I'm here

Me And My Gay Boss

Ella stopped and move her head upwards to take a look at the building. ‘Relax Ella. Be brave and force yourself to be his friend again. Never cross the line. You can do it, Ella!’ Ella nodded to herself and move forward to enter the building. She took a deep breath and stepped inside her office, looking cheerful.

“Hi guys. Miss me?” she leans to the door frame and hold her hands up while waving to her officemate. Those in the office turned to her.

“Ella! Wow, you look good, girl. Did you have fun in the countryside?” asked Hebe, envious. She couldn’t follow Ella for she had her own assignment that needed to be completed immediately. Ella smirked and whistle along her way to her desk.

“Of course she is. She had a blast there. Especially when with Aaron Yan there, clinging to her all the time” said Jolin as she waltzed to her desk. Ella glared at Jolin.

“AARON YAN? Ella, you sure got lucky. I just hope our boss is not getting jealous when he heard this” said Angela while glancing to Danson’s room.

“He did not cling to me! Don’t listen to Jolin. She was the one busy ogling at Vic Chou. Apparently, Vic had invited her for a date, right Jolin?” replied Ella while looking at Jolin. Jolin blushed at her replied.

“Oh, you’re no fun Ella. Ops, the boss coming” the girls scattered to their desk when they saw the door to Danson’s room opened. Ella frozed but quickly regained her composure when she saw Danson coming towards her.

“Hi Ella. How are you?”

“It’s been fun, boss. As you can see, I’m all fine. Thank you for asking though” Ella smiled at Danson. Danson nodded. Ella arranged her things and start her PC, trying to look busy. Things have become a bit awkward between them though it’s been a month since their ual encounters.

“Ella…”

“Yes?”

“Can I talk you? Meet me in my office after you finish arranging your stuffs” Ella nodded. Danson walked back to his office and sit on his chair. He sighed heavily. These two weeks had been really toughed without Ella. He never knew he had become dependent on her and this worry him a lot. He missed Ella a lot these two weeks but never had the courage to contact her. He could feel the lady was avoiding him but he just pretends he didn’t realized about it. Besides, he also has sort of avoiding her.

He was eager to go the office when he knew she would be back today. She looked freshen up and cheerful. She even smiled at him like she normally did. Suddenly, there was a knock on his door.

“Come in” Ella popped out her heads. He smiled. She looked cute with that curiosity in her eyes. She sit in front of him.

“So?”

“Huh?”

“What do you want to talk about?” asked Ella while raising her eyebrows. Danson coughed a bit when he realized he had been staring at the lady in front of him.

“Er..” Danson suddenly stuttered and blank, not knowing what to say to Ella. ‘Itch, why did I suddenly become nervous? It’s just Ella, my bff’ he thought.

“Never mind. Let me just ask you instead” said Ella while staring at Danson. Before he could register the things Ella had said, he was engulfed in a tight hug. Danson froze before relaxing into the hug.

“How are you Danson? You got me worried over there when Joe called me. I miss you, girl” asked Ella, sighed in relief when Danson reciprocated her hug. Danson wrapped his arms around Ella. He could feel that the girl has lost some weight.

“I miss you too, Ella. It’s not the same without you. I’m sorry that I have make you worried over me. I never thought being heartbroken will be this hard” Danson answered shakily.

“I’m back, Danson. I’m here now. Cry if you want to. I’ll be right here” whispered Ella. With her words, finally the dam was spilled. Danson cried his heart out. Ella patted his back while humming softly. ‘It’s okay now Danson. I’ll be the friend you need though I’m in love with you. May this love faded down and I’ll be able to be your true friend’ prayed Ella silently in her thoughts.

Time passed without they realized. Danson had finally calm down but continued to hug Ella. They had moved to the floor once he started crying. He found comfort and warmth in Ella.

“Hey, you’re okay now?” asked Ella in silent voice. Danson nodded. She moved a bit to take a look at his face. She chuckled when she found him very adorable with red eyed, streak of tears and runny nose. Danson frown when he realized Ella has been laughing.

“What? Why are you laughing? I’m sad here if you didn’t realize” protested Danson while pouting. Ella laughed aloud when she saw him pouted. His frown got deeper and he flicked his finger on Ella’s forehead.

“Owww, that’s hurt. What’s that for?” glared Ella at Danson while hissing in pain. Danson crossed his arms and glared back at his favourite photographer.

