Chapter 6

When Life Gives You Kris Wu

 

8am - 9am | Literature

9am - 10am | Mathematics

10am - 11.30am | Break

11.30am - 1pm | Korean

1pm - 2pm | Geography

2pm - 3pm | History

 

[Kris’s POV]

Riiiiing!

I watched as Tao and Baekhyun ran out of the classroom, sighed and continued to hover above Chanyeol who was packing his books. “Hey, Chanyeolo. Let’s go eat. It’s break.”

No response. The kid looked sulky as he ignored me on purpose.

“Dude, are you okay?”

Chanyeol stood up, ramming his chair into the desk behind him. A nerd cried out in annoyance. “Hey! What the hell was that for?”

He spun around and flashed the middle finger. “You. Shut up.”

Normally I would have laughed and started making fun of the nerd. But this time, it was creepy how scary he was being. Was he really that mad because I’d kind of sold him out?

“And you. I never want to see you again!” Chanyeol flashed me the middle finger as well, storming out of the class.

That was pretty dramatic, but… he’ll get over it.

I snorted. With both hands in my pockets, I began walking to the cafeteria.


 

******


 

[Tao’s POV]

“Thank you so much,” Baekhyun gushed for the hundredth time that day. “I could never have been able to partner Chanyeol without your help!”

I took a bite of my sandwich and gave a cheesy smile. “No problem.”

“Really, I mean it!” He said again. “Thanks so much, Tao!”

“I said it’s fine.” I mustered another smile.

“Really, thank yo-”

“I GET IT!”

Before Baekhyun could apologise for pissing me off, a lunchtray slid onto our table. Both of us glanced up at the same time to see who it could be. Who the heck would sit with the weird people at lunch? It’s basically earning yourself a reputation as a ‘weirdo’.

“Ayo whaddap,” Kris said as if nothing special was happening. The usual bored expression was plastered on his face, like it was no big deal that he’d come to sit with us.

Okay. Let me get this right - Kris wants to earn himself a reputation as a weirdo.

“Heeeey,” I muttered slowly, casting Baekhyun a what-the- look every 5 seconds. “What’s up?”

“Hi!” Baekhyun chirped. “Can we get Chanyeol to come over as well?”

.

.

.

You know those memes on the internet, that always seem to have this accurate way of showing how you feel in different situations?

Because this is exactly how I feel like now.

“No, Baekhyun,” I hissed. “NO means NO.”

Hidden meaning:

YOU BETTER NOT GET KRIS’S ENTIRE CLIQUE TO COME TO OUR TABLE OR I’LL RIP OUT YOUR BALLS ONE BY ONE IF YOU EVEN HAVE ANY

“Why?” Baekhyun pouted, chewing on his casserole. He so did not get the hidden message. “It’ll be fun! Besides, I like making new friends!”

Kris gave a strained smile, not wanting to seem like he was making a big fuss out of this. It was already degrading to sit with the two of us and now Baekhyun wanted to attract more attention by getting his crush to come over. Ha-HA, Bacon.

Did I just say that? Woah. Now that I think about it, this opens up endless possibilities towards his nicknames.

“Well…” I could hear the carefulness (is it a word? Who cares, I’ll learn it in English sooner or later) in his voice. Obviously trying not to hurt dear Bacon’s feelings. My heart filled with sympathy for the boy.

But the question I really wanted to ask was, did your eyes malfunction, or else why are you sitting here?


 

******


 

[Kris’s POV]

“Well… I really would like to bring him over as well, but I’m afraid he’s pretty annoyed with me now. Maybe next time!” I flashed an awkward, un-Krisuslike beam at poor Baekhyun, whose ears were already drooping at the thought of angry Chanyeol. Oooh. Not nice at all.

Baekhyun started freaking out. “Why is he angry? Is he angry at me? Why?”

“Huh?” I was caught offguard. Damn it! “He definitely isn’t,” I said reassuringly, trying to leave out details of what exactly happened. No one needs to know about how he flipped me off. “I think Chanyeol just... needs some time, you know? Alone. And all that.

Cue a relaxed shrug when I'm actually all tensed up. Eating lunch with them is actually more stressful than being in class.

“You know, Bacon,” Tao began. Hang on, what did I just hear? “Chanyeol isn’t even in the cafeteria.”

He isn’t?

I spun around to survey the people in the cafeteria, meeting a lot of gossips in the process. Basically, everyone was whispering to one another and staring straight at me.

Oh wow. So inconspicuous.

“Hey, I’ve got to go.” I stood up from the seat and dusted my jeans, leaving the lunchtray which I’d barely touched. “But before I go, give me your numbers. The two of you. Now.”

“For what?” Both of them seemed genuinely baffled and I tried not to roll my eyes.

“We’re classmates. We should stay in touch. Now hurry up - hand me your phones.”

I tossed mine over to Tao and he handed me his. After swapping numbers, I passed mine to Baekhyun and saved his in return.

“Okay, we’re done,” I smirked. “See you guys!”

With that, I walked out of the cafeteria without a backward glance. Texting this guy is going to be so much fun. In fact, I’m probably going to bust my phone bill on this.

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry for not updating in time ;AAA; Have you guys already forgotten this story? Please don't ;~;

So I worked really hard on this for you guys! (I like the memes bit hohoho hope you people didn't find it annoying)

Please, please comment?

All subscribers and comments are loved ^^