Part 4: (Himchan) My Bestfriend's Girlfriend

B.A.P. Moments( Best. Absolute. Perfect Moments)

 

          “Yong Guk-ah! You’re really crazy! You wanna break up with me? Huh? Then go! I don’t need you! Not anymore! I was foolish to be your girlfriend in the first place! You want to break up? Then break up!”

 

She’s drunk…she doesn’t even know what she’s talking about.

 

I can’t control myself anymore. I went to her table.

 

“Hana-ah! You’re too drunk!”

 

“Huh? Who are you? Ahhh… Himchan-ah! Why are you here? Did your best friend tell you to go follow me? He’s really…”

 

“No. He didn’t tell me to follow you. It was my own decision. I want to make sure you’ll be safe. And now you’re too drunk. Let’s go home.”

 

“I don’t want to go home yet… Himchan-ah. Let’s talk first. Please.”

 

She held my hand tight, and tried to hold back her tears.

 

       We talked and drank a lot. After their break up, she went here immediately. She had nowhere to go…

And I won’t let anything happen to her because of my stupid best friend. But… wny am I like this? Why am I so much concerned? Why do I care for her so much?

 

Its… because… I love her… of course. I’m in love with my best friend’s girlfriend.

 

“Himchan-ah, I… did everything… everything just to save our relationship. I understood him… I accepted him… I loved him so much that I already forgot how to love myself. I gave my everything to him, yet he doesn’t seem to know that. He doesn’t even seem to care. Now tell me, Himchan-ah, would you blame me if I only have my limitations? You’re his best friend, right? Then you must know…”She asked me, with a serious look in her face. She looked at me straight in the eye. I can’t focus. She’s just too beautiful, even when drunk.

 

“You’ve been through a lot, Hana-ah. You sacrificed a lot for your love for him. But no relationship is perfect. You fight. You have misunderstandings, and those little fights and misunderstandings eventually led to your break up.”I said.

 

“I was paboh in the first place. I was foolish. I was crazy. I was dumb. I was a total idiot, Himchan-ah. I was paboh because I loved him. I am paboh! Paboh! PABOH!”She said loud enough just for me to hear. She’s crying now. Tears started rolling down her ees. I… hate it when I see her cry.

 

 

The truth is… I loved her even before Yong Guk met her. I fell in love with her since the day I laid my eyes on her. And when my best friend met her, I was happy because I had a chance to meet her too… and hopefully, be close to her. The three of us became best friends. Then one day, Yong Guk decided to court her. My world fell apart. My best friend is.. in love with… my first love?!

But I was unable to do anything about it. She loved him too, and I was there the day she said yes to him. It felt like a blade was being pierced through my chest, but I can’t do anything, they love each other… But I still stayed in love with her…

 

Until this day, when they broke up… and here she is in front of me. I have seen her in her best but so far… this is her worst. She’s calling herself a paboh, what can I do for her?

 

 

I wiped the tears in her eyes and held her face with my two hands. I kissed her… then hugged her tight.

 

“Hana-ah, you were in love. You decided to love him and you don’t have to blame yourself for everything that happened. It wasn’t wrong to love him… but now, that love is over.

I don’t want you to think that I’m taking advantage of you, but please, Hana-ah, please. Please, give me a chance.”

 

She broke the hug, then looked at me… she smiled.

 

 

“If you really know me well enough, then you must know where I would want to go tonight, right?” She asked me.

 

“Of course! Let’s go?”

 

 

We went to the park. She climbed up the tower. It’s pretty high too, around 10 stories high. I followed her there. When we reached the top, she stood up with her two hands outstretched. I stood next to her.

 

 

“SEOUL!!! I AM HANA! JO HA-NA! I JUST BROKE UP WITH MY BOYFRIEND TODAY! HIS NAME IS YONG GUK!...

BUT DO YOU KNOW WHO AM I WITH TONIGHT??? DO YOU KNOW WHO IS HE?”

She shouted out loud while holding my hand.

 

“HE’S HIMCHAN! KIM HIM-CHAN! MY EX-BOYFRIEND’S BEST FRIEND! HE’S KIND, HANDSOME AND INTELLIGENT! HE’S FAR BETTER THAN MY EX!!! DO YOU KNOW HIM? I LIKE HIM…..

NO! I LOVE HIM! I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH!!!”

 

“Hana-ah, let’s…”

 

 

She went down a step.

 

“Himchan-ah. I’m drunk. But I know what I’m talking about. I just said the truth. I just said I love you. Thank you for being there for me always. thanks for taking care of me.”

 

I kissed her forehead and hugged her. This is the best night ever!

 

-the END