“Humph, you deserve it. That’s for laughing at me” said Danson while sticking out his tongue. Though still hurt, Ella couldn’t help but smiled at Danson.

“I’m glad you’re feeling okay now Danson. Don’t worry about that jerk. I’ll punch him if I see him in my radar”Ela softly said. Danson laughed at her statement. God, this girl really know how to make his feeling’s better.

“Thank you, Ella. Let me treat you for lunch okay?” Ella nodded. She tried to get up but felt numb all over her legs that make her sit again. She smacked Danson on his arm.

“Hiss. That’s hurt. You’re strong like a bull, you know?” teased Danson while rubbed his arm to sooth the pain. Ella glared at him again.

“It’s your fault I’m having a numb right now. I’m ordering the most expensive food on the menu later” Ella said before trying to stand up again. She walked to the door but stopped when Danson called her.

“What makes you laugh just now?” asked Danson, curious. Ella smirked at him.

“You look like my niece after you cried just now. You seriously look like her after she throw her tantrum. Cute” explained Ella while smiling teasingly.

“Yah, I’m not cute. Take that back” yelled Danson at Ella who had escaped his office while laughing. Danson shook his head while smiling. He was really glad that their relationship has gone back to normal. Suddenly, his phone ringing. He looked at the caller and accepted the call.

“Hey, Xiao Zhong! What’s up? Oh, she’s back. Okay, I’ll try asking her at lunch. Yup, I’ll see you tonight” Danson hang up. Danson stared blankly at his desk before finally snapped up at seeing the work that has been piled up on his desk. He groaned before started to do his work.

“Hey, Ella. Everything’s okay?” asked Angela when she saw Ella came out from their boss’s room. Ella nodded and smiled. Before she can answer Angela, her phoned ringing. She raised her eyebrows when she saw the caller.

“Hello. Aaron?” Angela looked at Ella when she heard the name. Ella shrugged and continue to talk with Aaron.

“Hey Ella. How are you?” asked Aaron on the other line.

“I’m fine thank you. Did you forget something, Aaron? I thought I had told you that I’ll called you when the next issue come out” answered Ella while sitting on her chair to continue her work. She opened the folder containing the pictures of Aaron and Vic.

“No, I did not forget anything Ella. I was just wondering if you are free this tomorrow night. Can we have dinner together?” asked Aaron nervously. Ella was shocked. In fact, shocked was an understatement. ‘Did he just ask me out? No Ella. Don’t think too much. It’s just a friendly invitation’ thought Ella. After her encounter with Wallace and Danson, and get both men broke her heart without they even realized it, she was afraid of those friendly invitation. She had learnt the hard way and afraid to get her hope high.

“Let me check my schedule okay, Aaron. Let see… Nope, there’s nothing tomorrow night. I would gladly dine with you, Aaron” said Ella, accepting the singer’s invitation. Angela and Hebe widened their eyes when they heard her. Apparently, those two had been listening to Ella’s conversation.

“Thank you, Ella. I’ll pick you up at your office at 7pm then?” asked Aaron while grinning widely.

“Sure. I’ll wait for you. See you tomorrow, Aaron” said Ella before end up her conversation. She sank to her chair and sighed. What’s up with her life lately?

“Ella!” Ella almost fell from her chair when Angela and Hebe called her loudly. She spun around and was shocked when both girls move closer towards her.

“W-what?”

“Did Aaron Yan just asked you for a date?” asked Angela excitedly. Ella rolled her eyes at that. Not again!

“Did you guys never hear the word ‘privacy’? For god sake, it’s just a friendly invitation” said Ella, nonchalant about the whole situation.

“I don’t think so, Ella. I think Aaron Yan did asked you for a date. You’re so lucky Ella!” squealed Hebe in delight. Then, she suddenly stopped.

“Hey, you and boss are dating right? Will he feel jealous when he heard about this?” Hebe asked aloud. Ella groaned.

“That’s just a rumour, Hebe. I’m not dating him and never will be” she facepalm when Angela and Hebe continued to discuss about her. ‘Argh, all of these make me stress. I should have stayed there for another week’ Ella thought while glaring at her friends.

 

Author's note: I am so sorry guys for not updating in the longest time. I was busy with work and at the same time, continuing my study. I also a serious writer block before this. I will be focusing on this story until the last chapter and will update my other stories after this story ends. I'll try to update once a week but it depends on my working condition. Till the next chapter. Enjoy.