Troubele, Oh Trouble!

Me And My Gay Boss

 

 
Ella found herself in the middle of a red carpeted aisle. As she looked up, she saw the bride, the groom and the priest. “You may now kiss the bride.” The priest said. The groom turned around, and she was surprised to see that the groom is Jiro. He smiled at his bride before taking off the veil from his bride. She walked up to them to take a closer look at them. She watched as they shared a passionate kiss. As the bride turned to her, she threw up her bouquet of flowers at her, and Ella caught it with her two hands. She smiled as she looked at the flowers, then she looked up at the bride. “Thank yo-” 
 
Her happy expression changed into a shocked one. “You're welcome.” the bride said. The bride seems rather familiar to her. So familiar. Even that low baritone voice of hers. “Wait... why would a girl have that baritone voice?” she asked herself. As she looked up, she finally realized that the bride was none other that her boss, Danson Tang. 
 
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh”
 
Ella sat up from the bed. She looked around, and found herself at the hotel's infirmary. “What happened?” she asked herself. The last thing she remembered was talking to Danson at the hotel. The Danson Tang. Telling her. That. He. Is. Gay. “Oh my God...” she muttered under her breath. She massaged her head as she remembered what she just found out that night. It was giving her more than enough headache, and heartache of course. Just as she is falling helplessly in love with the demigod that is Danson, she found out that he is not a god, but rather, a goddess. 
 
“Finally, you're awake.” the nurse said. She looked confusedly at her. “What happened? Who... who brought me here?” she asked. “Mr. Tang saw you lying unconsciously on the hallway, so he brought you here.” the nurse said. She couldn't imagine that the Danson Tang she saw a while ago would have the strength to carry her all the way to the infirmary. For sure, this nurse's jaws have dropped when that happened. “Was he... is he... you know... clothed... when he carried me?” she asked. The nurse gave her dagger looks. “Of course, he is clothed. He is a descent man, you know.” the nurse snapped at her. She let out a sigh. She was thinking what happened right after she passed out. She was thinking how the two lovers reacted when she fainted. And her sister Kelly...
 
“Kelly!” she exclaimed. Of course, the real reason why she's here is to be with Kelly while she is confronting her cheating husband. She immediately stood up from the bed and gathered her things to find her elder sister. “Thank you for everything. I have to go. Bye!” she said. She rushed out of the infirmary to look for his sister.
 
The first thing she did was go up to the room where she left Kelly. 1203. Once she found it, she immediately banged the door. “Kelly! Kelly! Michael? Anyone?” she called. After a while, someone opened the door, and she was surprised to see Kelly, , with a sheet covering her body. “What?”  she asked in annoyed tone. This got her even more confused. “Kelly? Where's Michael? Where's his other woman? And why are you ?” she asked. “Can I just answer your questions next time? Michael and I are busy.” she said. “But... jie! Your husband cheated on you!” Ella said. Before Kelly could further explain, someone pulled Kelly away, and the door closed before her. Ella could only shake her head in confusion. “What a weird night. What a very weird night...” she thought.
 
--
 
“So, what do we do now?” Jiro as as Danson drove his car. “What do you mean?” Danson asked. “Your precious little lady found out about us...” he said, with a playful smile on his face. What his boyfriend did a while ago, telling off that girl that he is gay and that he is lover, somehow made him feel giddy. He was happy, and more secure than ever. “Aren't you scared that she would tell everyone about our little secret?” Jiro asked. “Scared.”
“So what do we do with her?”
“Kidnap her, and ship her to Somalia?”
 
Jiro let out a laugh at him. “Seriously, I have no idea yet... maybe I could talk to her...” Danson said. “Or maybe I could pay her to keep shut about us?” Jiro said. Danson looked at his boyfriend. “Baby, you don't have to do that. I'll talk to her first, all right?” he said. He reached for his hand, and squeezed it tight. “I'm just scared baby...” Jiro said in a low tone. “You know... dad is expecting a lot from me. If this got out... about us... I know he will never ever forgive me.” he added. Danson just nodded his head. “I understand, baby... I'm scared as well. Mom have no freaking idea that his first-born turns out to be a girl as well... and I know how scandalous things will be if everyone finds out that we're both gay, and that we have a relationship.” he said. He lifted his hand, and caressed Jiro's cheek. “So, don't worry, all right? I'll take care of these things. Don't worry...” he said. Jiro smiled at him, and held on to his hand. “Thank you, baby...” he said, kissing that palm of his hand. 
 
