Chapter 9 "2 Years"

"it started with a...TWEET!!!"

What happened? Where am I?

Tippy, you passed out and SeungHyun brought you here.

SeungHyun where is he?

Blue tried to sit up but Mrs. Choi stopped her...

Tippy, you need to rest...

But...

Don't worry, he just called JiYong to tell him that you two are here...

TOP opened the door...

Mom, you can go home now...I'll take care of her.

Okay, I'll be back with your dad before dinner and I'll bring food too. You two take care okay?

We will...

Mrs. Choi kissed Blue on her forehead and did the same with TOP...

Thank you Auntie!

Blue said...it was just the two of them inside the room...

Feeling any better?

TOP asked...Blue smiled...

The doctor said...you need to rest...

And?

And that...you can go home tomorrow...

That's all?

Yeah, why...is there anything that the doctor should tell me?

Before Blue could say anything there was someone knocking at the door...TOP stood up to open it...

Dr. Kim!

Blue greeted the visitor...

Tippy! How are you doing?

I'm good! Can I go home today?

Good! But, you can't...tomorrow will do.

But...

No buts...rest and you can go home tomorrow.

Okay...

Blue lied on the bed again...TOP seemed uneasy...walking around the room and looking outside the window occasionally...

Your friend here...Mr. Choi, he already called your dad.

Upon hearing this Blue tried to sit up and TOP immediately went closer to help her...

How did you know my dad's number?

She asked TOP...TOP pulled out Blue's phone from his pocket and gave it to her...

Mom told me to call uncle after I brought you here and your dad said he'll be here right away...

Does he knew it was you?

I think so...I've introduced myself...

We're toast!

Blue took the pillow behind her and covered her face with it...Dr. Kim laughed at the scene...

Fifteen years and you still hasn't changed!

Dr. Kim said...

How about you Dr. Kim, you've talked to Dad too?

Blue asked...

Well, I have to go...there are tons of patients waiting for me...see you tomorrow Tippy!

Dr. Kim immediately went outside the room...

Fifteen years and he still hasn't changed...

She said then saw TOP staring at her with a serious face...

What's with the face?

TOP's eyes were still frozen on her...she moved closer and touched his forehead...

Are you okay? Maybe, you should go home and rest...I'm okay by myself...I'm used to this...

TOP's eyes started to glisten...Blue realizing what she just said covered with her hands and moved back...TOP hugged her...

 

 

 

-TOP's POV-

T! T! T!!! Hey, wake up! Mom! Mom, call an ambulance!

What's happening to her? Is she sick? Is she okay? Why suddenly pass out? I need to get her to the hospital...maybe she catched a cold from the snow...I should have brought the car instead...

 

Dr. Kim, I'm Tippy's...I mean, I'll be her doctor...what happened?

We were talking and then suddenly she just passed out...Dr. is there something wrong? Is she okay? She'll be okay right?

Mr?

Choi SeungHyun.

Mr. Choi...SeungHyun?

Yes.

She's gonna be fine...she just need some rest and she'll be okay.

Maybe it was the snow...

Excuse me?

We walked while it's snowing maybe for thirty minutes...she doesn't have a jacket with her, so...maybe she catched a cold...

Is that so? She shouldn't do such things...she knows very well that things like that is bad for her condition...

Huh? 'Bad for her condition'? What do you mean Dr?

Oh! I'm saying...you should wear a jacket when it's snowing...right? And, speaking of snow...have you called his dad yet?

Oh yes! Excuse me...

How will I call her dad if I don't even know his number? There's something strange about Dr. Kim...'her condition'? What does he mean by that? I should ask mom for her dad's number...right! I have her phone with me...she let me hold it while she's wiping the milk on her hand...here it is, it should be on letter 'D'...Danny, Desiree, Dianne...No 'Dad'? Maybe on 'P' Patricia, Perry, Phil...What does she calls her dad anyway? Maybe he's on her speed dial? Number 1 or 2? I'll try 1 first...

Baby!

Tippy's Dad answered...TOP took a deep breath before answering...

Uhm...Mr. Gomez?

Yes? Who is this?

It's me...Choi SeungHyun...

SeungHyun? How?

It's a long story sir but...I called to let you know that...Tippy's in the hospital...

Hospital? Why? Where? When? What happened?

Sir...

Call me uncle please SeungHyun...

Ah...Uncle, we were just talking when she passed out and...

She passed out? Why?

I don't know...but, Dr. Kim said she'll be fine...

Dr. Kim? From Seung-Ae Hospital?

Yes...how did you know?

It's where I used to bring her when we were there...in Seoul...just look after her and tell her I'll be there...Thank You SeungHyun and say my regards to your parents okay?

Yes uncle...have a safe flight...

Thank You...Bye.

Bye.

