Part 7: (Bang) Line to Heaven

B.A.P. Moments( Best. Absolute. Perfect Moments)

     Today, he visited Hana again. These days he has been visiting his girlfriend in the hospital more often. The doctor told them that she wouldn't be able to live that long anymore.

     Within this week, she may die. It is the bitter truth, Bang should accept it. He brought her some fruits, a bouquet of flowers and hid a small box in his pocket. He walked throught the hospitall halls slowly. He can't stop himself from crying.

 

     He remembered the day he met her. The day she said "yes" to him The day she told him about her condition. That she has leukemia. The day he promised her that he'll continue loving her despite her condition. The day he swore that he'll never love another. It all came back to him like bittersweet pieces of memories.....

 

     He stopped in front of the door to her private room. She has been staying here for a month now; she said she prefers to stay at home, where her friends may always gather, but her father who is a doctor insisted that it's better if she'll stay in the hospital. For one month now, he has been visiting her, without fail.

 

     He opened the door. He saw her, lying on the bed. Her mom's beside her. Mrs. Jo has grown weaker too, she has been staying in the hospital guarding her daughter since she got confined.

 

     Hana saw him, then smiled. If she wasn't only lying in that hospital bed, he would really think she's the usual Hana, the cheerful and carefree Hana, because of her sweet smile. He walked towards her.

 

     "Hana-ah!" He called her.

He kissed her forehead and laid the fruit basket on the table. He showed her the flowers. They are red roses.

 

"They are beautiful! Thank you, Bang!" She said, her voice is weak and soft. Bang held back his tears.

 

"These are your favorite. They are red roses." He said smiling.

 

She looked at him intently.

 

"Bang... I'm so happy to have you as my boyfriend... You took care of me and never left me even if I am like this. If I die now, I'm happy because I had you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. You are the reason why I still live up to this moment." She said while caressing her boyfriend's face, his eyes, nose, cheeks and lips, as if memorizing them.

 

Bang held her hand.

"Hana-ah... I brought you a dozen red roses... I promise I'll love you until the last rose dies..."

 

Hana looked at the roses, then at Bang.

 

"I love you, Hana-ah! I love you very much!"

 

What Hana didn't know is that out of the 12 red roses, 11 are fresh while 1 is artificial.

 

"You know I never loved anybody else in my life, Bang. I only loved you. You're all I have."

 

Bang couldn't hold back his tears anymore. He started crying. He hugged her.

 

"Hana-ah... I have something to give you..."

 

He pulled out the box from his pocket... It revealed a ring.

"Hana-ah. My only dream is to marry you. I won't let anything come between us, even..... even... death."

 

Hana started crying too... Bang slid the ring onto her finger... and kissed her on the lips...

 

"I love you, Hana-ah!"

"All I ever wanted in my life is to marry someone like you. I can't believe this day has already come. I love you very much, Bang! Saranghae!"

 

She held his hand with her two hands, then put it on her heart.

 

"I'm fine now. My life is now complete. I am vey happy." Hana said.

 

She closed her eyes...

Bang couldn't feel her heartbeat anymore. He started crying again. Tears rolled down his face. He can't stop them anymore.

 

He held her hand.

"I love you, Hana-ah! I will love you forever! You're the only girl I loved and will love forever!"

 

Mrs. Jo approached him.

 

"Hana has never loved anyone else. She only loved you. If she didn't have you in her life, she wouldn't be able to live this long. Thank you, Bang, for being her inspiration. Thank you for loving her." Mrs. Jo said with tears in her eyes.

 

"If I only have the line to heaven, I'll call Hana there..." Bang told Mrs. Jo while looking at Hana.

 

-the END