Chapter 8 "Call me Mom"

"it started with a...TWEET!!!"

I'm back...

TOP upon hearing this immediately hugged Blue and started crying...

Hey, please don't cry...I didn't mean to...

Before she could finish speaking he let go of her and touched her face...He was about to kiss her when...

I'm hungry...

She said then grabbed his hand and closed the car's door behind her...

Can we eat? I'm so hungry...

TOP speechless...

Or...not?

She then let go of his hand and turned her back on him....

I'm sorry...

They both said in unison...TOP grabbed her hand and twist her body slowly to face him...

For what?

She asked...

I didn't mean to...

Before he could finish she put her index finger to his lips then smiled...

That's okay...

Really?

TOP tried to speak even with his mouth covered...

So...can I kiss you?

Hahaha! Let's eat!

She grabbed his hand again and started walking...

So, any favorite place? My treat! Since you picked me up at the airport and you've waited for me for...fifteen years...

Excatly fifteen years and two days today!

Really?

Yup!

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back...

She said then squeezed TOP's hand...TOP stop...

Hey, it's okay...the wait was all worth it...

But...still...I lied to you.

Lied?

TOP is now holding both of her hand while facing each other...

I...I, have no idea it was you not until I had the chance to look more closely at your bracelet, when you was about to ki...when you hold my face, I was able to see it more closely...when I first saw you with it I thought they just look similar and when I knew your real name I just thought Koreans tend to have the same names...I was in denial all those times...

But, you weren't able to recognize the bracelet? Why?

I'm not the only one who own one of those but like I said...I know if it's mine if I can look at it more closely...

TOP let go of her left hand and looked at his bracelet...

I don't see anything on it that says it's yours except that its really yours...

Here...

Blue pointed on the second bead from the lock...they're both staring at it...

It's small so it's not that easy to see but if you'll look closely...

"T"

Yup! I tend to put my initials on my things...in that way I can always say it's mine...

I have this for fifteen years and I didn't noticed that not even once...

Hahaha! That's the purpose...I'm the only one who should know...it's like a code!

So, all of your things have this?

Not all have "small" initials but most of my things do have my initials on it, except my clothes I guess...

TOP put his hand on top of her head...

You really hasn't changed at all...

 

 

Why do we need to ride the subway? Isn't too dangerous for you?

Blue ask TOP upon walking down the stairs...

It won't be...they all know I'm on an interview with GD and I can always use this...

He then took out a cap right from the inside pocket of his jacket...

And?

All I need to do is to hide my white hair then it would be hard for people to notice me...

Hahaha, your hair sure is 'eye catching'...

We're going to our house...

Your house? Mr and Mrs. Choi's house?

Yup!

We should at least bought something for them...

They bored the subway and decided to sit at the end corner of the train...

You sound like you're gonna be seeing your in-laws...

I wish I was...

Excuse me?

Huh?

What you said? I didn't get it cause the door alarm was so loud...

Huh? I didn't say anything...

I saw you opening your mouth...

I just yawned...

Okay...

 

 

This is us!

TOP said when the train stop...it was snowing when they went out of the station...Blue looked up and smiled while letting the snow touch her face...TOP grab her hand and started walking...

How come you're not wearing extra clothes? Didn't you heard it's gonna snow?

TOP ask her upon seeing her shaking a bit then took off his jacket and put it over Blue...

No it's okay...

It's not...you're shaking...

Thanks...

They both walk a lot faster this time...he's still holding her left hand with his left hand while his right hand is on top of her shoulders...

Here...

Blue stop and let TOP share the jacket with her...

It's o...

No, we'll share or I'll take it off?

Fine...

He then wore the left sleeve of the jacket while Blue wore the right hand sleeve...they laughed at each other cause they're like two fools who just happened to share each of the sleeve of the jacket...

 

 

I'll just knock...

TOP said to her then took off the jacket and knocked on the door...

Who is it?

The person from the inside ask...he looked at Blue and they smiled at each other...the door opens...

SengHyun!!!

Umma!!!

TOP hugged his mom...

It's snowing why aren't you wearing a jacket? Quick! Get inside before you catch a cold...

Hold on mom...

He then went to get Blue...his mom was surprised...

Tippy!!!

Mrs. Choi shouted...

Annyeong Auntie...

Blue greeted her then bowed down...Mrs. Choi ran towards her and hugged her immediately...

You're so big! Beautiful! Look at you...Omo!

Mom, let's continue the happiness inside...T's cold...

Oh yes! Come here...let's get you warm...

Mrs. Choi immediately went to the kitchen and went back with milk on her hand...TOP and Blue looked at each other and smiled...

Here...drink this right away...

Thank you Auntie...

Thanks mom...

Tippy honey...call me 'mom' please...you're part of the family...

Blue was shocked she spilled some of her milk on her hand...TOP immediately went to her side and wipe her hand with his handkerchief...

Mom...what are you saying?

Why? She IS part of the family.

Mom...

SHE IS! She's been since the first time you brought her here when you two were young and she never stopped checking on us since she left...

Huh? 'Checking on us'?

TOP stood up from Blue's side and went next to his mom...Blue stood up too...

I'm sorry...

Blue said...

Wait! Why are you saying sorry?

TOP confused now...

You're mom is right...I've been checking up on your family ever since I left...I always call her and your dad...I'm sorry...

But...

TOP sat on the chair next to him...Mrs. choi went next to him and hold his hand...

SeungHyun ssi, your dad and I didn't told you cause it's for the both of you...

'For the both of us'? I can't understand...

It's okay Auntie...I'll talk to him...

Blue said...Mrs. Choi nodded then went to the kitchen...

I'm sorry...

T, please...tell me everything first before saying sorry...cause my mind is so confused right now...

Okay...your mom is telling the truth, I've been calling since I left...

Up until when?

Yesterday...

Yesterday?

I told auntie that I'll be back here...

And why didn't YOU told me?

I just don't wanna complicate things...

Well, now it is!

Top...nobody mean to...your parents didn't...it's just that...

What?!

TOP stood up and went closer to Blue...

I've waited for fifteen years...I thought you're just busy...I never even entertained the thought that you forgot your promise...and, now you're telling me you don't wanna complicate things? T, please...you're making me go crazy here...

He's now holding her hand tight...they looked at each other and started crying...