Part 5: (Jongup) Motorcycle Ride

B.A.P. Moments( Best. Absolute. Perfect Moments)

 

        It’s getting late. I’m still out. Mi mom’s going to scold me if I’m with anybody else, but she trusts Jongup vey much, that’s why it’d be just fine even if we stay out a little longer. I’ve been out with him today… all day, from sun up till sun down. Even if I’m with him almost all the time, I still enjoy his company. I hope he enjoys mine, too.

 

We’re out here in the streets. He loves to eat, and to try everything. He goes to every food stall, and checks out the food in there. But I’m already full. I just let him do what he wants and I just enjoy the view. I love to see the beautiful lights of the city and the district. I love to see the lights across the Han River. Every night, I feel so happy just seeing these lights….

 

“Want some?” He asked me, holding a dukpokki.

 

"No. Just enjoy your food.” I replied.

 

“All right. You’re getting fat anyway.” He said smiling.

 

“What?!?!?!!”

 

“I’m kidding of course.” He said then laughed out loud.

 

……………………………………

 

“Jongup-ah, I think we must go home now. It’s getting late.”

 

“All right. Let’s go!”

 

We went towards where his motorcycle was parked.

 

“Jongup-ah, can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Waeyo? What is it?”

 

“Can we go around the streets again, for one last time?... I just want to see the beautiful lights again… before we go home.”

 

“Uhmmm…”

 

“Please. Please! Please, Jongup-ah. Please!”

 

“Ok. Ok. Wear your helmet and hold on tight.” He said.

 

“Yay! I’m on it!”

 

 

The wind was cold. He drove the motorcycle too fast.

 

“Feeling cold? Hold on tight!”

 

I hugged him tight. I still enjoyed the city lights even if the wind is cold tonight. At least I know I’m safe with Jongup.

 

 

“Hana-ah…???”

 

“…………………………….”

 

“Do you know that… that… that I… like you… vey much? Since we’re young, we’ve been best friends. Now, we’ve grown older, but still, we’re best friends. But do you know how much I like you?.... You don’t know… because you treated me as your friend… as a friend… only…”

.............................................

“Jongup-ah…”

 

He was startled.

 

“Hana-ah? I thought you were… you were…”

 

“Asleep? Of course not!”

 

“You heard…?”

 

“Jongup-ah, I heard everything that you said. You know what? I’ve never been comfortable with anyone else in my life than every time I am with you. My family trusts you. I trust you. I can go anywhere with you without even worrying. I know you can take care of me and I know you’ll always be here beside me. Do you think I can still entrust my heart with anybody else?”

 

“Hana-ah…”

 

“We’re home!” I told him.

 

“Oh! Sorry!” He said.

 

“It’s fine.” I said while removing my helmet and getting off the motorcycle.

 

“Thank you for the ride.” I said smiling.

 

“No problem.” He said.

 

 

I took 3 steps away from him… But walked back…

 

“Waeyo?” He asked.

 

        I kissed him… on the lips. I didn’t know what was going on. I feel dizzy. But I feel; like I did the right thing.

 

He was shocked. I can’t even look at him. It was totally embarrassing to kiss a guy like that.

 

………………………………

 

“Hana-ah! Is that you, my dear?” My mom called out.

 

        I panicked and ran towards our gate and he ran towards his motorcycle. He looked back at me and waved goodbye. I waved too and mouthed ‘good night’.

 

-the END