Chapter 10

B.A.P Monsters

Days past with hard work of training for the four; until the day that they just noticed the test will be held tomorrow.

The thought made Youngjae shudder. Out of the four of them, he knew he was the weakest. Being a siren, he doesn’t have many abilities except for singing, defensive attacks and healing.

“Don’t worry, Youngjae.” Daehyun said after placing a kiss on the younger boy’s forehead. “You’ll be fine.”

“I hope…”

“You’ll be fine, hyungie!!!” Zelo shouted, back hugging the siren. “How about we relax for the whole day today and go shopping!”

“By shopping…do you mean…???”

Zelo let out a weird laugh. “Ehehehe~ cherry tomatoes~”

The three let out a sigh and face palm. “Come on, Youngjae hyung. I promise we’ll have lots of fun when we’re not buying cherry tomatoes!”

“Oh, alright. Let’s go to the human world! I heard they have a sale on ice cream!”

“Wait, what about us?” Jongup asked after Youngjae and Zelo had walked off.

Zelo giggled. “Oh, you can follow us like the good little puppy you are~”

“What?! That was mean! You little---“

“Fetch.”

“Must resist…must…screw it.” Jongup said and ran across the field before coming back with a branch in his mouth. He spat it out in front of Zelo. “I hate you.”

Zelo giggled again and kneeled down to Jongup’s height. “Who’s a good boy?~” He chanted repeating as he shook his face.

“I’m a good boy~~~” Jongup answered in a happy tone before realizing his humiliation. “Huh, what, that was unfair!”

“Bad dog.”

*Whimper*

Daehyun smiled as he noticed Youngjae giggle at the little act. The boy back hugged Youngjae and rested his chin on his shoulder. “So, are we going to the human world?” He asked even though the answer was perfectly clear.

“Of course; I did say that I wanted ice cream right?~” Youngjae said cutely, adding a giggle at the end.

Daehyun just smiled wider and pecked Youngjae’s cheek, making the younger boy blush even more.

“Awww~ Youngjae hyungie is blushing!!!” Zelo cooed, poking Youngjae’s flushed cheek.

Youngjae frantically shook his head left and riht before puff up his cheeks. “I am not!” He shouted, stomping his right foot and right on Jongup’s tail.

The werewolf let out a painful whelp and startled off into the forest. “Jongup! Wait!!! Aish, Daehyun and Youngjae hyung, I’ll see you guys later when I get Jongup. Bye! YAH, MOON JONGUP!!!!”

A little while after the two ran off, Daehyun and Youngjae sat down on the special bus that leads to the human world. They sat near the middle; Youngjae sitting at the window seat.

Youngjae stared outside as they past through the portal, which was in the tunnel, and finally arrived into the human world.

“Ice cream!!!~” He chanted after noticing an ice cream truck.

As they got off the bus, Youngjae quickly rushed after the truck since it was about to leave and tired his hardest not to spread his wings.

“WAIT, DAMMIT!!!!!!!” He shouted before finally getting his ice cream, which Daehyun gladly paid.

“This taste so sweet~” The younger boy said, taking another on is ice cream. Daehyun chuckled and ate some of Youngjae’s ice cream. “Hey!”

“What? I just wanna try some.” Daehyun said. He whipped some of his vanilla ice cream on Youngjae’s forehead and kissed it off.

“Stop it…” Youngjae said as he wiped off the kiss. He pouted. “You’re such an idiot.”

“Yeah but I’m a handsome idiot, right? I mean come on, with this face? I’m Pusan’s Won Bin for god’s fake, kekeke.”

Youngjae just giggled. He’s used to all of Daehyun’s over confidence on his so-called handsome face. Finally, he stopped the blabbering boy by stuffing the ice cream into his mouth. “Alright, I get it, you’re handsome. But I’m beautiful~”

Daehyun smiled and swallowed the ice cream without getting any brain freeze. “Yes, you are beautiful. Jennifer Lopaz would cry because of your beauty.” He teased, tickling Youngjae’s nose.

“Alright, fine. Let’s get some cheesecake now.”

“Wah? How’d you know I was about to ask that?”

“Because once you start compliment me and everything, you’ll want something. And most of the time, it’s cake.”

“Wow, you’re good.”

“We’re not buying couple shirts.”

“Wha- fine.”

Fast Forward to the next day…

Youngjae stretched his shoulders early in the morning and yawned. He looked over at Daehyun giggled as he played with the older boy’s nose with a feather.

They bought a lot of stuff yesterday. And this gift shop owner also gave them free stuff animals because she thought the two were absolutely adorable.

“Daehyunnie. Wake up, it’s almost time for the test…” Youngjae said, his voice lowering at the end.

