My Life Gets In The Way

The After School Cafe~

Raina's POV~

As soon as Jaejoong enters our cafe I smack him on the head.

Jaejoong's POV~

"Ouch! What was that for?" I ask rubbing my sore head.

"You probably killed a few hundred brain cells just now." I say. She shakes her head and says,

"Can't lose what you never had." And sticks out her tongue.

"Nice saying. So why did you hit me again?"

"Why didn't you ask Lizzy out yet?" That totally took me by suurprise.

"What?" I ask. She smacks me again. Ouch.

"Don't give me that look! You have been visiting this cafe at around 4 PM ever since you saw Llizzy." She leans in closer. "Plus, it's close to Valentines Day and I know you like her." I blush. Damn, she saw right through me.

"I'm right aren't I? I see the way you look at her. Don't you just want to hold her and kiss her and-" She hugs herself and turns around making these wierd noises. I finally get what she's talking about and flick her.

"Yah! Don't do that in public!" I tell her. She's such a child sometimes. She simply winks at me and walks away. I sigh. I really should ask Lizzy if she's busy on Valentines Day. I kinda miss Vivian a little too. I smile to myself thinking about that one time I came over.

Lizzy's POV~

I came in and see that Jaejoong is at his usual table. Without even asking him I bring him a coffee with sugar and cream. When I bring it to him he smiles, knowing he was going to order it anyways.

"So what're you doing?" I ask him.

"Figuring out some work problems." He sighs. He seems so exhausted even though Valentines Day is coming up. I look down at my feet and begin to tap them. It's not like I'm free on that holiday, I have to watch Vivian, I just wish I could spend it with someone for once.

Jaejoong's POV~

I wish I wasn't so scared all the time. I look at Lizzy and notice she's tapping her feet. I smile a little. I know she does that whenever she's nervous.

"Are you working on Valentines Day?" I ask her. She looks up surprised.

"No, but um.." She hesitates. Does she already have plans?

"I was just wondering if you wanted to do something together. I know a great restaurant not far from here."" I say blushing a little. She's smiling.

Lizzy's POV~

Did he just ask me out on a date? My heart was beating so fast. I wanted to say yes right away and look for an outfit. But I just rmembered. I have to look out for Vivian on Valentines Day.

"I-I'm sorry. I need to watch Vivian on that day." I say disappointed. I hope I didn't hurt his felings. I look at him and he seems a little disappointed too. I know I have to make it up to him somehow.

"What's your favorite type of cookies?" I ask him. He thinks about it for a while and finally says,

"Peanut butter cookies." I  flinch. Out of all of the flavors why peanut butter? I sigh and say,

"Mine are sugar cookies. I just wanted to know." I say. We started chatting when Kahi told me my break was over. I told him I had to go and began wroking.

Jaejoong's POV~

As soon as Lizzy left, I realized I'm late for work. I left the cafe after saying bye to everyone and headed for another grueling day at work. But as I left the cafe, I was ambushed by some paparazzi.

"Jaejoong, tell us about your upsoming promotions!"

"Mr. Hero is it true you will be filming with the famous actress Yoon Eun Hye?"

"Jaejoong, is it true you will be filming with Song Hye Kyo?!"

"Jaejoong! Are you planning on debuting as an idol singer soon?"

I looked around and found a gap. I ran for the building not even looking back at the screaming photographers. Tch. Screw the old man for pulling a stunt like that.

Lizzy's POV~

My shift was over and I began heading to the day care. Once I picked up Vivian and thanked Nana for watching her, we began walking back home. I kept thinking about those cookies Jaejoong wanted.

"Umma are you ok? You seem to be sad." Vivia nasked me. I give her a weak smile and say,

"Umma's just tired from work."

Vivian's POV~

Umma was lying. But I forgive her, she must be thinking about Jaejoong-appa. I look up at her and she suddenly stops.

"Umma?" I ask. She looks down at me and asks,

"Vivian tomorrow's Valentines Day right?" I think for a second, then nod.

"Would you like to make cookies with me tomorrow?" Yay! We get to make cookies! I nod my head so hard I thought it would fall off. -.-.

"What kind of cookies umma?" I ask excitedly.

"P-peanut butter." I look at umma. I love peanut butter cookies. But I tell her,

"Umma, you're very allergic to peanut butter." She flinches. I remember that she ate peanut butter by accident once and was taken to the hospital.

"These cookies are for you and Jaejoong, Vivian." She says trying to smile. Wow, umma must love me and Jaejoong-appa a lot. I put the thought away and we begin to head home. I better eat a lot of the cookies so Jaejoong appa won't get more than me. I know umma loves me more. I pout.