Chapter 1

When Life Gives You Kris Wu

8am - 9am | Philosophy

9am - 10am | Geography

10am - 11.30am | Break

11.30am - 1pm | Literature

1pm - 2pm | Mathematics

2pm - 3pm | Korean

 

[Tao’s POV]

Philosophy.

Is.

First.

Period.

Why is my life like this?

I groaned to myself and tried to not to show the annoyance on my face. Not only did my mom practically gag me into transferring here, they also had the worst subject in the world for first period.

Sighing, I crumpled the timetable into a paper ball and chucked it into my locker.

Yep. Everyone hark at my sad life.

As my eyes scanned the contents of the locker, someone shoved me roughly from the back.

Watch where you’re going, I thought with a pissed look but quickly remembered that I was new here - it was best not to make any enemies on the so-called first day of school.

“Watch where you’re going, kid,” the stranger growled at me. My jaw fell open.

What? Watch where I’m going?

Where I’m going?

And who is he to call me kid?! I barely look a year younger than him! His curved-in eyebrows don’t particularly make him look charming, either!

“S-Sorry,” I stammered, trying to act like the shy new student I was supposed to be.

I ended up getting ignored. He turned up his nose and walked past with a snort, loyal followers rushing behind.

Cursing under my breath, my face heated up. Jerk.

He turned back to face me. My God, was he born with sharp ears or what?

“er.”

What?

“Uh, you more?” I replied uncertainly, still unsure if what I was doing was the right thing. Offending anyone significant on the first day of school was bad, bad bad bad - I shuddered to think of the consequences.

face smirked victoriously and opened his mouth.

“You harder.”

Then he left with his clique, all of them laughing their heads off.

Huh?

What did he mean harder?

.

.

.

It took a while for my brain to process.

.

.

.

What the...

UGH!

And I thought people here would be more innocent!


 

******


 

[Kris’ POV]

We walked down the hallway, ignoring all the squeals and murmurs as usual.

“What homework do we have?” Sehun asked as he tucked both hands into his back pockets. As if on cue, everyone shot him the are-you-being-serious look.

“What?”

“This isn’t the first day you’ve been hanging with us, maknae,” Chanyeol said accusingly. “Why the heck are you asking us about homework?”

“The old fogey said he’d send me for detention if I don’t hand up my work today,” Sehun shot back, his face pissed. “Would you like to see me go for detention?”

Chanyeol’s face cocked up in a smile. “Yes.”

“HYUNG!”

“Shut up, guys,” Luhan said as he rolled his eyes. “We have better things to worry about, like Philosophy! Has anyone even prepared for today’s test?”

“Nobody cares.”

“Shut up.”

“You already told me to, and I didn’t listen.”

“PARK CHANYEOL STOP IT!” Luhan screamed. People started to stare at us.

“Aw, little lover’s so polite,” Chanyeol sniggered back.

I heaved a long sigh and tried not to roll my eyes...

Honestly, I could do better than hang out with these people. After all, there’s a reason why I’m the leader of this little group. I’m obliged to ensure they seem less stupid than they actually are.

“Hey, you okay?” Kai said, tapping me on my shoulder. “You’ve been zoning out ever since they started talking.”

“I didn’t hear you talk much either,” I replied.

He shrugged. “I have better things to do than join in their brainless conversations.”

“So have I.”

I rubbed my sore shoulder rather grudgingly, remembering the loser who'd bumped into me on my way to class. Do you know who that guy was? The one we saw just now?

Kai tilted his head. “How am I supposed to know?”

“Connections,” I pointed out. “Besides, I didn’t find that guy particularly likable. Rather amusing though.”

“Come on, hyung.” Kai shook his head and laughed. “Are you serious? You’ve set sights on someone different now?”

“Have not.” I glared at him. “What’s wrong with just wanting to know more about someone I dislike?” I stressed on the word ‘dislike’ so he’d shut up.

He raised both hands in defeat, not wanting to argue with me. “Well, from what I’ve heard; he was forced by his mother to transfer here and isn’t happy about it. He’s younger than all of us here except Sehun, and -”

“His name.”

“No idea. Didn’t ask.”

“You have time to find out about his family background and age but no time to ask for his name?” I facepalmed myself.

“Yeah.”

Kai ... sometimes you can be so stupid.

 

 

******

 

 

[Tao’s POV]

Clutching my books to my chest tightly, I entered the classroom and chose a seat near to the window. This place reminded me of my old school ... I missed everyone so much.

I propped my chin up using one hand and stared out into the school gardens, watching everyone have fun with their friends.

Wish I was back in China.

“Hey!” Just then, a cheerful-looking guy plopped down next to me. “Can I sit here?”

“I guess. If it isn’t taken.”

He laughed. “I don’t think it is.”

“Sit there, then.” Shrugging, I turned back to my books and began flipping through them. My peace barely lasted for 5 minutes when he suddenly poked his nose in my direction.

“Do you like Philosophy?”

He was definitely trying to strike a conversation with me.

“By the way, I’m Baekhyun! Nice to meet you, what’s your name?” The guy - Baekhyun - smiled and extended his hand towards me in a friendly manner.

I hesitated for a while and saw his eyebrows furrow slightly.

“Um … Tao.”

Baekhyun nodded pleasantly and was about to say something before a hand slammed down on my table. I jerked up in fright, only to come face-to-face with face.

He leaned down towards me with a threatening glare.

“Get off my seat.”

 

 

 

 

I love all my 65 subscribers so much :'D

First chapter will always be boring ... o__e ;; There's a lot of weird things to be written first LOL.

And yes, I got the "you harder" joke from one of my sick friends xD /shot

Comment?

Because I'm not updating if I get no comments ;__; And I'll feel very sad. /sniffs

 

SUBSCRIBE + COMMENT = MORE UPDATES WOOOOOOOOOOOT!