Beyond

Kim TaeYeon calls me Oppa

        It had been a week since you had talked to or even seen TaeYeon, she ignored your messages and calls, you don't even think she listened to the voice mails as you threw your phone down on your couch.  You laid face down next to it as you felt like giving up on life.  A glimmer of hope formed in your mind as you heard your ring-tone, looking at the name at the caller you scowl in disgust at the three letter name embedded into your phone.


        "Hello mother," you answered, wondering what sort of outrageous request she would have for you this time.


        "Oh, you are alive, good," she started apparently not too concerned with the well being of her son.  "Anyways, your father and I are hosting a party soon, you should attend," it sounded like an invitation but you knew very well that it was her way of saying, 'attend this and make us look good before we rid you of your inheritance,' of which you mostly lived off of at the moment.


        "Yeah sounds like fun," you faked happiness at the request.


        "You should bring your girlfriend as well, as I always say, never show up without a date," it was as if she knew and she was punishing you for it.  Thinking of TaeYeon, you laid down sorrowfully, wanting to end the conversation with your mom.


        "Yeah, will do," you answered, not about to spill your personal problems to someone who would critizise you.


        "Good, it's tomorrow I hope you can make it," she finished, leaving you with the phone pressed to your face as the sudden realization that you didn't have a reliable way to contact TaeYeon formed into your mind.  Not that you thought she would go with you at this point anyways.  You stood up and walked into your bedroom, opening the closet to look for your tuxedo as you scrolled through the numbers in your phone to find someone who might be willing to attend with you.


        Eyes stopping on a familiar name, you immediately knew this was a bad idea before pressing down on the name to select call.  Holding the phone to your ear, you wondered if she would even pick up after the awkward encounter.


        "Hello?" the response came to you as more of a question as the familiarly high pitched voice reached your ear.


        "Hey, what's up?" you started normal conversation hoping that this plan would work but somewhere in the back of your mind you knew that if you followed through, your relationship with TaeYeon could be beyond repair.


         "Um, shopping, you?" Jessica responded, you could tell she was uneasy by the tone of her voice.


        "Uh, well I have this thing to go to tomorrow but I don't have anyone to go with and if I show up alone I'll get in trouble," you explained vaguely, hoping that she would agree to go with you even though you felt guilty just talking to her.


        "Are you inviting me to a random event as your date?" she asked, suspicious of your motives.


        "Uh," you stalled for a moment, "If I said yes, would you go with me?" at this point you wished you had more female friends that you could rely on.


        "I thought you had a girlfriend for that?" you began to think that the world was pitted against you as you had to continuously relive the pain of TaeYeon running out the door.


        "Currently she's ignoring me, I'm asking you to show up with me for appearance," you said honestly, knowing that your persuasive skills were rusty.  Pulling the black suit out of the closet, you laid it on the bed and continued to wait for her response, you figured she must be thinking since she hadn't hung up yet.


        "So we just have to appear to be dating?" she asked and you felt slightly relieved at her interest.


        "That's the plan,"


        "Okay, what should I wear?"  You smiled, grateful for her cooperation in this situation.


        "It's formal wear," you answered, "Jessica?" you wanted to make sure that she was still there.


        "Mhm,"


        "Thank you," you finished, you could hear her laugh slightly before she hang up the phone.  It wasn't long before you heard a soft ringing noise signaling that you had a message from Jessica.


        'If I'm going we're playing by my rules.  I'll be ready by 10' you read the message, smiling to yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------
A.N. I know the picture has nothing to do with the story but it's comforting to know that if a guy really broke her heart that there would be someone there for her.  <3  (Side note, I don't ship TaeNy.)