Part 3: (Daehyun) The Number 1 Fan

B.A.P. Moments( Best. Absolute. Perfect Moments)

     Since I entered this school, I've never seen anyone better than him. He has always been the school heartthrob, and if you see him, I'm sure you never need to wonder why. He's ultimately handsome, and his smile captivated my heart...but wait! He has more than just good looks, he's the school's number 1 athlete, he has played football for the school since he entered. Oh! And did I already mention that he plays musical instruments well, too? He has joined and won a lot of competitions already. He's also sociable and friendly, they say. I never tried to make a move towards him, because he's encircled with super good-looking, intelligent and talented friends. I never thought of trying to become one of them.

 

But... I've always made him my inspiration. Since I knew him, I've always tried to become my best. I worked hard to be on the top of the class, and I am part of the School Chorale too. I may say that Daehyun really changed me a lot. He brought out the best in me. Oh! I forgot! Yes, you got it right! His name is Daehyun. Aaahhh... this crazy feeling. It always makes me feel uneasy....

 

"Hana-ah! Daydreaming again?" It's Ji Eun, my friend.

 

"Your daydreaming is getting more and more often lately, Hana-ah, must be thinking of Daehyun-sunbae too much, yea?" Min Ah butted it.

 

"Will you just stop teasing me?" I said, slightly irritated.

 

"All right. All right. Let's just finish this before the next class starts." Ji Eun told us referring to the food.

 

"Better than daydreaming during lunchtime!" Min Ah said obviously trying to tease me again.

But her comment just made us all laugh.

 

~After class~

"Miss Jo Hana? Please stay for a while please? I have something important to tell you." Mrs. Kim, our homeroom teacher, told me.

 

"What is it, Mrs. Kim?"

 

"You know too well that I am the drama club adviser, right, Ms. Jo?"

 

"Yes, Ma'am."

 

"And you know that the school play is fast approaching, yes?"

 

"Yes, Ma'am."

 

"I want you to play the lead role."

 

"Ma'am?"

 

"I won't accept any other answer, only yes, my dear. This is a good opportunity for you, it would be a theatre play, you'll get to sing, dance and act. It's the perfect time to show them what you got. Go for it!"

 

"Yes, Ma'am."

 

Honestly, I don't know if I can do it, but Mrs. Kim believes so much in me, and I don't want to disappoint her. So, I really had to accept the lead role.

 

Before I leave the room, Mrs. Kim called my attention again. She told me to stay a little longer because the characters and the other participants of the play will have a short meeting.

 

I was introduced to the other cast members, and we were handed the script for review. She told us to memorize our lines because tomorrow, we'll practice everything, the blockings and the lines. But we don't have to memorize all the lines, of course. maybe the first scenes only...

 

Wait... Am I missing something? Where's the prince? I mean, he's not here. I don't know who is he yet. But Mrs. Kim assured us that he'll be here tomorrow and that he had an appointment somewhere else that's why he wasn't here today. After some reminders, Mrs. Kim sent us home. My friends were already waiting for me outside. I told them about the play.

 

"So... Who do you think will play the role of the prince?" Ji Eun asked.

 

"Do you think he's handsome?" Min Ah added.

 

"Are you crazy, Min Ah? Of course he must be handsome! He's the PRINCE CHARMING, DUH?" Ji Eun told Min Ah as if stating a fact.

 

"I know, Ji Eun-ah. What I mean is HOW handsome?" Min Ah said.

 

"Of course, handsome enough to fit this pretty Snow White, right, Hana-ah?" Ji Eun said directing the last question to me.

 

"Of course, he has to be!" I said raising an eyebrow.

 

...kekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke....

 

~the next day~

     After class, we headed towards the rehearsals for the play. My friends and I had to part because both of them joined the Dance Club. That means all three of us will be busy this following weeks. 

     I entered the room. I saw some cast members in the room already, and Mrs. Kim is on another part of the room... talking with... with... with... wait! wait! wait, is that... Daehyun-sunbaenim?!! I rubbed my eyes and pinched my arm just to make sure I'm not daydreaming but what the ....??? He's real! He's really there! But what is he doing here? Is he here to help in the musicality of the play? I really think so... I just hope he'll stay longer... kekeke...

 

Mrs. Kim looked around the room... and when she saw me, she motioned for me to go to her... wat... go to her??? While Daehyun-sunbae's there? I swear if  I come any closer to him, my heart will explode. But I had no choice. I had to go there.

 

"Ms. Jo, I want you to meet Mr. Jung Daehyun, he will play the role of the prince charming in the play. I hope you two would be able to work good together in the following days." Mrs. Kim told us, but it seems that the message is only for me.

 

"Yes, Ma'am."

 

......

 

My eyes suddemly widened. My heart leaped out of my chest.

"What? Ma'am? Pardon? Prince Charming? Jung Daehyun-sunbaenim?"

 

"What seems to be the problem, ms. Jo? Don't you want him to be your partner?" Mrs. Kim asked worriedly.

 

"No, Ma'am! I want it! I mean... there's no problem. Everything's fine!" I answered.

 

"Good! If that's the case, then we must start now." She said.

"Everyone... Prepare for Scene 1! Scene 1, everyone!" Mrs. Kim announced.

