u-06

Talk to Me, Pooh.

“Well done, boys.”

“You guys did the best.”

“U-Kiss jjang!”

U-Kiss members smiled hearing those compliments from people around them while walking down from the stage. They just finished their performance on Music Bank and it seemed like everything happened just like what they wanted. Dongho took the towel from their manager and wiped his sweat on his forehead away.

“Here.” something cold was pushed against Dongho’s cheek. He turned his head, only to find Chaehyun standing beside him, holding two cans of orange juice. Chaehyun smiled then handed one to Dongho.

“Thanks, Pooh.”

Chaehyun pinched Dongho’s cheek playfully. “You’re welcome, Pooh.”

Dongho blushed feeling Chaehyun’s soft skin against his cheek. He stiffened for a while but quickly back to his sense. “You were here all the time, huh?”

Chaehyun nodded, but her smile disappeared as she saw Dongho’s blank face. “Wae? You don’t like it?”

“No no no. It’s not like that.” Dongho replied. “How--“

“I invited her to come here.” Kevin cut Dongho off. He approached Chaehyun and Dongho, smiling while rubbing his head with a towel. “Surprised much, eh? Hahaha…”

Dongho forced a smile, but honestly he didn’t know what to say. He was really surprised, no doubt. He just didn’t like the fact that Chaehyun came because of Kevin.

“Pooh? Hello? Pooh, are you okay?”

Dongho was taken aback because of Chaehyun’s voice. “Ah? Oh yes, I’m okay. Sorry.”

“You are very tired, aren’t you?” Chaehyun asked in a worried tone.

“Dongho-ah, you can sleep for…” Kevin looked at the clock on the wall. “for forty minutes maximum if you’re tired.”

“Aniyo. I’m not tired.” Dongho rubbed the back of his neck. “Mm… Thanks for coming, Pooh.”

Chaehyun nodded. “You were really great on stage. I’m proud of you, Pooh~”

Kevin unnoticeably put his arm around Chaehyun’s shoulders. “Uri magnae is always the best. Hahaha…”

The three of them walked together to U-Kiss’ changing room. They talked about everything such as school, friends, family, and the others. Chaehyun mostly talked to Kevin, and Dongho slowly realized that he didn’t like it. He was kind of… jealous?

 

--------------------

 

There was a gentle knock on Chaehyun’s bedroom door. Five seconds after that, the door was pushed wider open. “Chaehyun-ah? Honey, are you still awake?”

Chaehyun’s eyes widened in shock as she saw who was coming. “Minhye eonni!”

That oh-so-called-Minhye girl approached Chaehyun, a big smile plastered on her beautiful face. She extended her arms only to be welcomed by Chaehyun’s tight hug. “You don’t know how much I’ve missed you, dear.”

“I missed you too, eonni.” Chaehyun’s eyes went teary. She really wanted to cry, a cry of happiness.

Minhye touched Chaehyun’s cheek and slightly pinched it. “You’re getting prettier.”

“But still, you’re the prettiest. Eonni is the best!” Chaehyun smiled widely, she was really happy that finally after 2 years she could meet her big sister again. “How was your life in Paris? Did you find any special guy?”

“Uh-huh. I can tell I’ve found someone special.”

“Really? Come on, tell me about him~”

“Nah. I won’t tell you about him.” Minhye stuck her tongue out, earning a pout from Chaehyun. "Secret."

“Eonni is a meanie.”

Minhye laughed a bit. “So how about you? Have you found someone special?”

Chaehyun shook her head but suddenly Dongho’s pouting face popped out in her mind. “Special as boyfriend? Nah. But I have a bestfriend now.”

“Jinjja?” Minhye’s eyes widened in happiness. “Who is he?”

“I’m not sure you would believe it, but yeaaaahh now Shin Dongho is my bestfriend.”

“Shin… Dongho? U-Kiss’ magnae?”

“Uh-huh.” Chaehyun gave a weak nod, somehow she knew her sister hid something from her. “Wae?”

“A-- Aniyo. He’s dead cute, right? I ever met him once.”

Chaehyun let out a chuckle. Second after that, she felt her phone vibrating. She looked at her phone and surprised because it was Xander who was calling. “Ne, Xander oppa?”