--
 
“Is the boss here yet?” Ella asked as she got inside the office. Angela looked at her, and shook her head. “No. Why?” she asked. Ella let out a sigh after hearing Angela's answer. After what happened the night before, she doesn't know how to face her boss. She felt embarrassed barging on at them just like that. And most of all, she doesn't know how to react in front of him now that she knew that he is gay. “If he looks for me, tell him I'm out.” she told Angela.
 
Angela could only give her a confused look. “But you're obviously here!” she said. Just then, Ella heard that Danson arrived. She immediately hid under her desk to avoid him. “Angela, is Ella already in?” she heard him ask. “Uhmm... she is... but she's went out for a while.” Angela said. “Tell her to come inside my office as soon as she arrives.” Danson said. As she heard the door of his office close, Ella came out from under her desk. “Ella Chen! Boss wants to see you!” Angela said. “I don't want to see him.”
“What is going on? Did you two had a lover's quarrel?”
“How can we have a lovers' quarrel if we're not even lovers in the first place.”
“Then why are you avoiding him?”
“It's a long story...”
 
Ella let out a sigh, and sat on her chair. “Just try to hide me from him today...” she said. “You know I can't do that. He is our boss. The next time he asks for you, I'll tell him you're around.” Angela said. “Fine, do that. Then I guess it would be better if I skip work today?” she told her. Angela's eyes widened at what she said. They can't afford to have Ella missing for today, because Sam is still on leave, and their deadline is near. Ella will have to finish the layout for the magazine. “You can't do that! We need you!” Angela exclaimed. Ella smiled at her as she folded her arms. “Then, live up to your name. Be an angel, and hide me from the boss, all right?” she said. Angela had no choice but to agree with her. 
 
--
 
Hours have passed, and he have not heard from Angela about Ella's whereabouts. He was constantly calling on his secretary to check on her, but his secretary is also obviously hiding Ella from him. “Why is she avoiding me? I should be the one that's avoiding her after what happened last night!” he thought. He crumpled a paper, and threw it at the door. “Why is she gone missing during this important time? Is she going to tell everyone what she found out about me and Jiro?” he thought. Sure, the boss is beginning to be paranoid, and he will be like that till he gets to talk to Ella. He let out another sigh, and stood up from his seat. He stared at the door for a long time. “Maybe if I come out of this office, I will be able to see Ella.” he thought. 
 
Meanwhile. Ella is busy giving instructions to the rest of the staffs while trying her best to hide from their boss. From time to time, she would look at his door, afraid that he would come out any time soon. “OK, that would be all. E-mail me your works.” she said. She let out a sigh as soon as he colleagues left. She walked back to her desk to check on some photos, that she didn't noticed that Danosn finally came out of his office, and spotted her by her desk. “Finally. Gotcha.” Danson thought as he saw Ella. He marched towards her desk, and while she is not looking, he held her hand. Ella looked up, and was shocked to see her boss holding her. “B-b-boss?” she asked. “You've been hiding from me the whole day. Now, it's time that we talk.” he said firmly. “T-talk? About what?” she asked. Danson didn't answer her. Instead, he dragged her out of the office. 
 
All eyes were on them as Danson dragged her out of the Glam office. Ella was struggling to get away from him, but he only proved to be much stronger than him. “Let go of me!” she shouted at him. Danson listened to her. He dragged her to the stairs, which eventually lead to the building's rooftop. As he closed the door behind him, and made sure that it's locked, he let Ella go. He turned to her. As he walked towards her, Ella could only step back. Finally, he was able to corner her by the wall, making sure that he won't escape him. He pinned her on the wall as he looked at her. Ella closed her eyes so not to be able to look at him. “Look at me, Ella.” he said. Ella slowly opened her eyes. There was no anger in his eyes, but rather, there was a hint of pleading. “D-danson?” she asked. “I know what you found last night is too much. I don't know why you are avoiding me today...” he said softly. “You said it yourself. What I found out last night is too much. And besides, it felt so... so awkward... I don't know how to face you... most of all I don't know how to react...”
 
She looked up at him again, and saw him staring at her. “Ella... can I ask you a favor?” he asked. Ella slowly nodded her head. “Can you keep this a secret? About me and Jiro... about us being gay? I would do anything you want, just please... don't let this thing out...” he pleaded. Ella turn to smile. “You can trust me with this secret, Danson.” she said. With that, Danson sighed with relief. “Thank you, Ella. I'm so glad that you will keep this a secret.” he said. “No problem.” she said. He let her go, and Ella stood up straight. “So, it means nobody knew you guys are gay, except for the two of you?” she asked. Danson shook his head. “We have some... discrete friends as well. Those guys also didn't want anyone to know that they are also gay.” he answered. Ella gave her a confused look. “But why? Come on... gays are already accepted in this society...”
“Jiro's dad is a very conservative man. And my mom was expecting me to be a real man. If anyone finds out that we are both gay, and I am Jiro's lover, Jiro's dad will disown him.”
“And as for your mom?”
“I don't want to let her down.”
 
