WHITE LILAC

LOVE VIRUS

 

The next day during breakfast, Chaerin apologized to Eun Mi as she completely forgot about her. Chaerin hugged her and said "I am very sorry! I didn't know you were not feeling well. By the time I came back you were already asleep. I am so sorry.Here,I made you a hot chocolate to make it up."
"Yeah she looked so worried last night and forced me to drive faster home after Sehun texted Joonmyun,who then texted her,saying that you were sick. I hope you're well now though" Chanyeol said while he grabbed a piece of toast and ate it.
"It's fine. Look,I'm already feeling better." Eun Mi said. She was the type of person who does not want to worry anyone, so she lied a little the previous day when Chaerin asked whether she was sick or not.
"Okay then if you feel better. I'm going to go to school, do you want to come along?" Chaerin said as she grabbed her leopard printed tote bag and her ipad. "No it's okay. I can walk because I want to enjoy the view from the Hanriver..." Eun Mi said. She never wanted to go to school with Chaerin because she does not want to disturb Chaerin's time with Chanyeol. Chanyeol always drove Chaerin to school. "Okay then. Just make sure you tell me when you're going home because I'll walk you home. See you around school." Chaerin said and left the house with Chanyeol. Eun Mi was left with Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Jongin and Joonmyun at the dinner table. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Joonmyun then left for college leaving the high-school seniors together. They were all very awkward together. Eun Mi stopped talking to Jongin after they broke up. Jongin always tried talking to her wanting to beg for forgiveness but she refused. Eun Mi was scared she would feel for Jongin again because deep inside her heart, she was still hurt. Now, Eun Mi cannot understand her own feelings. She was torn between Jongin and Sehun. Eun Mi now paid attention to every little thing Sehun does. She realized how cute Sehun’s reactions were when he gets nervous. She smiled everytime she saw Sehun pouted. Every time Eun Mi saw right into Sehun's eyes her heart would beat very rapidly. “Something is not right…” She thought to herself. They all ate in silence until Jongin stood up and left the house without saying anything. Sehun broke the silence and asked "Do you have anything to do afterschool today?"
"Today? Ah, I don't think so..." Eun Mi answered while keeping her head down, avoiding Sehun’s gaze.

"Umm, want to go grocery shopping with me? Kyungsoo wants me to get him some things because we're having pasta tonight..."

She could feel butterflies in her stomach, but tried acting cool and just nodded in approval. Sehun looked at his watch and said, "Oh no! We're late for school! Let's go!" He stood up, packed his bag and started running for the door. Eun Mi went to put her shoes and accidentally tripped on her shoelaces. She bumped unto Sehun's bag which caused him to look back. "You fall a lot..." He said and smiled to Eun Mi. Eun Mi laughed and they both ran to school together. She never thought she would have this much fun with someone whom she thought was quite a stranger several days ago.

"What? You're going home with Sehun? Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Chaerin said in bewilderment when Eun Mi told her she was going to go home with Sehun.

"Yeah, you don't have to. I know you wanted to go and meet up with Chanyeol anyways." Eun Mi replied as she ate her butter roll.

"Well, yes sort of. You understand me so well! No wonder we're best friends!" Chaerin giggled and gave Eun Mi a hug.

Jongin overheard the girls' conversation and was shocked at how aggressive Sehun is. "I can't let him take Eun Mi away from me" He thought to himself. "Stupid me! We're not even friends anymore. Why am I still thinking about her?" Jongin then placed his head on the table and went to sleep. Suddenly someone tapped him lightly on his shoulder.
"Hey! School is over! Don't you want to go home?" Chaerin said.

"Whatever..." Jongin said and took his black backpack from the floor.

"Let's go home together since Chanyeol can't pick me up and I don't want to walk home alone." Chaerin said and dragged Jongin out of the classroom.

They both walked together until they met Sehun and Eun Mi laughing as they walk out from a photobox. Jongin tensed and clinched his hand in a fist. His body started shaking from anger. Chaerin knew something bad was coming and grabbed Jongin's hand. "Don't do anything stupid." Chaerin said and gave Jongin a cold look. Jongin stared at Chaerin and pulled his hand away from her grip. He started walking towards Eun Mi and Sehun. Before Eun Mi realized what was happening, Sehun were already on the street with blood streaming down his left cheek. He accidentally knocked his cheekbones on the pavement when he fell. Eun Mi dropped the picture she just took with Sehun and quickly looked for her handkerchief. She wiped Sehun's face with haste and started to panic.

"What were you thinking?" Eun Mi shouted at Jongin as tears started to brim her eyes.

"What was I thinking? I was thinking about you! About us!" He answered with a ferocious intonation and left the two of them.

Chaerin ran to Sehun and Eun Mi and told them that Chanyeol is going to pick them all up. "Are you okay?" Eun Mi said to Sehun and kept on crying. "I'm sorry, so sorry" she said repeatedly while holding on to his left cheek. "Don't cry..." Sehun whispered and fell unconscious.