4th Hit

Mistake

 

                “One of the leaders of the famous group EXO, Kris Wu, now goes out the theater. This perfect-looking-guy just ended watching his 3rd movie after debuting as a singer 2 years ago―”

                “Watching TV is OVER. Get ready to sleep, Mimi.” Chanyeol commanded to his daughter as he turned the TV off. The kid nodded and ran to their room. “I’m gonna fix things here first before I can follow you there.”

                Chanyeol picked up some of his kid's toys and place it in the toy rack. While he was doing that, his younger brother who was wearing Lilo and Stitch pajama went out from his room. Our Timmy really looked like the youngest member of Shinee.

                “Hey Noona, Kris is on TV.” The 15-year old said to him while stretching his arms upward.

                “Who?” The older raised his eyebrow now busy wiping the coffee table.

                “Isn’t he the one who always visited our house in your training days and he is Mimi’s…”

                “SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!” Chanyeol seemed to get alarm of what he was about to say. “Timmy, please!” He whispered.

             “I’m sorry. I guess... we’ll talk about it tomorrow or some other time.” The younger boy just turned left and proceeded to the kitchen. Chanyeol sighed and sat in the couch for a short while. He stared up the ceiling and his memories was flashing back again.

 

                “Honey!” It was my wife calling from the living room that warm afternoon of autumn. I was reading a newspaper, sitting on the couch at the veranda when she called. I just ignored her. It was my off that weekend and I was lazy to move, so I was just letting her to find me.

                I SAID HONEY!” She said in a deep-loud-voice as she appeared in front of me along with a black aura surrounded her. I almost jumped in shock but only gulped to her.

                “What?” I asked while my voice was cracking. Like a mad man, she was glaring at me, huffing at the same time.

                “A person from SMent was looking for Chanyeol.” The sky was now cleared as she calmly informed. I sat back again to my position and returned my view to the newspaper I was reading.

                “Did you tell them he was about to go there?”

                “Yes, but what surprised me is that our daughter was not attending her trainings for the past week. That's what he informed me.”

                “Huh, what’s wrong? I thought he's now fine after the incident that happened about months ago.” I stood up from my seat after being surprised on my daughter’s act.

             “That’s what I thought as well. Leeteuk-ah, could you please be absent tomorrow to your work and observe your child instead? We should know about her whereabouts.” My wife pleaded, she held my hand and squeezed it. She looked so eager to what she asked. I nodded at her since I was also worried to what was going on to my child. I would also do anything just to know more about this issue.

 

                The next morning, I pretended that I was going to work. When Chanyeol and Timmy went off to school, I started the observation. The child still seemed dedicated to his study because he went straight to his school. I just parked my car in front of their school until the time was over. Chanyeol waived to his friends before going home. I started the engine of my car and followed him. I drove my car slowly, thankful that my car had a black windshield so he would not notice. He would also not recognize my car because I newly bought it.

                That black-hair-kid did not go home yet, he killed time inside the mall and did some window shopping. He stopped for a while in every store he walked by, staring at the products they were selling. He checked the men’s clothing (his usual thing), women’s (his real thing), tech gadgets (ok), home wares (?), hardware (??) and baby stuff (?!?). Why would he even visit the infant section? Did he know that I was watching him that he was randomly stopping by to those stores?

               He seemed getting tired of walking around the mall and finally decided going home. I felt relieved he was not doing something unusual (though going to random store was weird). I also went home pretended I was tired from work.

 

                The next morning the kids went off earlier to school. In which, I took this chance to report what I had observed to my wife while they were not around.

                “Heenim-yeobo, Chanyeol is just doing fine. Maybe he's not attending his trainings because he wants to spend his youth just like the other normal kids. If he decided not to continue, well, I will still support him to whatever he wants.” My wife, while her chin was resting on her palm on the dining table, glared at me. I wonder why she gave me that reaction. She released a deep breath and stood up, going near me.

                “I don’t know if that was her reason for that.” Heechul took something out from the pocket of her pink apron and placed in front of me. My eyes widened and looked at her.

 

                That afternoon, Chanyeol and Timmy walked home together. They did their usual thing which was Timmy would jump to the couch in the living room and turned the TV on; on the other hand, Chanyeol would slowly take off his jacket while going upstairs to his room. Before our older child did that, we, couple, stopped him by calling his name.

                A cold atmosphere automatically spread in our house. Our younger child could sense there was something wrong. He sat up from the couch and turned off the TV.

                “Chanyeol, can we talk to you in the kitchen?” My wife said in a calm tone but had a stern look in her eyes. Timmy stood up from his seat; could feel his sister and his parents would talk about something serious. He wanted to escape but... “Timmy, join us too.”

 

                At the kitchen, my wife’s both hands held younger child's. She was looking at him straightly while all four of us were sitting in the table. Our boy was just innocently looking at his mother.

               “Babe, you’re almost near to our age when your father and I started creating our family. That’s why we also brought you here to understand that.” She explained calmly.

                “Aish!” The black hair boy irritatingly shook his hands off from his mother’s hold. “Mom, what do you think of me as stupid as you to play house and do it real? GROSS!”

                Heechul almost stood up from her chair and grip our son's neck. I was thankful I saved my child on time by holding both of my wife’s arms.

                “Let me go!” She yelled.

