Prologue

SM Entertainment's New Girl Group :: CH4RM's Story

 

 

Six months ago...

 

"Mr. Lee, Kim Sungjoo is here. Should I send him in now?" SM Entertainment's chairman, Lee Soo Man's secretary asked through the phone receiver. 

 

"Yes. Send him in." He pressed the button and replied into the speaker. 

 

A few moments later, a small knock was heard on his office door. He looked up to see his secretary letting a man in his twenties in. She bowed and shut the door, leaving him alone with the man. 

 

"Hello Mr. Lee." He bowed, as Lee Soo Man motioned for him to come closer. He did as he was told. 

 

"Please take a seat, Mr. Kim Sungjoo-shi." He said in a professional voice, as Sungjoo warily took a seat on the comfortable chair. He shifted around nervously, hoping he wasn't getting scolded for something he did wrong. 

 

"You and I have a few things to discuss." Lee Soo Man continued, as his stomach flipped flopped, dreading for what he was about to hear. "You do know about the new girl group I am planning to debut, right?" 

 

Sungjoo's attention shifted and he looked up with confused eyes. "Of course! But what about them?"

 

"I want you to be their manager." Lee Soo Man stated, as Sungjoo's jaw almost dropped. 

 

"M-me? A manager?" He asked in surprise, as Lee Soo Man nodded. 

 

"Yes, you. Now, I have a few things to request from you." He continued, as Sungjoo blinked.

 

"What requests?" He asked in confusion.

 

Lee Soo Man ignored him and pulled out a grey folder. He flipped it open, revealing the many pictures and documents about the current trainees of SM Entertainment. "These are our current trainees who I think are ready to debut." 

 

Sungjoo stared at the file, still not understanding what was happening. 

 

"They are all fairly talented, and have been training for a few years. I've already chosen one of the five members, and I want you to help me choose the other four girls to debut as a part of CH4RM." Lee Soo Man continued, as he flipped through the pages and frowned as he saw one of the documents. "What is her file doing in here? She isn't good enough to debut yet." He pulled out the piece of paper and slipped it into another folder.

 

"You want me to choose the members of CH4RM?" Sungjoo asked in disbelief. 

 

He nodded. "Yeah. And here is the currently chosen member's profile." He pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to Sungjoo. 

 

"Park Minhee... Chinese and Korean mix... Born in Hong Kong, HEIRESS TO PARKJUNG INDUSTRIES?!" He read his thoughts aloud as Lee Soo Man nodded. 

 

The room fell silent for a few minutes, while Sungjoo flipped through the folder, reading each of the trainee's profiles. 

 

"But of course, I will make all the final decisions. What you are doing now is just giving your input." Lee Soo Man confirmed, as Sungjoo nodded in understanding. "And that is all, Mr. Sungjoo-shi. You may leave now."

 

Sungjoo picked up the folder and stood up. "Yes, Mr. Lee." Realizing he had forgotten to ask a question, he spun around and asked, "Oh! When should I give you my top four choices?" 

 

"A week from now." Lee Soo Man answered, not even bothering to look up from his paperwork. 

 

Sungjoo stood there for a moment, then nodded. "Yes, sir."

 

"Oh! And if you are having a hard time choosing, you can ask Minhee for her opinion, since she does train with all those trainees in the folder." Lee Soo Man said, as Sungjoo nodded and then bowed. 

 


 

author's note.

Okay, so I will be creating allkpop articles for each of the chosen members. 8D I really loved all of your applications. I had like a really really hard time choosing the members... Please don't kill me if your character wasn't chosen!!! D:

Hope you like the teasers so far! ^^