It Wasn't the Glasses

Perfectly Imperfect

~Jiyoung's POV~

"Okay. Tell me all about it"

~Flashback~
"Students! Welcome to JangNae High School!" the principal greeted. Me, unnie and Camille laughed and went out of the auditorium. Even though we're new students in JangNae, we won't bother listening to boring speeches. We just went to the library or was it a museum?? Whatever! The place was filled with books and many other things. A shiny, golden music box caught our attention and we immediately swooned over it. 

"It's so pretty!" the 3 of us exclaimed.

"You can say that again!" a middle-aged lady said and approached us, her high heels echoing in the library. "That is a school treasure"

"Annyeong haseyo!" the 3 of us greeted and she just smiled at us.

"You're new here in JangNae? You didn't attend middle school here?" she asked us and we just nodded our heads. "So, what are you girls doing here? The freshmen assembly will be starting soon"

"Well, we found the speeches boring so we roam around the campus" Camille explained. "By the way, I'm Camille Kim. These are my friends. Jiyoung and Miyoung Park" 

"Hello" me and unnie greeted.

"Hello, dear. I'm Mrs. Kwon SuAh. The librarian" 

"Can you tell us more about the music box??" I asked.
 
"Well, this music box was the created by the first president of JangNae. Legend says that the President was in love with this certain boy. And this boy was there when the President was testing it out. Great music came out of this music box, people from far and wide came to listen to it."
 
"What happened to the President and the boy??" I asked again.
 
"They lived happily ever after. Isn't it magical? The president and the boy fell in love. They even died in each other's arms. Nobody was allowed to touch the music box except for the president and the boy. That's why it's sealed in this glass case. But it still remained clean, right? Even if no one cleaned it because they weren't allowed to touch the treasure. We in JangNae believe that the couple cleans it always. And every midnight, the music box plays by itself. Well actually, it's the couple playing it. Isn't it touching, girls?" (A/N: What a dull story! Sorry! I had no other idea)
 
"Totally!" a voice came up.
 
"Oh Hana! You're here too?" the librarian said and we turned to the girl.
 
"Yeah. The principal is way too boring! How come you never told us that before?" the girl named Hana asked.
 
"Because you never asked" then the bell rang. "Girls, time to go to your classrooms! Bye bye now!" Mrs. Kwon bade.
 
"Bye." the 3 of us greeted while Hana simply walked away. What a rude girl. We started walking.
 
"So, you 3 are new here?" Hana asked and we just nodded. "Hmm.. That's good. I'm Lee Hana. I'm the queen of JangNae"
 
"Queen of JangNae? Is there even such a thing?" unnie asked.
 
"Of course there is! So, you 3 better be nice to me or you'll get it!" she said and walked away. What a b!tch! The following months are going well. The 3 of us avoided Hana since she was always picking on us. Not until the last month of school.
 
"Class, all of us are requested to go to the auditorium. The principal has a very important thing to say." our adviser told us.
 
"Ugh, not again!" me and unnie chorused. The students nearby heard us and laughed.
 
"How come when the twins say something, you laugh. But when I say something, no one laughs! They're not the Queens here! I am!" Hana exclaimed. It isn't our fault that they don't find her funny.
 
"Oh, give it up Queen Hana! They're just messing around! So let's go?" our adviser said and we all lined up outside.
 
"Out of my way! The Queen's first on the line!" Hana exclaimed and started pushing us. Me and unnie just rolle our eyes and simply moved out of the way. Then we went to to the auditorium. After all the students of the HS department are gathered, the principal took a deep breath.
 
"Students, our school's music box is missing! Anyone who has any information regarding this specific matter, report to my office immediately. That would be all. Thank you" 
 
"Oh no! That's so sad!"
 
"Yeah! Who do you think took it?" unnie asked me and Camille and we just shrugged. She turned to Hana who was shaking. "What about you Queen Hana?" 
 
"W-what?" she asked while shaking. What's wrong with her?
 
"Who do you think took the music box?"
 
"Music b-box?? W-what mu..sic b-box.??" she stuttered. "I gotta go to the rest rooms. Bye!" Hana said and crippled out of the crowd. Something smells fishy here.
 
-After Classes-
"Jiji! Appa's here!"
 
"You go home first! We have to finish something."
 
"Ok. Take care" unnie said and left the campus. Now to finish that project. While working, I heard footsteps in the hallway. Being a brave fellow, I decided to check it out. I saw Hana walking with her heels echoing in the halls. She seems to be talking to herself.
 
"Hi Hana!" I greeted. She screamed as long as she saw me. I'm not that ugly or am I?? "What are you doing here??"
 