                “Ahem!” To remove the ruckus, Chanyeol got our attention. When our eyes pointed at him, he blushed and became shy. “Umm, what are we going to talk about?”

                “Yeobo, tell her.” Heechul sighing, sat back again, crossing her legs to relax.

                “Why me?” I asked.

              “Aish!” My wife’s voice got manlier again as she usually did. I nodded on her like his loyal dog and stared at our daughter.

                “Chanyeol, I want you to tell us the truth.” My introduction, his eyes were just focus on me. “Your agency called us the other day. They informed us that you were not attending your training anymore. Is there any particular reason?”

                His doe eyes were widely opened while shaking his head.

                “Really? Is this not the reason?” Heechul threw a white object like a Frisbee on the dining table. Chanyeol did not look at it. And, he started to shiver. “I found this on your room yesterday when I was cleaning. Why would you have a pregnancy test? Tell us, Park Chanyeol.”

                Chanyeol did not move at all. His head was bent down, looking at the floor.

                “Please tell us.” Heechul sighed deeply. She was about to erupt again so I made a way to stop that.

                “Who is this girl, is she your classmate?”

                BOOM!

                Stars surrounded me while I’m feeling dizzy. Heechul could not take my nonsense talk and hit me by one of the pans in the kitchen.

                “BABO! Our child was not a boy to start with!” She yelled.

                I am pregnant.” Chanyeol said frankly all of sudden. Everyone became silent and shocked while his tears our coming out from his eyes. “Umma, Appa, Timmy, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.”

                “Oh my, the curse.” Heechul started to have tears as well, her hands were placed on her lips in her surprised.

                “STOP SAYING THAT DARN CURSE, HEECHUL!” My anger started to arouse and shouted to my wife. I was bothered by this since morning; and hearing the confirmation from my daughter’s mouth, I could not bear but to be upset by it as well.

                My eyes were dimming in black; I turned around to the counter to find something sharp. A knife appeared in front of me so I grabbed it. I turned back again, seeing my family’s faces in horror.

                “Who is this man, Chanyeol? I better kill him.”

                “Dad, NO!” He cried. Timmy and Heechul joined together to loosen my grip from the knife. My eyes were still burning in anger while shouting like a mad man. “He did not know anything about this. Please stop! It-it was an accident!”

                “Ok.” I tried to calmed down and put the sharp object on the table. “You know that your mother and I came from this situation before. Now, if you tell us the guy who put you into this, we were going to talk to him and let him be responsible for this thing you called accident.”

                “I can’t.” He sniffed, still looking at the floor. “Wu Yifan-Hyung was so good to me. He has a huge dream and I don’t want to destroy it.”

                “That guy?” Timmy asked hysterically.

                “HUGE DREAM? You have that drive too, haven’t you?” I asked.

                “I did and I know it. But Dad, mine is enough to be crashed please not his dream too.”

                “Chan―”

               Please, Dad. Please!” I still wanted to disagree with him but he was eager to stop me. I just cried about it, same thing my family did. If it was just like on the anime, our house might flood in tears right now. I never thought this stuff was hard to accept. Now, I could relate to what my parents feel when we told them what happened between me and Heechul.

 

                The next morning, our house was like a wrecked field after the battle. It was so quite as if corpse was living in there. My daughter was feeling not good again so we decided to let him stay in his room. I went to work and try to be normal. But in the afternoon, I just could not take it. I called Timmy and met up with him after his school hours. We went to the front of the SM building and requested my son to point out the guy that pulled my daughter to this problem. He seemed to know this guy and maybe Chanyeol was taking him in our house. Timmy did not want my idea but by just giving him a Doraemon figure, he agreed.

                After staying for few moments at the front of the building, trainees started to come out from there.

                “That’s him.” Timmy pointed to a tall man with black long hair. He was looking serious and snobby; as if you would not like to mess up with him.

                “Him?” I angrily asked. The feeling to kill somebody had spread to my body again. I came out of the car and ready to assault him. Even we had a huge gap in height; I still want to ask him to pay for his sin.

                “Dad, what are you doing?” My son worriedly asked but he stayed in the car.

                “YAH! WU YI FAN!” The tall man glanced to his left and right before he looked at me. “You think you’re cool? If you are, do not escape your responsibility as the father of my grandchild! You hear me? You―” Before I ended my speech, someone jumped to me from my left side. I fell down on the floor with that person. I shook my head to get my sight back and I didn’t realize a knife was already pointed to my neck.

                “I knew you’re going to do this, Park Jungsoo.” It was my wife who whispered in my ear, glaring at me again.

                “Yeobo?” I startled. She lifted me up and smiled at the tall man.

                “Please ignore him. He has a tendency of always attacking anyone he crosses with. Don't worry, his under medication.” My wife said cheerfully while hiding the knife she was holding at her back (but still pointing at me T_T). The tall man nodded and bowed on us before he walked away.

                “Wait, I’m not done yet!” I shouted. My wife locked her arms on my neck and pointed the knife again.

 

           “Yeobo, enough! Let’s just be strong for our child instead. So please, let’s go HOME.” Her words let me realized that my daughter was the one who was mostly hurt in this situation. I stopped from breaking free from my wife and surrendered. The three of us went home without turning back at the building.

 

 

~END~

 

Preview:

 
          Baby, wait for mommy. Don't talk to strangers, ok? Huh? My grandparents have plans for me? What is this guy saying? Ohh... PLEASE!!!