- Time Stops when I’m With him –

FRIENDZONE

 

 

I was sick last Saturday so I didn’t go to work; it was a lonely day because I didn’t get a chance to see Jinwoon and I didn’t make his favorite dessert. Though it was only a day absent at work but I already miss him. Until, Saturday in the evening, someone’s knocking at the door. It’s him… Jinwoon.

I opened the door.

 

“Hey, you really are sick… let me take you to your room… come here.”

 

Jinwoon worries as much as I do, I don’t know what the heck is he doing here and I only have my fever, it’ll don’t last long. And also I looked horrible and stressed, it’s really embarrassing in front of him. He took me at my room and helped me tuck in my bed.

 

“Here you go…” Jinwoon smiled.

“Aren’t you busy at the radio station?

“When I came to your café, one of your employees went by and handed me a coffee, I was looking for you and there, I asked if you’re around, one of your employees again said that you are absent today.”

“So I came here to check you if you’re okay and I were right that you’re not okay.” Jinwoon continued and smiled.”

“But…” Gyuri don’t know what to say.

“Hey it’s okay… I don’t have any appointments tonight so I’m staying here with you.” Jinwoon smiled.

 

I really have my butterflies in my stomach; I don’t know what to do but to smile while I’m lying on my bed. But I really feel hot and dizzy this time.

 

“Let me check your temperature.”

“Look on that cabinet.”

 

Jinwoon took the temperature on my vintage style cabinet. He put the thermometer in my mouth. After minutes of waiting, he puts out in my mouth.

 

“Hmmm… your temperature is really high! Wait here, I’ll get a wet towel for you and make some soup.”

“But I already have eaten my dinner.”

“No, you must eat again and also join me I’m still not having my dinner.” Jinwoon smiled.

He looked again at the cabinet to get a towel, went outside the room to get a bowl of water and came back to Gyuri’s room. He put it on Gyuri’s head then he went at the kitchen to make some soup.

 

After a few minutes, Jinwoon made a Baechu Gook for a late dinner. He went to Gyuri’s room; he saw Gyuri was too weak to eat by herself so he helped Gyuri to eat the soup he made. He also gave Gyuri a medicine to make her feel better.

 

“Thank you so much Jinwoon for being here tonight.” Gyuri smiled.

“It’s no biggie… I’m worried you know that?”

“I’m sorry Jinwoon… I’m so sor…”

 

Gyuri fell asleep while she was holding Jinwoon’s hand.

 

“It’s okay… I enjoyed taking care of you…” Jinwoon replied with a smile on his face.

Jinwoon slept beside Gyuri’s bed.

 

Early in the morning as I woke up, I saw Jinwoon on my bedside still sleeping. Omigod! He’s still here! And what am I wearing? A new clothes again… he changed my clothes! Wait… did he changed me while his eyes were open? Or while were close? I’m still a little bit hot. Dizziness was gone but I have a quite headache. What to do?! My mind goes insane as I think what will happen if he ever gets awake. Oh wait… I can feel him, he will be awake soon… shall I pretend that I’m still sleeping?

 

“Gyuri?”  Jinwoon still a little bit sleepy.

 

Gyuri pretend to be asleep as Jinwoon is finally awake; he stretches his arms and put his hand to Gyuri to check if she’s still hot.

 

“It’s not that high anymore… I should make some breakfast.”

 

Jinwoon went downstairs and to the kitchen to make their breakfast. While Gyuri got out of her bed and trying to sneak to Jinwoon. Jinwoon already felt Gyuri’s presence.

 

“Come out now…”

“How did you know I’m here?”

“I just know…” Jinwoon smiled.

 

There’s a quick silence between them, Gyuri came close at the table to see what their breakfast is.

 

“Just a simple egg toasts and soup huh…”

“Why? You don’t like it?”

“No… I love egg toasts!”

“Really huh…” Jinwoon was not convinced.

“Try this one…” Jinwoon continued.

“This really tastes good!” Gyuri smiled.

“I know you’ll like it!” Jinwoon smiled.

“You changed my clothes…”

“Yes, but my eyes were closed.”

“Is that so?”

“I’m telling the truth…Sorry for changing it; it’s just that you’ll get your sweat dry on your back.”

There’s a silence between them for a while.

 

“Thank you…” Gyuri smiled.

“You’re welcome, hey here’s your medicine, take it okay…” Jinwoon smiled.

“Okay and I’m sorry you leave your work today, it’s my fault.”

“Don’t worry… It’s okay… It’s just only a day.” Jinwoon smiled.

 

Gyuri hugged Jinwoon…

“Thank you so much.” She whispered.

 

It feels like time stopped for us today, I’m very happy…

 

Jinwoon stayed at Gyuri’s house the whole day, He waited her to fall asleep then went home by evening.