’s taken.” Yongguk growled. He backed Himchan up with his arm and glared at the cat.

U-Kwon just smiled. He began floating and turning his head 360 clockwise. “I feel like nobody likes me~”

“What gave you that idea, cat brain?”

“Something, canine idiot.”

“Just shut up already.” Daehyun finally spoken after a while with a serious expression and walked ahead first. “The faster we get that jewel, the faster we’ll get Youngjae back.”

The other nodded and followed the incubus. “Give us the tour, Cheshire.”

“The name’s U-Kwon. And to begin with, we are standing inside of The Fungal Forest. In front is The Hatter’s House and behind us is the Village of Animals. Where do you want to head?”

“Which is the closest to the queen?”

“Why the queen, hyung?”

“Because, she might be one of the generals and she might have the jewel.” Daehyun explained. He looked down to his necklace. “After she’s gone, we might be one step closer to Youngjae…”

“There is no queen anymore.” U-Kwon spoke up, still flowing with that smile of his. “This guy came a couple days ago and he overthrew the queen’s throne. He’s now under control of Wonderland.”

“He’s part of fairy tale.” Yongguk said with his arms still around Himchan. “Daehyun might be right. Which road would lead us to the queen?”

“The Hatter’s House.”

“Then let’s go. We can’t waste time.” Daehyun leaded again and began to walked, followed by the others.

“I’m curious, U-Kwon.” Zelo said. He had his thinking face on and pondered as he rearranged his question. “In the story, Wonderland is supposed to be saved by Alice. Is she here?”

U-Kwon’s smile disappeared slowly. “She was, before she was taken by the general. Either she’s dead or they kept her prisoner.”

“Can you tell us the whole story?”

U-kwon nodded. “We were sorta peaceful before that guy came, even though the queen was still there. One day, there was an earthquake, it destroyed everything, and he came. He told us, ‘give me the jewel or you’ll suffer.’ We didn’t respond and he did cause suffer and took over the kingdom after he made the queen disappear. Many lives were lost and we lost hope until there was news that the legendary Alice had appeared. She bravely challenged the guy but we never seen her ever again. Considering he was still there, we guessed she lost. Things have never been the same ever again. People became selfish, evil, and different.”

Not before long, they had arrived at the house. “This is the Mad Hatter’s house.” U-kwon explained. “He’s a bit weird but I’m great friends with him so he won’t do any harm.”

The others watched as U-kwon opened the door. They were greeted with a handsome, sharp eyed man in front of the desk, who seemed to be making hats.

“I’m back, Mad Hatter~”

“U-kwon? You mad me worry. What took you so long?”

The cat had his signature grin. “I brought some friends.”

The Mad Hatter blinked. “Hello. I’m the Mad Hatter, but please call me,” He smiled. “Zico.”

Himchan blinked. “…like in Block B?”