"Uh-- I came here to help with the drama club!" she said. "What about you??"
 
"I came here to finish my project. Cam's coming too."
 
"Okay. That's good! I'll be going now! " she said and clutched something inside her trench coat.
 
"What's that??"
 
"It's a purse!"
 
"Can I see it?"
 
"No."
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because I said so!"
 
"But I want to see it!!" being a stubborn girl, I pulled her trench coat and the missing music box dropped. Me and Hana gasped. I looked at her and her pale face turned into an evil smirk.
 
"Yes Jiyoung. I stole the music box. What are you gonna do about it?!"
 
"I-- I---"
 
"You what Jiyoung?!"
 
"I'M GONNA TELL EVERYONE IN SCHOOL!!"
 
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!" she screamed and dragged me to the storage room. She pushed me inside and locked me there. I was trapped, all alone in the darkness.
 
"Hana! Let me out!"
 
"NO! That's what you get for messing with my plans!" I heard her say and walk away. I was trapped inside the dusty storage room for an hour or so. Good thing Camille, her mom and the janitor found me inside. I slept in Camille's house because I was really traumatized. I wouldn't talk or eat. That's why Auntie didn't even bother to bring me home. They asked mom's permission, though. Before sleeping, I told Camille everything. She said that everything will be okay. But I don't think so.
 
 
-Then Next Morning at JangNae HS-
"Why is everybody looking at us??" I asked Camille and she just shrugged. Then Hana suddenly stood in front of me with a smirk on her face.
 
"There she is! The thief!" she said and raised her eyebrow.
 
"What are you talking about?? You're the thief! You're the one who stole the music box!" I said in defense, earning gasps from the crowd.
 
"Uhh--- Uh---" she stuttered. "What are you talking about?! You're the one who stole it!"
 
"Shut up Hana! You're---"
 
"JijiJiji! Is it true?? How could you take the music box??" unnie said and suddenly appeared from nowhere.
 
"I didn't take the music box! Hana did!"
 
"You don't have any proofs! But I do.." she said and smiled. She dragged me to the locker rooms and everybody followed. She showed me my open locker. The music box was inside and the lock has been broken. Nobody noticed it! "See?"
 
"But I didn't steal it! Hana did!"
 
"But why is it in your locker? We're the only ones who know your combination!"
 
"Don't you trust me ??"
 
"You're my twin. I will always trust you."
 
"But the lock is--"
 
"Explain it to the council!" Hana said and held unnie's arm. "Let's go Miyoung! You wouldn't want be caught hanging around with a thief!"
 
 "But--!" she didn't finish what she said because she got dragged  by the pesky . The crowd immediately followed them but at least Camille stayed there for me.
~End of Flashback~
 
"And starting on that day, everyone hated me. Nobody dared to approach me and I got 3 months of counseling.Unnie was forced by Hana to have a make-over so that she wouldn't be mistaken as me. We were in separat classes too which makes it more difficult for me to explain  to unnie. My only friend was Camille. At least she was there." I gave a little laugh before breaking down in tears again.
 
 
~Joon's POV~
So that's what happened. I don't think it was the glasses. She's been suffering all this time. Miyoung didn't mean to be like that. Poor Jiyoung. Then suddenly Jiyoung started crying again. I carried her to the benches and made her sit down. I kept on hugging her and wiping her tears since she wouldn't stop. Then Miyoung came along.
 
"Yah! What did you do to my sister??!" she screamed. Pretty much full of concern. Miyoung was just acting mean just for Jiyoung's sake. Jiyoung immediately got up.
 
"I'm okay unnie. I just fell from the swing" she lied. Miyoung immediately hugged her sister.
 
"Are you hurt?" Jiyoung shook her head. This is one of the touching moments I have ever seen. Plus, it's live. After hearing that horrible back story, I realize that these two cannot actually live without each other. "We'll just go home. I'll just text you when my sister's okay."
 
"Say goodbye to Mir for me." Jiyoung said in tears and waved to Cheondoong and Camille who was now paying attention. 
 
"Okay. Bye Jiyoung!" I waved. So it wasn't the glasses.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hey there! It's me again! Sorry for not updating in a while. It's school's fault! And writer's block too! :) Anyway, hope you all enjoy the 10th Chapter.
 
I'm planning to write an EXO fic but I can't decide on the male lead, since they're all handsome. Suggestions, anyone?? Do comment. 
 
Follow me on Twitter. @__ANJELLA. We'll tweet each other there :) Send me a DM, by the way so that I will know :) Love you, guys! <3
 
SUBSCRIBERS are LOVED
COMMENTS are APPRECIATED :)