Chapter 6 "SeungHyun Choi"

"it started with a...TWEET!!!"

Have a sit.

Lis said to TOP after receiving him in their place...it was TOP's first time to be there although they've been neighbors for three weeks that was the first time he got inside...

Is there anything you want to drink?

Oh, no thank you...I'm okay.

Well, just...make yourself at home, I'll be back in a sec.

Okay.

Lis went inside her room leaving TOP on the living room...he decided to look around for a while...

 

 

-TOP's POV-

I've never thought their place looks this good...I mean, I've heard G and Seu talking about it but...it's so white and clean...more like a "show room" than a house. Well, they're girls...so...I guess, it's just normal for them to have such a clean room. I walked around the living room...a huge flat screen TV near the window, grayish couch with brown and orange pillows, an oval shaped white coffee table with an orchid and a fashion magazine on top...I heard, T took up Fashion Design, maybe that explains how well she dressed herself... her normal look would be a shirt with weird prints on it, jeans and sneakers or flipflops with her hair usually tied into a ponytail...but she always...ALWAYS looks GREAT, simple yet...EXQUISITE! I looked around...Just behind the white chair is a huge cabinet FULL of books...tons of it! History? European History, Asian History, American History, Philippine History...WORLD HISTORY! they even have Geography!!! T must be the rightful owner of all of these...It can't be Cheeky? Last time I heard she took up Psychology. She doesn't look like one to me but T told me, she's smart. Opposite of the living room is T's room. How did I know? I have my own spy...in the name of Seu! He told me everything about this place...the wall color of each room, the paintings, the furnitures...even the smell of it and I must say, It really DO smell like you're inside a garden full of flowers...so sweet but still subtle enough that it's not overwhelming. I moved closer to T's room...the door is open. But why? I walked slowly towards the door...

Hey!

What the?! I'm just a foot away from My FUTURE GIRLFRIEND's room and her bestfriend suddenly shows up? Gaah!!!

What are you doing?

Uhm...I...ahhh...

Are you trying to get INSIDE Blue's room?

Who? Me?

Yeah, who else? It's just YOU and me in here!

Nooooo! Why would I? I was just...

Just..?

Just looking around and I saw that this door is open so I was just about to close it when you showed up...

Really now?

I'm telling the truth!

Yeah right..."I'm telling the truth!" Stop lying! You know you're not good at it! What should I say to make her believe my lie? G must have rubbed some of his "Sneakiness" to her..."Sneaky Cheeky" Aaahhhh!!!

Fine. I just wanna see her room!

You lying GORGEOUS pig!

Excuse me?

Alright! I KNOW YOU LIKE Blue!

How'd you know? G told you? Aish! I'm gonna KILL that traitor!

Hahaha! Gotcha!

Huh?

Nobody told me!

But...

I took up PSYCHOLOGY remember?

Fudge!

I knew you like my bestfriend! The moment you asked her if you could call her T I knew you like her!

How?

If someone like someone...they tend took possession of that person, by doing so...they tend to find something about that person that they can own. In your case...you want to call her something that you think nobody has called her before.

So...somone is already calling her T?

Yeah!

Who?!

This boy...

Boy..? Boyfriend?!

No! This boy from her childhood...I don't know exactly what happened but...here!

A picture?

Wait! I knew I've seen this little girl before...

B told me...that it was her first time here in Seoul when they took that picture...

-End of POV-

 

-TOP's Flashback-

Excuse me...would you happen to know where is the Grand Hyatt at?

Nan dangsin-ui eon-eoleul malhal su eobsda. (I can't speak your language)

Huh? Can you please speak in English?

Nan dangsin-eul ihaehal su eobsda go malhaessda! (I said, I can't understand you!)

I'm sorry but, I can't understand Korean...

The little girl sat on the pavement with her head on her knees and started to cry...the little boy went closer and sat next to her...

Aleu mos chajgess-eoyo? (Are you lost?)

She looked up and immediately wiped her tears...

Can you please...repeat what you just said?

He looked at her confused...

Slooooooooow...ly please...

She said...the boy seemed to understood her and repeated his question...

Ah...leu mos chaj...geshoyo?

She said while pointing at herself...the boy smiled then nodded...she smiled back...

Ye! (Yes!)

He then stood up and grab her hand...he was running with her...they reached a house just across a park...the boy stopped...and knocked on the door...they were both catching their breath when the door opened with a man and a woman inside...

Appa, Umma...Gil-eul ilh-eun geunyeoneun daleun eon-eoleul malhago! (Dad, Mum...she's lost and she's speaking a different language!)

The boy said to his parents...

Annyeonghaseyo Mr and Mrs...

She bowed to them...the boy stares at her more confused...his parents smiled at her then signalled both of them to come inside...the boy still holds her hand tight...

What is your name Miss?

The boy's Dad asked...

My name is Tippy Gomez sir.

She stood up from her seat and bowed to them again...the boy's Mum arrived with milk and cookies...

