Chapter 7

MASKED FEELINGS

Few days later

Curtiana: I had that dream again last night. That night, that very awful night…that day, my life was destroyed. Nothing can compare how hurt I was during that night. It may not be physically, but just everything, everywhere, it just hurts too much. That dream I cannot forget, no it was not a dream, it was a nightmare. Everything just keeps repeating, but last night was different. This time, the images were clearer like it was a movie scene shot by means of a high definition camera. Instead of being in awe, I was more of remorseful seeing that scenery in such a way. It is just so clear. The face of the man who killed her, I get to see his features clearly again. Even though I only saw him in a matter of seconds, his face is engraved deeply in my head. My feelings weren’t incorrect, it is really him, he killed auntie Jade.

I was brought back to reality when the door of our room slammed open. I was a random student…well more of he is my classmate, I just don’t know who he is since aside from Su Hee, Jae Rin, Soo Cha and the giant nut shell, these people around me are barely strangers to me. Not a single one of them snatched my interest to get to know them better. I am even having a hard time coping up when Su Hee’s around. I’m really not into acting, socializing rather around other people.

“Great news everyone!” That random student announced as he stepped in front of the class, “Ji Yong and Seung Hyun will stay in our class for two months!”

I don’t know why everyone started to cheer like mad upon hearing his announcement. Is there anything to be happy about their existence in our class?

“In exchange, Hyo Rin and Woo Jin will be taking their spots in their class.” He added.

A random girl suddenly stood up from her seat with this displeased look on her face.  “Why me? This is so unfair! I always wanted to be in the same class as them!” she retorted.

“Dude,” the guy in front stared with a smirk, “Daesung  and Taeyang will be sitting beside you, while Seungri sits behind you. Is that unfair? Okay then, let’s tell the professor to-“

“Oh no! no no no!” she said raising a finger, “I’d love to go.”

Since I do not have the tiniest idea about what they’re discussing, I decided to do stuffs by my own and not listen to their conversations. None of it matters to me anyway. As I pulled out my medicine from my bag, Su Hee suddenly appeared in front of my desk, looking as red as tomato.

“Oy! You heard that! Seung Hyun and Ji Yong will – wait, what’s that?” she stopped upon seeing me chew my capsule.

“This?” I raised another capsule and stuffed it in my mouth. I slowly went closer to her and whispered, “drugs.”

Her expression turned 180 degrees from redness to paleness. I just giggled in delight. Of course these are not drugs. Why would I take them? I am just seriously having fun doing these stuffs to people. It refreshes my soul.

“Y-you…you can’t take that…here…” she said in so much stutter.

I laughed, “Chill man! These are just vitamins! Want one?”

It’s fun to around, really. She’s so innocent and pure. After she left, I decided to lean back on my chair and just let the remaining time before our next class starts be spent this manner. I’d rather stay here than to mess with Soo Cha’s dearest friends again. They’re actually not here in the room, but I know they’re somewhere inside the campus, I just don’t want to start another mess with them. Probably if I see them mistreating anyone around, I might not stop myself from intruding in their business once again. Well actually, earlier this day, as I entered our home room, there was a pail of flour hanging above the door frame. I know it was supposed to be a prank for me but a random student just suddenly rushed ahead of me before my foot stepped in the room. So yeah, instead of me getting hit, he was the one who got poured on. As I strolled to my seat, everyone was looking at me in disgust. Just then, I realized that Su Hee was also covered with flour from head to toe. I didn’t have to ask her what happened, I trust my instincts very well, I know it was them.

I hurriedly grabbed my medicine bottle again and picked another tablet. I rushed to put it in my mouth and swallow it.

“That vitamin sure is delicious, huh? Eating six capsules in a row since the break started.”

I quickly looked behind, knowing who owns that ugly deep voice. I always hated this sitting arrangement of ours since the giant nutshell just sits behind Soo Cha, who is actually sitting beside me. Just think of how close we sit with each other. There’s no time he never smirks at me every time my eyes sets on him. This bastard.

“I’d rather believe your statement earlier…” he smiled, “those are drugs.”

I returned the smile as well, “Oh, so you’re watching me.”

“Not that I want to. Your weirdness just stands out among everybody else.”

I smiled wider, probably more of hiding my annoyance. “You talk a lot now, don’t you? That is good fo-”

“Is this seat taken?” An unfamiliar voice interrupted. I immediately looked ahead and realized that someone is actually standing beside my desk. I followed the path to where his finger is pointing – Su Hee’s seat.

I straightened my back in an instant, “ah, yeah, that-“ 

“Oh no! no!” Su hee rushed from Jae Rin’s seat to hers, “No, this seat is not taken. Please feel free to sit.” She did this weird way of grabbing all her things from the desk and taking them away. It's crazy in a way that, she's not looking at her things, her eyes are just set on this guy beside me.

It’s her seat! How come…

As the man seated on Su Hee’s seat, I get to see another tall guys standing behind him.

“Soo Hyuk, anyone sitting there?” He asked, referring the seat behind me, just beside the giant nutshell’s place.

So, they knew each other.  Hearing how comfortably he calls his name, it seems like they know each other for so long already.

“Yup, it’s taken. Go find another seat.” The giant nutshell responded without even looking at the person he’s talking to. He’s so engrossed with playing in playing with his phone.

The tall guy rushed towards the seat and leaned back comfortably. Seriously, didn’t he hear what the giant nutshell just said?

“So it’s decided!” he said excitedly, “I’ll stay here!”

Thinking thoroughly, I’ve seen these people back then…Right! At the cafeteria last week! The tall guy with blue hair and the blonde guy. Probably they’re those students my classmates were referring to earlier; the people who will stay with us for two months or whatever. I just shrugged off whatever is with these two.

“Excuse me?” the blonde guy called my attention, “correct me if I’m wrong, you’re Curtiana, right?”

I was surprised, of course. But I didn’t make it too obvious that I was. Well, it’s strange, the fact that he knows my name…ah! Probably that’s because of the juice incident last week. Who would have not be famous after that incident?

“Yes, I am.”

He turned sideward from his seat so that he could shake my hand, “It’s been a long time, how have you been?”

Eh?…We know each other?