Ella folded her arms, still looking confusedly at him. “So all those girls you dated...”
“They are all fall girls. I dated them to keep this dark secret.”
“But you dated them?”
“Yes.”
“And?”
“I dumped them before they could find out the truth. It wasn't a serious relationship, not the one that Jiro and I have.” 
Ella nodded her head in understanding. “Good thing Jiro isn't jealous of them...” she said. Danson smiled, and shook his head. “Actually, he is. And that's another reason why I dump those girls. And you know what, he is jealous of you as well.” he explained. Ella folded her arm, and had that eureka-look on her face. “Aha! So is that the reason why you were ignoring me?” he asked. Danson nodded his head. “Well, I guess I know now why... you got me thinking about it the whole day.” she said. Danson just smiled at her. “Ella, thank you for keeping this a secret... I'm counting on you on this one.” he said. Ella smiled back at him. “Don't worry, boss. Your secret is safe with me.” she said.
 
--
 
“I really think you should get to know Ella. She is a nice girl, Jiro. Aside from that, she agreed to keep our secret.” Danson said to Jiro. The two lovers were hanging out at the latter's pad. Jiro gave him a glare, and then shook his head. “What? Don't tell me you're still jealous of her?” Danson asked. “What if she will use that against us as blackmail?” Jiro asked skeptically. “Come on, baby... I know Ella is trustworthy. You have to believe me.” Danson said. “Are you sure this girl is trustworthy?” Jiro asked. Danson nodded his head. He walked towards him, and hugged him tight. “Baby... please? Do this for me? I know Ella is excited to meet my baby as well...” Danson said. “What are you two? BFFs?” Jiro asked. “I'm planning to make her one.” Danson said. 
 
Danson gave him puppy eyes, and Jiro had no other choice but to agree to him. “Fine... I'll meet her.” he said. Danson smiled at him, and hugged him even tighter. “Thank you, baby! You're the best!” he said. “But...” Jiro continued. He lifted up one finger, and looked sternly at him. “You have to bring him at our usual hangout, all right?” he said. Danson smiled, and nodded his head. “Aye, aye... captain!” he said. Then, he cupped his cheeks, and gave him a kiss on the lips. 
 
--
 
Danson escorted Ella down the underground bar, where he and Jiro (and their other discrete gay friends) hang out. “Nice place, huh? But why is this... you know... underground?” Ella asked as they walked down the spiral staircase. “You see, this place is owned by one of our gay friends. He opened this up so that all of us can be act the way we want to without the prying eyes of the media... and the society.” Danson explained. Ella made the last step, then paused to face Danson. “So, you're not the only gay guy in the high society?” she asked. Danson nodded his head. “Yeah... so whatever you see here, stays here, all right? I made a lot of effort to convince Eddie and Jiro to let you come here.” he said. Ella smiled at him, and nodded his head. “I'll behave, boss. I won't let you down.” she said. 
 
Danson lead her to the bar. He ordered drinks for them, while waiting for Jiro to come. “Danson, honey!” someone squealed. Both of them looked back, and saw the famous actor, Joe Cheng, walking up to them. “Xiao Zhong! I never thought you'll be here! I thought you're in Shanghai to shoot for a movie?” Danson asked. “Oh, screw them. I want to see my best buddies for tonight and enjoy.” Joe said in a gayish tone. Then, he noticed Ella sitting next to her. “Oh, my... Dannie... don't tell me you have a new fall girl? And this time, she knows that you are a ?” Joe asked. Danson shook his head. “No... no... this is Ella, the photographer from Glam...” he said. Then, he leaned over him to whisper something. “And she's like gonna be my new BFF.” he said. Joe looked at Ella, and smiled. “Tell me, dearie... are you straight, bi, or a dyke?” Joe asked. “Straight.” Ella said, smiling at him. Joe nodded his head. “I see. Well... be careful, dearie... you see Rainie Yang over there.” he said, pointing at a long haired girl looking at their way. “She had that look on your face, as if she wants to eat you up.” he said. Ella just laughed at him. “Don't worry, I'll protect her. And I know Jiro will too...” he said. “Fine. Anyway, I'll see you around, dearie.” Joe said. He gave Danson a kiss on the cheek before leaving the two. 
 
