u-02

Talk to Me, Pooh.

“Excuse me. Excuse me.” Chaehyun kept pushing people around her so she could make a way and attend her class ontime. When she woke up this morning, it was already 10am, and she had class at 10.30am. No wonder she got that messy hair because of running too fast.

Chaehyun took a deep breath and pushed the door open, only to find Mr. Han starring at her. “You are late four minutes and thirty six seconds, Miss.”

Chaehyun bowed quickly. “I’m sorry, Mr. Han. I woke up late this morning.”

“Don’t come late again, okay? You can sit now.”

Chaehyun bowed once again and walked to her seat, next to Dongho. She heard some people were laughing, and when she looked up, she saw Mr. Han giving a sign for her to fix her hair. She felt so embarrassed, but she felt relieved in a sudden when she heard a voice said, “It’s okay, Pooh.”

It was Dongho.

She turned her head and saw Dongho smiling at her. She stunned on her seat as Dongho started to fix her hair.

“Voila~ Pooh is back. Now you look better. Hahaha…”

Chaehyun kept silent as she was too busy thinking of what was happening. Shin Dongho, one of U-kiss members, fixed her hair.

“Pooh? Hello? Are you okay?” Dongho asked, waving his hand in front of Chaehyun’s face.

“Ah? Eh, ne. I’m okay. Sorry for spacing out.” Chaehyun didn’t know what to do next. She just bit her lower lip before finally said, “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome, Pooh.”

Chaehyun looked back at the whiteboard, trying to focus on what Mr. Han was talking about. Later she realized that someone had been starring at her ever since Dongho fixed her hair.

Soobin.

 

--------------------

 

 “Jung Chaehyun.”

Chaehyun stopped walking, she knew very well whose voice it was.

Han Soobin.

Chaehyun turned around only to find Soobin running towards her with unreadable expression on her face.

“Since when Dongho starts touching you?”

Chaehyun tilted her head to the side. “Touching me?”

Soobin rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. “He, Shin Dongho, touched-- oh no, he fixed your hair this morning.”

Chaehyun mouthed an “oh” while nodding. She was about to say something about that when suddenly she saw Kevin walking towards them. She was always speechless whenever she saw Kevin, her favorite U-Kiss member. He was also a student in this university, all of U-Kiss members were studying here too.

She felt her heart stopped beating as Kevin ended up standing in front of her, smiling brightly. “Are you Jung Chaehyun?”

“Y-- Yes.” Chaehyun stuttered. Finally Kevin talked to her!

“Here. Dongho asked me to give this to you. He has some schedules to do that’s why he left first. It’s yours, isn’t it?” Kevin handed her a drawing book with Pooh picture on the cover.

“A-- Yes. It’s mine. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Kevin said, smiling again. “Anyway, have you eaten lunch?”

Chaehyun was too busy starring at Kevin’s angelic face and got surprised when she felt Soobin elbowing her. “N-- No. I haven’t eaten lunch.”

Kevin’s face brightened. “Then let’s eat together. My hyungs are too busy with their assignments, they can’t accompany me.”

Chaehyun almost fainted hearing what Kevin had said. He asked her to eat lunch together! “O-- Okay.”

“And about you…” Kevin turned his head to face Soobin. “Would you join with us?”

Soobin shook her head. “No, thanks. Maybe next time. I’m full already.”

Chaehyun starred at Soobin in disbelief. How could she lie? She knew Soobin hadn’t eaten anything yet.

Soobin took Chaehyun’s drawing book from the owner’s hand. “Oh, let me take this. Enjoy your lunch, Chaehyun.”

Kevin smiled once again and grabbed Chaehyun’s hand. “Well, we’re going first. Bye…--“

“Soobin.” Soobin quickly answered.

“Ah, ne. Bye, Soobin.”

Kevin and Chaehyun walked away from Soobin who was waving her hand happily. She laughed as she saw Chaehyun kept looking back at her and mouthed “you are so dead”.

 

--------------------

 

Chaehyun was putting her stuffs in her bag when suddenly she heard a familiar voice. “Pooh!”

She looked up and saw Dongho approaching her. He was very sweaty, but somehow he still had that cute face.

“Let’s go home together.”

“Huh?”

“I said, let’s go home together. Why? You don’t want to go home with me?” Dongho pouted cutely. Oh how I wish I could pinch your chubby cheek, Chaehyun thought.

“No no no. It’s not like that, Dongho." Chaehyun shook her head, secretly amazed at herself because finally she didn’t stutter like when she was talking with Dongho the previous days. "You just finished your schedule and you're back to this class only to go home together with me?”

Dongho sighed. “First, you can call me Pooh too. Second, it’s getting dark outside so let’s go.” without letting Chaehyun say anything else, Dongho quickly grabbed Chaehyun’s wrist and pulled her to walk beside him.

“You don’t know my address.” Chaehyun finally spoke after they arrived at the bus stop.

“I’m with you, Pooh. I can ask you the direction to your home.”

Chaehyun looked down, swaying her left foot back and forth. She took a glance at Dongho and fortunately he didn’t realize it. She felt Dongho’s hold tightened and just then she saw a group of cute girls walking towards them. She didn’t know why but she quickly took off her hat and placed it on Dongho’s head. She also placed her scarf around Dongho’s neck, making sure it covered his mouth.

Those girls were standing next to her, and Chaehyun was sure they kept starring at Dongho, seemed like they were trying to proof something.

“Are you Dongho?” one of the girls finally spoke.

Dongho shook his head and looked down. The girls kept looking weirdly at him.

Chaehyun felt relieved as she saw her bus coming. She pulled Dongho’s hand and got on the bus. Fortunately, the bus was empty so Dongho could take off Chaehyun’s scarf and hat.

“Thanks, Pooh. You saved me.”

Chaehyun nodded, putting her scarf and hat in her bag. “You’re welcome.”

“How did you know I wanted to cover up myself?”

“You tightened your hold, Pooh. Oh geez.”

Dongho laughed a bit, finally he found someone who could understand him without him saying anything.