Interview

Perfectly Imperfect

2 Days Later. . .

~Jiyoung's POV~
I'm so nervous right now. Today is my interview at SU and I really want to get in this school. I'm going to take up Performing Arts since I really want to become a super star. Like Girls' Generation. You know, me and Seohyun, the maknae are childhood friends but we just keep that secret to ourselves.

"Park Jiyoung?" a lady called.

"Here!" I said and flashed a big smile to her.

"The professors are expecting you now"

"Ne. Kamsahamnida" I said and bowed to her. She did the same and I just proceeded to the room that she was pointing at. I knocked on the door and waited for a reply. 

"Come in" a man's voice uttered. I opened the door and went inside.

"Annyeong Haseyo!" I said and bowed. "Choneun Park Jiyoung imnida" I flashed them a smile.

"You're Park Jiyoung?" a lady asked and I just nodded. "You're here for your interview, right?"

"Ne" I said and smiled even though I'm very nervous. Everyone looks so strict here.

"Okay then. Why did you choose to interview for Seoul University?" 

I cleared my throat and put on my confident face. "Because Seoul University has amazing facilities and I know that this university can help me enhance my skills". I hope that answer satisfied them.

"What can you do?" What? What do they mean by 'What can I do?'. Do they mean washing the dishes? Or other things?

"Excuse me? I didn't quite understand the question".

"What we mean is, what are your skills?" a middle-aged man clarified.

"Oh. . I can dance. And I play the flute and the piano." I answered confidently.

"So you can dance? What kind of dance can you do?" 

"I studied ballet for 3 years. And I can do hiphop and jazz."

"Very well. Show us what you got!" the woman in the middle said.

I prepared this routine for a week and it's a hiphop one. As the music started, my body also started to move. I danced like I haven't danced before and got quick hold of my emotions. When I dance, I always maintain contact with the audience and as I looked at the professors, it seems that they are enjoying my performance. I already have a good feeling of this. For the ending, I did a 180° split and the professors where in awe. The music stopped and I quickly stood up to bow. The professors are clapping their hands, which made me even more confident.

"That was amazing, Ms. Park! A splendid performance" the woman in the middle remarked.

"Kamsahamnida" I said and bowed again. I couldn't hide the smile on my face.

"We'll just send you a letter within 5 days, Ms. Park to let you know if you're accepted."

"Okay. Goodbye! Kamsahamnida!" I said and bowed for the last time, then I left and went outside. I breathed a sigh of relief and walked past other people waiting for their turn.

"Hey! Wait up!" I heard a guy say and I immediately stopped and turned. "Hey!" the guy said. Whoah! He's blonde. Pretty cool.

"Hi!" I said. (A/N: AWKWARD!)

"What did you do back there? The professors' applauses were really loud" Oh really? I didn't realize that it was that loud.

"I don't know. I just danced. And did my best" 

"You probably nailed them" I just laughed at what he said. I don't know why but I just had the urge to laugh.

"Bang Cheolyeong?" the lady from before called.

"Here!" the guy I'M talking to responded. So his name is Cheolyeong. (A/N: I will use red for Cheolyeong/ Mir)

"They're waiting for you" the lady said.

"It's your turn now! Good luck!" I said that to encourage him.

"Thanks! Maybe, I'll see you next time?" He said and I just smiled in response. He walked away and entered the room. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"1 Cafe Latte, please" I said to the waiter who was taking my order. He just nodded and went to the counter. I think I should call Camille.

"Yeoboseyo?" came a sleepy voice. "Who is this?"

"This is Jiyoung! Where are you?"

"I'm in my bed."

"What are you doing?"

"I'm being a lazy ! Hahahahaha! I just woke up! Where are you?"

"At SU's Cafe."

"What?! It's still 8! What time is your interview anyway?"

"The interview's done. It was at 7:30, I think"

"So early! How'd it go?"

"Quite good! The professors were impressed!"

"Well! You are THE Park Jiyoung who is the best dancer in the whole wide universe!" -->she exaggerates things :)

"Ahahahahaha! Whatever Cam!"

"UNNIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!" a voice in the background came.

"Oh what is it, Lauren?!" my best friend's annoyed voice .

"It's time for breakfast!" Cam's sister said in her cutest voice. She's 3 and she's the cutest girl ever! You know, for me. Cam thinks she's a midget.

"Okay fine! I have to go Jiji! Call you later! Bye!"

"Okay bye!" I said and hung up.

"Hey! Your coffee's gonna get cold" I looked up and saw what's his name again? Cheolyeong? smiling at me.

"Oh hi! Thanks for reminding me"

"Can I sit down?" he politely asked.

"Oh sure!" He immediately sat down and ordered 1 Cafe Latte.

"Thank you by the way. For encouraging me." he said and smiled.

"That was nothing. So, how did it go?" 

"Better than I expected. By the way, I'm Bang Cheolyeong. You can call me Mir" he introduced. Mir? Mir sounds cute :)

"I'm Park Jiyoung" 

*1 message received*
"Yah! NPJ! Is your interview done? Come home right away! I need to tell you something!"
-Miyoung unnie

Sigh.

"Umm. . Mir? I have to go" 

"I'll take you to where you're going" he humbly offered.

"But our house is far. We have to take a bus and we also have to walk for a few meters" 

"That's okay."

"You sure?" 

"Yup! Let's go!"

"Wait! I have to pay for my latte!" Good thing I remembered.

"Me too" And with that, we burst out laughing. After paying, we immediately went to the bus stop.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're a few blocks away from our house now. Thank you for taking me home." I said that to break the awkward silence during our walk.

"Hey. No problem" he said and smiled. Why does that smile make me speechless? Aish! Park Jiyoung! 

"Oh! We're here now. Thanks again, Mir!" 

"No problem!" then he smiled again.

"Would you like to come in?" I offered. 

It's the least I can do.

"Uhh no thanks. Maybe next time!"

"Okay. Take care Mir! Nice meeting you!"

"You too Jiyoung! I'll go now. Bye!" 

"Bye!" And with one final smile and wave, he left immediately. What a nice guy! I'll surely remember him. That interview was totally memorable :)

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Chapter is out! Hoping to get more subbies this time. Enjoy ^^

 

SUBSCRIBERS are LOVED.

COMMENTS are APPRECIATED.