 

I stayed on my place, still dumbfounded.

 

"Ms. Jo Hana?"

 

Did I hear an angel calling out my name?

 

"Ms. Jo Hana? The play is about to start."

 

I realized it was Daehyun-sunbae who was calling me.

"Uhmmm... yes! Yes! We must go now, right? I'm sorry, Jung Daehyun-sunbaenim." I answered... slightly embarrassed.

 

"No, it's fine. And please... call me Daehyun-oppa. Too much of formalities." His winning smile took over me again. I almost stumbled. when I gained my composure...

 

"Then you must call me Hana... just Hana... right?" I asked, trying to smile.

 

Is it me... or did he turn away when I smiled at him? Must have been my imagination again...

 

"Shall we go then?" He held out his hand.

I took it, and we went to the stage together, shall I say, holding hands? Grr...,, Hana-ah.. stop putting malice into it! It means nothing... nothing at all...

 

I memorized my lines for the first 5 scenes, that's why it was just easy for me to practice... until... a thought striked through my mind...

 

Our play is Snow White... So, there must be a kissing scene, right? Kissing scene,,, kissing scene, my gosh! Daehyun and me, kissing? I searched for that scene in the script, and I was right! There's indeed a kissing scene. What am I gonna do? I'm dead.

 

...

"All right! Everyone! Last scene! Put the bed on the stage now! Snow White, ready! Prince, ready! In 3, 2, 1, action!" Mrs. Kim's voice echoed inside the room. everyone fell silent. It seems that everyone is anticipating this scene. I must not fail. I must not disappoint them.

 

I relaxed... tried to relax, rather. I heard his footsteps approaching me. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5... I felt him on the bed. he sang, with a voice so sweet like a lullaby. I want time to stop now...

Then... I feel his face approaching mine... 3 seconds... then he kissed me...

My feeling? I don't know... I just don't know. Maybe it's the same feeling people feel when they enter heaven.

 

"And Cut! Cut! Stop! Stop! Mr. Jung! Mr. Jung, Attention please! Mr. Jung, you have to improve your facial expressions, and emotions. When you kiss, it's not just as simple as that. Feel it! I don't want to be doing this again...so... just do better next time. Everybody pack up now. Let's go home. See you tomorrow! Goodbye!" Mrs. Kim announced.

 

I looked at Daehyun, who is just inches from me. He looks... sad? upset? He noticed me looking at him.

 

"I'm so sorry, Hana-ah! I'm so lacking." He said wearily.

 

At that moment, all I wanted to do is to hug him, and tell him everything's fine. He did an amazing job. But I know he won't buy that.

 

"Daehyun-oppa, it's fine. It's not that you're lacking. Look, I'm here lying on this bed, doing absolutely nothing, while you, you did all the efforts. I must say I'm really impressed with what you've done, and we can still do better in the days to come. We can improve. Jus trust yourself, ok?" I poured my heart out. All I wanted is to see his sweet smile again.

 

He didn't disappoint me. He gave me his winning smile again.

"Yes! I'll try! I'll do better! We'll do better! Thanks, Hana-ah!"

 

"It's nothing! you're welcome!... Shall we go now?" I asked trying to get off the bed.

 

"Need help?" He offered his hand.

 

"Pretty high!" I said while taking his hand.

"Uhmmm... I think I have to go now. My friends are waiting for me." I told him.

 

"Yes. Goodbye! See you tomorrow!" He smiled.

 

I smiled back.

"Goodbye, oppa! Take care!"

 

We separated ways.

 

~ The following week, both Daehyun and I improved in our acting. he's really determined to become the best Prince Charming, nd I tried to become the best Snow White too, his Number 1 Fan! ~

 

     Days past swiftly. Finally, it's D-day!

We had so much fun while performing. Daehyun, too, seemed so relaxed, inspired and happy.

 

"So, Snow White, are you ready for the last scene?" He asked me.

 

"Of course, I am! Do good, my Prince Charming!" I smiled.

 

He smiled back.

 

The scene went on smoothly. he kissed me.... I don't want to say that I got used to it already, although we practiced it a lot. But of course it still makes me happy, and my heart jumps out of joy.

 

     Curtains closed. I can hear the people applauding. Daehyun smiled at me.

 

"Job well done, Hana-ah!" He said, then pulled me into another kiss. This time amore sincere and meaningful one. He broke it and looked at me.

 

"Hana-ah, I love you! Will you be my girlfriend?"

 

I stayed still, tongue-tied, staring at him, not believing what he just said.

 

"Everyone! Prepare for the last song number, please! Last song number, then final bow! Everybody up!" Someone called our attention.

 

I got up. Then went to the stage again. We sang the final song. I was standing right beside him. It was awkward, but I decided to...

 

"Daehyun-oppa!" I whispered to his ear.

 

 He looked at me.

 

"I haven't answered you yet."

 

He seemed to puzzled. But suddenyl, our formation changed.

 

"Yes, oppa! I want to be your girlfriend!" I said smiling.

 

He was startled

Then he smiled, and hugged me.

"Thank you! Thank you, Hana-ah! I love you!"

 

The two of us went to the front then bowed with the rest of the cast.

 

-the END-