SNOWDROP

LOVE VIRUS

 

One day Eun Mi left her room about to leave for school. She has been feeling unwell since the previous day, but forced herself to go to school for her economics exam. Eun Mi staggered downstairs, trying to keep her balance. As she reached the last step, she slipped and could not get a hold of herself. Eun Mi knew she was falling, but her arms were too weak to grab the railings. She waited for the time gravity would let her collapse, but it never happened. Suddenly her body felt as light as feather. "Someone is picking me up" she thought to herself with her eyes closed. Eun Mi was too sick and tired to recognize the person picking her upstairs, back to her room. After the person picking her up placed her on her bed, she said weakly "Thanks…"

"No problem. I'll be back with some medicine. Get some rest." The voice said.

Eun Mi recognized this voice. It was not Jongin's voice, nor Kyungsoo's, nor any other of the boys' in the house. She tried thinking hard and finally realized that it was Sehun's voice. He never spoke much except to Joonmyun. Eun Mi did not know how to react as they barely talk so she thought she would just say thanks and go back to sleep as fast as possible. Sehun came back to Eun Mi's room with the medicine and the glass of water he promised. "Here, I brought you a drink." He said. Eun Mi tried to pull herself up and grabbed the drink from Sehun. "Thanks" she murmured. Sehun looked at Eun Mi lying helplessly in bed. "How I wish I can bear the sickness for her..." He thought to himself. Sehun tried to start a conversation with Eun Mi, asking her about her family in China. They both talked for a while. Eun Mi was surprised at how talkative Sehun really was. She regretted the timeswhenshe thought she would never hold a conversation with Sehun longer than 7 minutes. "I should have talked to him more in the past... Oh well, it's better late than never." Eun Mi thought and carried her conversation with Sehun again. They had a great time together, regardless the fact that Eun Mi was sick, and without them realizing, both of them skipped school. Sehun's presence made Eun Mi feel better.

 

Sehun could not contain his curiosity anymore. He was too curious about Eun Mi's past relationship with Jongin. He finally gathered his courage and asked,

"Can I ask you a question?" Sehun said.

"Yes, why not, you've been asking me questions all these times anyways," Eun Mi said and gave a weak smile.


"Umm, you might think I sound creepy but, I just want to know why you and Jongin broke up..." Sehun said quietly, making sure that his words would not offend her.
"Oh that..." Eun Mi paused and sighed.
"It's okay if you do not want to answer my question... I was just..."
"No no, it’s completely fine" Eun Mi said cutting Sehun off. "We broke up because we just don’t belong. I think he wasn't in love with me. He just loved the idea of love, if that makes sense. " Eun Mi finished and then looked at her fingers in silence.
Sehun was taken aback. He never talked to Eun Mi this much and personally. Sehun's head roam through words he could say to make Eun Mi feel better, but he was completely speechless. He did not know that she lived with such a big burden in the past months. Sehun just nodded, and finally said "Hey Eun Mi, umm, when you get better we should umm, hang out more. I'll see you later. Don't forget to drink a lot." He said and left the room before making a final glance towards Eun Mi.

Later that night, Eun Mi was still sick in her room. She needed more drink but none of her house-mates were home yet and no one knew she was sick other than Sehun.  Chaerin and Jongin left early for school that morning. Chaerin would eventually look for her later, but she was still working part time at a high-end clothing store. Jongin went to meet up with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun for dinner. Joonmyun was busy with his debate team and Chanyeol went to pick Chaerin up from her work immediately after his classes in college were over. No one was home yet. Little did Eun Mi know that Sehun skipped school to stay with her. He was just away to grab a towel to wipe her face. Sehun entered Eun Mi's room and was surprised to see her up. "Oh, hey. Umm, are you feeling better?"
"Sehun-ah... You stayed home all these time? How about the economics test we're supposed to have today?" Eun Mi said, feeling guilty.
"Ahhh, that... Yeah… I'll figure it out somehow. But, are you feeling better?" Sehun asked again.
"Yes I am. Thank you for taking care of me. I really don't know how I can ever repay you..." Eun Mi said shyly. "Haha, you do not have to... Or maybe just... Umm I don't know how to say this but… I told you we should hang out more right? Then, when you get better, let's go somewhere together.." Sehun said as he scratched the back of his head, looking a little bit nervous. Eun Mi blushed. She could not believe Sehun wanted to go on a date with her. She just nodded and looked down, trying to hide her face. Eun Mi then said to Sehun that she wanted to go back to sleep, which was a lie because she just wanted him to leave the room. Her heart was beating hard and she does not want him to hear that. It has been a while since she felt like this. Could it be that Sehun had moved her heart?