I'm Mr. MinHyun Choi and this is my wife Mrs. HyeHyun Choi and that young boy beside you is my son SeungHyun Choi.

Please to meet you Mr. MinHyun Choi, Mrs. HyeHyun Choi and...SeungHyun Choi.

She bowed again...Mr. Choi laughed as well as TOP...

And...my son said that you were lost...may I ask how?

Mrs. Choi asked...she put her glass of milk on the table before speaking...

My Dad and I were on a shopping mall when...he got a phone call, it was really noisy cause we were on the kids playground that's why he went to the corner and he told me not to go anywhere. But...

She's about to cry when TOP grabbed her hand again...

Appa, Umma...uneun geunyeoege an allyeojusibsio. (Dad, Mum...please tell her not to cry.)

TOP said to his parents then put his other hand onto Tippy's head and slowly tapping it...that made Tippy smile...TOP smiled too...

Tippy, I can call you Tippy right?

Oh, yes Mr. Choi!

Haha! Please call me...Appa, just like SeungHyun.

Appa?

Yes.

But...

It's okay...

Okay...Mr...oh, Appa!

Very well...so, do you know your Dad's number so we could call him and tell him where you are right now?

Oh...Yes! Yes, I know Appa!

Mrs. Choi gave her the phone and she dialled the numbers with her right hand while her left hand is being held by TOP...

 

 

Thank You very much for helping her...I was looking all over for her. Thank you very much!

Tippy's Dad said to Mr and Mrs. Choi...

It's nothing...we just did what we had to do and it was really you're daughter, she did an amazing job of being so brave...and she seem to know some useful Korean words...

Oh yeah...I always teach her some few words so...if in case this kinda of thing happen...she'll be able to at least communicate to the locals.

Tippy's Dad said...

Indeed! You did a great job, she is very polite and was very careful on the pronunciation. You raised her well.

Thank you!

Tippy's Dad said then tapped Tippy's head...she then smiled back at him...

Dad, it was really because of...SeungHyun! He made me not cry!

Tippy said then went to TOP's side then hold his hand and swayed it eagerly...Tippy's Dad smiled then went to put his hand onto TOP's head...

SeungHyun ssi...Kamsahamnida! (SeungHyun...Thank you!)

TOP was surprised...he looked at his Mum and Dad...they nodded...

Cheonman-ui malsseum isibnida. (You're welcome sir.)

TOP answered back...Tippy's Dad smiled then touched TOP's cheeks...TOP smiled back too...

Are you sure you don't want to have some tea with us?

TOP's Dad asked Tippy's Dad...

Thank you but...our flight is in two hours and we need to pack our things up. Thank you for helping my daughter again.

Okay...and you're welcome.

They shook each other's hand...

Blue, we need to go.

Tippy's Dad whispered to her...she nodded...

SeungHyun...My Dad and I need to go...Thank you!

She then hugged him tight...TOP was shocked for a while but hugged her tighter in return...

I'm not sure if I'm gonna see you again but...

She's starting to wet her eyes...TOP hold both of her hand...

T...

Yes! My name is T...Tippy!

TOP then bowed his head...

Don't worry...we'll see each other again! I'm sure of it! Here...

She took her hand from TOP and removed her bracelet...

Here...it's yours now!

TOP looked at her...she smiled...

Give me your hand.

She took his right hand and tied her bracelet onto it...

There you go! If the time comes that we'll see each other again and we can no longer recognize each other...you can always show that to me and I will remember you!

TOP even though he can't understand Tippy is looking at the bracelet with so much joy...

I will miss you!

She then hugged him again...

Bye Appa! Bye Umma!

She said after letting go of TOP...she opened the back door of their car...before entering she whispered something to TOP...

-End of Flashback-

 

 

See you soon!

Lis said while having a conversation on the phone...

What's wrong?

She asked TOP who's staring at her...

"See you soon!"

Huh?

She said, "See you soon!"

Who? What?

That's what she said to me...the night before she went home with her Dad...she said "See you soon!"

Are you okay TOP? I can't understand you.

That little girl...T...she's the girl who gave me this!

TOP showed his bracelet to Lis...

What? Wait...are you saying, you know B...I mean Tippy? That you were the boy who called her T and that you were the boy to which she gave her favorite blue bracelet? You're...SeunHyung? Mr and Mrs Choi's son?

TOP nodded...

OH...MY...GOSH!!! B would be surprise to know this! How will I tell her? I need to practice..."Uhm...B, I know that you were tired from your flight but...there's something you need to know" Gosh, how will I say it?

Lis so anxious to tell Blue what she just found out...

Uhm...is it okay if...I tell her myself?

TOP asked...it took a while before Lis replied...

Sure! I mean, it's about the both of you...so, sure...but, if you need help with anything...just tell me and I'll help you with it!

Thank you...

Well then...let's go pick her up?

Oh yeah...

TOP replied with a nervous tone...

To the Airport!!!

Lis shouted...