Notes, Lies, and Temptations

The After School Cafe~

Vivian's POV~

Yay! Umma gets to come home today! Well not home. Our house burned down. But Raina-unnie said we could stay at her house for the time being! I'm so happy ^.^ Maybe I can give umma the note now. I made sure nobody read it. Even me, no matter how badly I wanted to.

Lizzy's POV~

I felt guilty for intruding on Rain'as house, but she instisted it was ok. She wasn't home today because she was spending the weekend over at her family's house. She gave me the spare key to her house and said that in the mean time it will give me time to get settled into her house. I thanked her so much. I promised to leave as soon as I save enough money for an apartment. As soon as we came into her house it was messy. I knew the perfect way to repay her. I was just about to start mopping the floors when Vivian handed me a crumpled up note.

"What's this?" I ask her. She simply states,

"Appa gave it to me. He said to give it to you once you were out of the hostipal." She walks away and watches TV. I sit on the floor and open the note,

Dear Lizzy,

I'm truly sorry. Sorry for so many things. I guess the biggest thing I'm sorry for is ruining your life. You have so much ahead of you and yet I made it so much worse because of my selfishness. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in the hospital. I wish I could start all over with you, but I know that's impossible. You deserve so much better than I give you. I know that this isn't much, but I bought you a condominium not far from the cafe. I know it isn't much but it's all I can think of at the moment. I hope you do not hate me for all the pain and suffering I have done to you. I wish you and Vivian the best of luck in all that you do.

This might be a little late, but I love you. I love you more than I have loved anyone in a long time. I loved you as soon as you gave me your warm smiile that melted my heart. I wish I could have told you sooner, but I know it will only be an inconvenience to you

I assure you, we won't cross paths again for I am moving to Japan in a week. Farewell, Lizzy.

I couldn't read much of it because my tears  ended up smudging so much of the ink I dropped the note and began to cover my eyes with my hands. Why did he leave? Does he hate me that much? No, in his note he said he loved me. I love him so much. I look into the living room and notice Vivian's looking at me. I wipe my tears and grab our things. I tell Vivian we have a place we can stay. I call Raina and let her know what happened. She understands and lets me leave. I head for the apartment. It's my new clean page. I wish Jaejoong all the best in Japan. 

 Raina's POV~

I hang up the phone and walk towards Jaejoong. He looks so weak right now.

"Hey cousin." He says.

"You know Lizzy just called me." He flinched.

"How is she?" I shake my head.

"She sounded as heartbroken as you do. You know I hate lying to her."

"I'm sorry. But please, just do me this favor. I don't think she would want to see me." I flick his forehead. God these two are hopeles.

"I think you both really love eachother. Come on, she'll figure out how you're not in Japan when the news articles will say how you quit your drama role as an actor." He just ignores me. God, Lizzy wherever you are, please don't lose faith in Jaejoong.

"I'm not feeling so great. I think I'm just going to head to the cafe. Lizzy's not working today right?" I nod. He grabs his coat and leaves. I sigh. So much for meeting up as a family today. Oh well.

A thought just comes to me. I dial Lizzy's phone.

"Yobseyo?" She picks up.

"Can you meet me in the cafe?" I ask.

"I-" I cut her off. I am such a genius sometimes.

"Ok Jaejoong, I'm giving you a great opportunity here! Don't screw it up!"

"Please don't tell me you're talking to yourself again." Uee comes up behind me.

"So what if I am unnie?" She rolls her eyes and helps mom with the dishes.

Lizzy's POV~

I'm waiting at the bus stop. I don't know why Raina wants me at the cafe but it's the least I can do for her after she's done so much for me. As me and Vivian board the bus, I see a poster of Jaejoong out of the window.

Vivian's POV~

I wanted to ask umma if we could buy chocolate later but I saw her staring out of the window. I look in her direction and see a picture of Jaejoong-appa. She grazes her fingers along the window. Umma leans her head against the window too. She might not know this but I heard her whisper,

"Saranghae Jaejoong." Jaejoong-appa, where are you?