“Hyunrin-ah, can you come to our dorm right now?”

“Eh? Why?”

“Dongho--“

Chaehyun cut him off. “WHAT’S WRONG WITH DONGHO?!”

“I-- I don’t know. He locked himself in his room. He hasn’t eaten anything since this morning, Chaehyun.”

“Okay, I’ll be there in ten minutes.”

“Make it two minutes.”

“YOU THINK I COULD FLY?!”

 

--------------------

 

“Pooh.” Chaehyun knocked on Dongho’s bedroom door. “Pooh, it’s me.”

No one answered. Chaehyun let out a deep sigh, she looked back and saw U-Kiss’ members sad face. Chaehyun knocked once again. “Pooh, please open the door. I know you hear me. Pooh, please?”

There was a long pause before finally Chaehyun heard Dongho said, “Leave me alone, Pooh.”

“Poooooooooooohh~ Open the door, please? Come on, I’m your bestfriend.”

Chaehyun heard Dongho unlocked his bedroom door and it slowly opened. “Come in.”

Chaehyun blinked her eyes for a few seconds before snapped back to her sense. Dongho’s messy hair, the dark circles around his eyes, his cracked voice, Chaehyun could tell he was not okay at all. She followed Dongho to sit on his fluffy bed.

“You okay?” Chaehyun asked, touching Dongho’s cheek. Dongho didn’t answer, he kept looking down.

“Pooh?” Chaehyun lifted up Dongho’s chin so he was looking at her now. “What’s wrong?”

Dongho shook his head slowly. He bit his lower lip and looked down again, earning a heavy sigh from Chaehyun. Without thinking more, Chaehyun pulled Dongho in for a hug. She caressed Dongho’s back as she heard him slowly sobbing. She felt really sad although she didn’t know what happened with her bestfriend. “Sssshh~ Pooh must be strong.”

Dongho buried his face on Chaehyun’s shoulder and hugged her back. He admitted it felt so nice being in Chaehyun’s embrace. After a few seconds, he pulled away and looked down, pouting. “Sorry, Pooh.”

“Huh?”

“For making your hoodie wet.”

Chaehyun laughed. She ruffled Dongho’s hair then wiped his tears on his cheeks. “No, it’s okay. Ready to tell me, Pooh?”

“I… hate myself. I’m a troublemaker. I’m a black hole in U-Kiss.” Dongho was at the verge of tears again. “I’m careless. I’m stupid. I’m weak. I shouldn’t have joined this group. I can’t do what my hyungs can do. I’m bad at English. I can’t sing well. I’m not good at dancing.”

“Enough?” Chaehyun asked, she folded her arms on her chest.

Dongho looked up only to see Chaehyun’s unreadable face. “What--“

“You are Shin Dongho. You are not Shin Soohyun who has a powerful voice. You are not Lee Kiseop who can dance well. You are not Alexander Lee Eusebio who is good at English. You are yourself. No matter what happens, you will still have something that the others don’t have. God is fair.”

“But--“

“Everyone makes mistakes. It’s okay, Pooh. If you keep blaming yourself for this, you won’t be a better person. You are still young, you can do better for your future. Pooh, hwaiting!”

Dongho’s lips slowly curved into a big smile. “Ne, arasseo. Thanks, Pooh.”

“That’s what friends are for.” Chaehyun replied, caressing Dongho’s cheek with her thumb. “Keep smiling, okay?”

Dongho nodded then hugged Chaehyun. “I’m glad that I have you as my bestfriend, Pooh.”

“Me too.” Chaehyun hugged him back, smiling. “If anything happens, please just tell me. I don’t want to see you sad.”

“Umm.” Dongho pulled away from the hug, his face was full of happiness now. He felt his heart beating faster as he saw Chaehyun’s smiling face. Dongho thought for a while before he gave a peck on Chaehyun’s cheek. “Thanks.”

“Yepp.” Chaehyun said, pinching Dongho’s cheeks. Both of them laughed happily like nothing happened. Later Chaehyun realized that Dongho had just kissed her cheek. Shin Dongho kissed her. No boy ever kissed her before.