The older boy groaned and brought Youngjae down beside him. The younger boy blushed as he breathed heavily on Daehyun’s chest.

“Daehyun…”

5…..

4….

3…

2..

1.

“Daehyun, if you don’t wake up this instant, I’m going to destroy everything you love.”

“…So does that mean you’re going to destroy yourself?”

Youngjae froze with a blush on his face. He hastily got out of Daehyun’s arms and went to take a shower leaving Daehyun mentally laughing.

An hour passed and the two had successfully gotten to their class on time. They waited for a while and talked with Jongup and Zelo until time has finally come and went downstairs to the arena.

Yongguk watched as the students were talking at their seats. He waited a while for everyone to settle down.

“Are you sure you didn’t copy this test from the Hunger Games?” Himchan asked, looking out the glass and to the kids.

“Himchan, I’m telling you one more time, no.”

“Just asking.” Himchan said with a smile before wrapped around Yongguk’s arm. He leaned on the older boy’s shoulder and snuggled onto it.

As the students quiet down little by little, Yongguk and Himchan stood behind the Headmaster as he walked up to the microphone.

“Good morning, students.” He started. “As you all know, today is the day of your test. I will make this announcement short. Those who fail the test will be sent to the training ground. This isn’t torture. It’s for your own good. It’s to test your ability. So, to save time, let the test begin as we randomly choose our first two contestants.”

The crowd grew silent as the Headmaster drew the first show. “Bora and…Zelo. Good luck to you both.”

Zelo sighed as he stood up and headed to the battle ground. “I just had to be first. You’re lucky one of the prizes is cherry tomatoes…” He complained and watched as Bora entered.

“Let’s make this a fun battle!” She shouted across the field, jumping and cheering.

“Uh, right.”

The bell rang, signaling that the match has begun. Instantly, trees and mountains formed, blocking out the two’s sights of each other.

Zelo yawned as he casually walked through the woods, until he felt something.

Warmth.

It was warm, and it was getting warmer. Before he knew it, the whole stadium was set on fire.

“Aish. I’m at a disadvantage…” Zelo said after barely dodging a falling tree on fire.

“Can’t stand the heat???” Bora cheerfully asked after noticing Zelo already sweating. She giggled. “I can’t believe I’m facing a Frost. This is going to be so easy.” She said, swinging her feet back and forth as she sat on a branch.

“I don’t like you.” Zelo said before sending off a sharp icicle but was nullified by the heat before it even got near to Bora.

“Since I’ll be beating you easy, I’m not surprised.” She teased and flicked a small fireball at Zelo, fortunately, he dodged it.

Bora giggled as Zelo was heavily panting now.

On the side, Jongup’s fists were turning white as he watched Zelo trying his hardest not to melt. “Come on, Zelo.” He whispered. “Ice is an advantage against fire…”

Still in the game, Zelo was jumping and running all over the place trying to get away from Bora’s attacks but he was stuck once the girl had created a firewall.

“.” He crused before turning around.

“Just give up already. You’re going to fail.”

“On the contrary, Bora, I’m not the one going to fail.”

“Hm? What do you mean?”

Zelo giggled. “Fire can’t beat ice.”

“What?! Yes it can’t! Just watch, I’ll melt you and then---“

“And then what? After I melt, it’ll turn into…water.”

Bora gasped before realizing the statement. She tried to flee but it was too late, Zelo had created an ice barrier despite the heat.

“My mommy always told me not to play with fire~” He cooed and transformed the arena into a large pool.

“Alright, alright! I lost, just stop it with the water!!!”

“Aish, fine. You bore me.”

~

A few more battles past until finally it was Youngjae’s turn. He was facing Nana who abnormally scares him.

“May the best one win.” Nana said with a fancy bow.

Youngjae just nodded.

The test has begun and the arena turned into a beach field. Youngjae had to squint his eyes because Nana was already attacking with her wind abilities, blowing sand into his eyes.

Youngjae spread his great white wings and flew all the way to the top of the mountain where he can get a better look of the field.

He looked around, no sign of Nana anywhere.

“I’m right here.”

A sudden voice said, making Youngjae turned around and hit by a huge gust of wind. “That was unfair!” He shouted, his voice pulsing at Nana and blew her off course.

Just then, when Nana was about to attack, the stadium was shaking, the ceiling had broken apart and a large dark hand appeared.

“Yongguk, what’s going on? Is this part of the test?”

“No…it’s not…Headmaster, we have to do something!”

But it was too late. The hand had disappeared out of sight.

Daehyun looked around. He noticed something. Youngjae was gone. He shouted his name, but there was no reply until a small white feather floated down to his hands. “Youngjae...”