So, Uncle knows Dr. Kim? Which means, Dr. Kim knew Tippy...maybe that's why he said something about 'her condition'? There's something wrong...Uncle seemed to be relax after he knew about Dr. Kim...I should ask Dr. Kim about this...

 

Where is he? I left him here...maybe I should go and ask the nurses...

Excuse me, where can I find Dr. Kim?

Dr. Kim?

Dr. Kim JongHwa...

Good thing I read his nameplate well...

He's in his office...turn left then go straight, second door on your right.

Thanks!

 

 

I understand...but, Robert...we both know she's not well and rest may help but she needs surgery...immediately...

Before I could knock on the door I heard Dr. Kim talking to someone...Robert? T's dad IS Robert...but, who needs surgery?

Tippy needs surgery...she should have ten years ago! I know, but...your daughter is getting more ill everyday...I'm about to, she visited me the day after she first arrived here and she told me about her condition, I called her doctor there and he told me everything...surgery is THE best option...I know she doesn't want to, I already asked her about it but...

What do you mean 'she's getting more ill'? that 'surgery is THE best option'? What's wrong with Tippy?

I just burst and decided to get inside the room and ask Dr. Kim...

Yes...I will...see you soon...

Was that Uncle?

Yes.

What's happening? What condition? Surgery?

SeungHyun, calm down.

I can't! I need to know why does she passed out? What is her real condition? Why does she need a surgery?

Sit down and I'll tell everything...just promise me you won't tell her I told you...

Why? Okay...I won't...

Tippy is...sick.

Sick? A cold maybe? But, surgery? A person who has a cold DOESN'T need a surgery...

Sick?

She...she has a...a...brain tumor...

"Tumor" it keeps repeating inside my head and slowly making me feel dizzy...why would she have one? She's...healthy...normal...happy...

SeungHyun, I know it's hard to understand...but, it's true...she doesn't wanna undergo surgery that's why her condition is getting worst...a lot worst everyday...Robert, her dad has been asking her including me and all her doctors to get a surgery but she doesn't want to...

Brain tumor...it's cancer right?

Yes.

Cancer has no cure right?

Yes...but...

Is she going to die?

We could...

Is she going to die?!

Surgery can help her that's why she should do it...

Dr. Kim, Is Tippy going to die?!!!

She need to undergo surgery...

Dr. Kim, this will be the last time I'm gonna ask you this...Is she going to die? Fine, if you don't wanna answer that...I'll change my question...How long?

SeungHyun...she doesn't wanna tell you because she doesn't wanna hurt you...

Screw hurting me! Just answer my question! How long?!

Two years...but, if she go on a surgery there's a chance that...

Two years?

Tears came down so fast I wasn't able to stop it...I immediately wiped my face with my hands and went outside the room and run as fast as I can where nobody could see me crying...my feet brought me at the rooftop...I had to stop to catch my breath, I sat behind the door and look at the sky..."two years" everything from the past flashbacked at me like a movie being played on a fast forward...I kept on remembering her smile that hasn't changed since the last time I saw her fifteen years ago, her hair  those brown long hair that dances with the wind, her eyes that glisten everytime she see anything blue, her soft and warm hands, her lips...her lips that I've been wanting to kiss..."two years" these words kept on digging through my heart like a miner who's looking for gold...it's making my heart beat faster, which also makes my breathing faster..."two years" everytime I say those words my heart aches, my body feels nothing but fear...fear of losing her again...I won't let that happen...not ever...not again!

-End of POV-

 

 

What's with the face?

TOP's eyes were still frozen on her...she moved closer and touched his forehead...

Are you okay? Maybe, you should go home and rest...I'm okay by myself...I'm used to this...

TOP's eyes started to glisten...Blue realizing what she just said covered with her hands and moved back...TOP hugged her...

Go do the surgery...I'm here for you...I won't leave you...

TOP said to her while hugging her...Blue then pushed TOP away...

What are you saying? Surgery?

Surgery will help you...I'll stay by your side...

Stay by my side? Did you just heard yourself? You don't know what you're saying...

I know exactly what I'm saying...I won't leave you...I'll stay with you...even if I need to...

You need to what? Leave your career? Stay with me in a hospital room everyday? Feed me? Change my clothes? See me vomiting? See me getting bald? Hear me shout cause of too much pain? Witness me dying? Bury me?

I will!!!

You don't know what you're saying...

Blue took out her IV and about to get off of the bed when TOP hugged her again...

I wasn't there for the last fifteen years...now that you're back here with me...I won't let you go...this time, I'll hold on to you and won't let you go again...

TOP whispered through her ear...then a tear fall down her shoulder...she faced him and touched his face...

I was able to watch you from a far for fifteen years and you did just great...you build your dreams and fulfilled them...I won't be the reason why you'll have to forget about everything, ruin your life and be my nurse...

No...I won't be your nurse, you won't ruin anything...this time, I'll be YOUR SeungHyun and you'll be MY Tippy...just like fifteen years ago...