“I never thought he is... gay. I mean, there are rumors, but... he really is gay...” Ella said as she sip her drink. Danson gave her the quiet sign. “Remember what we discussed, all right? Nothing should come out” he said. Ella smiled, and nodded her head. Just then, Jiro came, and joined the two. “Baby!” Jiro called. Danson looked at him, and smiled at. “Glad that you finally came.” he said. The two shared a passionate kiss, which made Ella uncomfortable. 
 
“Oh, by the way... baby.... this is Ella.” Danson said, pointing at her. Jiro sat next to Danson, and waved at her. “I'm glad to finally meet you, Ella.” Jiro said. “Yeah, me too...”
“The last time we met is not that nice right? I bet you were shocked to find out that I am Danson's lover.”
“You have no idea how shocked I am.”
“So, I hope you have accepted it already.”
“I sure do. Don't worry. No need to be jealous of me.”
“I guess so.”
Jiro smiled at her, and nodded his head. “I like her, baby. She is nice, as you said.” Jiro said. “I told you, you'll like her.” Danson said. Jiro looked at Ella, and smiled. “Feel free to order more drinks, all right? My treat. And yeah, try to stay away form Rainie. I heard she's planning to take you home tonight. You're not into those things, right?” Jiro said. “Straight here. Don't worry.” Ella said. “Good.” Jiro said. 
 
The two had a chance to talk the whole night. Jiro was surprised that he also had a lot of things in common with Ella. Somehow, he finally opened up to him, and have accepted her as Danson's friend that is a girl. Anyway, Ella have explained to him that she doesn't really have a crush on him,and with Danson as gay, she sure isn't that interested in him. And she also promised to look after him, in case some girls or guys flirt with his boyfriend, which made Jiro more at ease. 
 
Ella mingled with the other people at the bar. Yes, she did meet Rainie, but she told her that she's not into those things. But the two became good friends in the end. She had a blast partying with Danson's friend. She was having a good time with all of them, and Danson could see that. Closing time came, and it was time to go home. “So, I should take my leave first. Drive carefully babe, all right?” Jiro said. Danson smiled at him, and nodded his head. “Night, baby.” he said. He waved goodbye to him, and watched Jiro as he walked towards his car. “That's it? No goodnight kiss?” Ella asked him. “Do you want us to be found?” Danson said. Ella just shrugged her shoulders. 
 
The two walked towards Danson's car. “I had fun. I hope I could get into that bar again someday...” she said. Danson nodded his head. “Jeremy seems to like you a lot as well... so you get the passes to go inside. But as long as you're escorted by me, Rainie or Jiro.” Danson sad. Ella just laughed at him. “Are they all worried that I will tell you guys off? I mean... I'm a photographer, not a paparazzi...” she said. “I know that. But you can't blame those guys. They're just being careful.” he said. They finally reached his car, and then he opened the passenger's seat for her. 
 
--
 
The next day. 
 
Ella came to the office, and was surprised to see a bouquet of her favorite flowers on her desk. She smiled to herself as she took it. Since there was no card on it, she assumed that those flowers came from Danson. She took the flowers with her, and then walked to Danson's office.
 
“Thanks for the flowers. You shouldn't have.” Ella said as she entered his office. Danson put down the newspaper on his hand, and gave her a confused look. “Flowers? I was supposed to order flowers for you yet.” he said. It was Ella's turn to give him a confused look. “These didn't came from you?” she asked. Danson shook his head. “Anyway... we've got much bigger problems... someone saw us together last night, and they assumed that we were dating.” Danson said, giving her the newspaper. Ella's eyes widened as she read the news. The first thing that came into her mind is Jiro. “What?! I just got Jiro's approval, and this happened?” she said. “I talked to him. He's cool with it. He said, at least it's some girl that he knew.” he said. “Isn't he jealous?” she asked worriedly. Danson shook his head. “You have his trust 100%.” Danson assured her. “Actually, this is a good idea at all. But... I don't think this is good for you...” he said. 
 
Ella gave her another confused look. “What do you mean?” she asked. “Actually, it's Jiro's idea. You know our situation, right?” he asked. Ella nodded her head. “And because of this, can we ask you a little favor to keep our relationship?” he asked. Ella nodded her head. She walked up to the chair in front of him to seat. “Can you be our fall girl, and pretend to be my girlfriend?” he asked.
 
Ella almost fell on her seat.