Chapter 9:

Mystery

“I’m home. I cooked some sushi. Want to try?” Yuri said happily as she entered the house. Mrs. Jung and Jung min was looking at Yuri smiling. “Yuri…I heard you was pulling a boy. Where did you go?” Mrs. Jung asked worriedly. “What did you do with the boy?” Jung min added, “I...I…he…was my classmate…he is a very good cook…I asked him to teach me cooking. And we decided to go his house to cook. This is the result of his teaching.” Yuri confessed showing the box of sushi.

 

“It is so pretty. Yuri, did you make this?” Mrs. Jung praised as she ate one. Jung min took the whole box and was almost eating all, “Jung min, can save some for Yunho?” Yuri asked in panic. “Hyung…would not want to eat.” Jung min said with his mouth full of sushi. “Oh…” Yuri said disappointedly when Yunho appeared behind her and took one piece of sushi from the box. “Hey! That is my sushi!” Jung min shouted without knowing who it was.

 

“Yunho…” Yuri looked behind her as he ate the sushi in front of her. “Not…bad…for a first timer.” Yunho stated before walking upstairs. “Did he…just praise me?” Yuri thought smiling. “How can Hyung steal my sushi?” Jung min was ranting. “I will make more next time okay?” Yuri said before going upstairs. “Yunho is going to lose to that boy.” Mrs. Jung thought worriedly. Yuri was about to enter her room when she heard a voice, “Are you very close with that boy, Taecyeon?”

 

“Hmm…we are good friends…why?” Yuri asked curious. “Do you know he is our school’s no.2 prince?” Yunho asked. “Really…I have never heard him say before…so?” Yuri asked. Yunho was speechless; he did not even know why he told Yuri. “I am going in my room now.” Yuri said as she excused herself. “Should I accept Taecyeon offer?” Yuri thought before she drifted to sleep.

 

[School]

“Yuri!” Sunny called. Yuri waved as she walked towards them. “So, how was the cooking class?” Tiffany asked Yuri nudging her. “The sushi was awesome.” Yuri replied. “Anything happened?” Sunny asked curiously. Yuri told what happened yesterday including the confession. “Oh~” They both chorused. “Do…you think…I should…accept him? He is a nice guy.” Yuri said… “Since he is a nice guy…I agree that you should give him and yourself a chance.” Tiffany said.

 

Yuri looked at her friends once again before nodding her head in agreement. “Yuri!” Taecyeon was walking towards them as usual happily. Tiffany and Sunny left Yuri with Taecyeon as they went to class first. “Taecyeon, is it true that our school’s mysterious no.2 prince is you?” Yuri asked. “What? Yuri, who did you, heard it from? Oh no, my identity is exposed.” Taecyeon said laughing at himself. “Why did you not tell me?” Yuri asked. “I do not like to be called that…that’s why I kept a low profile about it…and I worry that girls befriend because of my status.” Taecyeon confessed. “Unlike you, Yuri…you befriend me despite unknowing my identity.”

 

“Oh…” Yuri understood while at looking at the guy in front of her. She remembered what her friends had told her to give Taecyeon a try. And that he is a guy who could protect her. “Let’s go to class…” Taecyeon said breaking the silence.