How It All Started

I'm Your Love, Venus (Sequel to When I Met Him)

I stared far into the hallways wondering where in the world could Jaehyo be. I was sitting at the bench, our so called meeting place, as usual before going home. Jaehyo assured me that I was going to be dead meat if I did not heed any of his instructions. Therefore, being the good girl that I am (which I'm not), I waited patiently for Jaehyo at the bench. Just a few moments later, I managed to catch sight of him but he was unusually unhappy that particular day. 

"Hey what's wrong?" I asked as he approached me. He looked damn pissed off with something that I could not even think of. "You okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay," his tone of voice filled with coldness and anger. I could sense the scary atmosphere that he was giving off at that point of time. "Let's go." He instantly grabbed hold of my wrist and dragged me out of the school premises. I did not dare tell him that he was holding on to me a little too tightly as I could still sense that he was still pissed off. Jaehyo had planned to bring me to a famous ice-cream shop that was just a few minutes away from school. I was kind of excited that he wanted to bring me there at first but after seeing him in this condition, it looked like everything was going to go wrong.

"Alright Jaehyo enough with all this bull and get it straight to the point. Tell me all about the guy you have been angry and pissed off over!" I scolded with my spoon pointing to his face.

"I don't wanna talk about it," he replied while he was looking away. Obviously still pissed.

"Stop it with the crap and tell me now." I urged him to spill the beans over this guy he has been angry at since the day we stepped in here.

"Alright here it goes."

Jaehyo's POV

FLASHBACK

Lee Howon is his name and the both of us have been the best of friends ever since we were still in diapers. His family ran the biggest, the most famous investment company in the whole of Asia while my family owned the biggest and grandest clothing line in the whole of Korea. Both of us are heirs to our family's business and so, we are pretty much alike. I was glad to have met and grown up with him due to the close relations our families had with one another. Lee Howon, Hoya for short, was like my brother from another mother, or so as they say it. Long story short, we were really close till we regarded one another as a brother. 

Hoya and I went to the same school and we have always had girls falling for us whenever they see us in the streets or in the television. Whenever I face any problems -be it school work or family business- Hoya was the one whom I will approach first no matter what. We grew up liking the same things and we have the same principles in life. Unfortunately one day, because of his selfishness, our worlds were torn apart.

"Jaehyo," Yuna started. She had been my first love in high school and the both of us have been together for about a year now. My heart would start racing whenever Yuna talks or even gets near me. To me she was like a pure gem that had to be protected all the time. "I have been meaning to say this for a long time now but I think right now is the most appropriate time."

Yuna turned around to ensure that she had the coast clear before continuing further. "Ahn Jaehyo, you know I love you right?" She asked, her eyes looking at her fingers fumbling against one another.

"Yeah, I know." I replied. "And I will never let you go till the end of this lifetime." I looked at her with a calming expression. As seconds ticked by I could feel my face burning up.

"Well... Jaehyo you're too much," she mumbled. I could sense that she was flattered by my words which made me all happy inside.

"Haha yeah I know but my love for you is just not able to be expressed through words."

"Well.. ermm.. I'm not trying to sound mean or anything right now but... You are too much. In fact, too much for me to handle. You are too kind and too sweet for me because of this, I believe that you deserve someone better than me." Yuna then changed her attention to me. Her eyes were interlocked with mine.

"W-what do y-you mean I have to find somebody else?" I asked, worry filled my whole body.

"It's just that.. You're too good for a girl like me."

"No I know I'm not. I'm just right for you. Don't do this to me!"

"I know it's hard but.. Life has to go on Jaehyo. I'm sorry," Yuna concluded. I expected her to be as sad as me but instead she was as cool as ever. "I'm sorry it has to end this way Jaehyo. Goodbye." With that, she released her grip from my hand and went off into the horizon. I was in shock when she just left me like that. Too good for her what was she talking about? I'm perfect for her and why is she this cold towards me? I became as stiff as ever after the incident. All I had all this while was her and only her. I knew it - Good things will never last.

A few days after the tragedy that struck me, I found Yuna lingering along the corridors of school alone. I was beginning to gather up all my confidence to approach her when suddenly, a guy slightly shorter built than I was approached her and automatically linked hands with her. My heart dropped at the sight of it and I felt that it was too much to be handled by the weak me. I began to follow them closely from behind as I was curious of who the guy she dumped me for. I trailed behind them as silently as they could so that they would not be able to find out I tailed them. The moment I was waiting for had soon arrived when they went into the cafeteria. I followed the guy to the counter where he went to buy food for Yuna and himself.

I went next to that guy and managed to pull him away from the counter just by pulling at his collar. He jerked behind as soon as he felt me tugging on his back collar. My eyes widened in shock as soon as I figured out who he was. My blood started boiling. My body was not able to respond to anything. 'Impossible. Impossible!' I thought to myself, my hand still firmly on the guy's collar. That guy made eye contact with me and the both of us froze as we made eye contact.

"Hoya?"


Cliffhanger! Next chapter? Coming up! - Admin M.