Story of us[Hoya one shot]

There and back again(One shot stories)

 

The 7th of March will always hold a meaning for her. It was the day she learned something that would be valuable for her her whole life. She learned how to get past herself and listen to the others. She learned how to look at herself, she looked at him for the first time then.

 

Now it’s 7th of March two years later and she is putting aside the boxes she unpacked and counts the boxes she had yet to unpack. Dusting the shelves and going through all the books in the boxes was a hard task so she decided to take a much needed break.

 

Sitting down she sighed and looked around the room. It was quite a new apartment, being used only once before by the former owners that had sold it to her, and the rooms were spacious. It wasn’t something that grand but it was perfect for her.

 

Suddenly while looking at the shelves she saw something shiny between two regular books. Curiously she lifeted herself up and walked over to pick up the shiny book.

 

Seeing the engraved covers and the torn state of the book, that was in fact a notebook she recognized it immediately as her diary, her life story written there on the pages of the notebook, life pictures, their story, their chapters, their life together, their sad moments, their separation…

 

With a shaky hand she realized the was more curious than afraid. She wanted to re-live those moments, even if they passed a long time ago she wanted to read them once again and go back to what happened, for it was the greatest story of her life.

 

Opening it her eyes started scanning the pages…

Chapter 1

 

This is my first day using a diary, I am so excited, it’s also my first day of highschool...

 

She knew those first chapters, just as well as she knew the chapters that she wanted to re-read, but she wanted to read only those chapters, she had time enough to read it another time. Browsing through the pages she found the one she was looking for.

 

Chapter 56

 

It has been a long time since I got to write, but I was really busy, entering the college is tough work. I had to get used to all the teachers and all the classmates, and I feel like I’m finally starting to get the hang of it.

 

But sometimes I just think it is too much work. I feel like I want to crawl somewhere and stay there until the world disappears, that or I disappear.

 

I had one of those feelings today just wanting to go home and sleep, when I bumped into someone. It was not much so I just apologised.

 

‘It’s fine, I am sorry too’ the voice was deep and I looked up to see a quite handsome guy. I smiled softly. It was the first time I was seeing him, but I can’t say I wouldn’t search for him. He was quite cute.

 

Smiling to one another it seemed as if he wanted to say something else when his group of friends interrupted us.

 

‘Oy! Hyung!!’ with another small smile he nodded his head as if he wanted to say sorry again and turned around and left.

 

[ There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles

Same old, tired place lonely place

Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy

Vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you]

 

Her heart stared to beat faster and faster. She remembered clearly that day, she also remembered that she didn’t give it a second thought until she met him again and this time they started speaking for a longer period of time. They stood in that library for hours on end talking about themselves.

 

He was smart and he seemed to see right through her, yet he wouldn’t say anything lettin her reaveal her life herself. She knew she had found a good friend.

 

Until she realised she found him more than a good friend…

 

Chapter 78

 

My heart was beating faster and faster today. I had no idea what was it that was happening to me. Could it be the fact that I saw Hoya today with a really pretty girl in his class? He told me they were doing a project together. I told him he shouldn’t justify to me like I am his girlfriend.

For a second a thought crossed my mind but I pushed it back panicked.

 

What if I wanted to be his girlfriend?

 

For him to treat me sweetly. It is not as if, as a friend he doesn’t do that already, but it would be perfect if I could change the suffix of my name. Not ~~~~~~ the best friend, but ~~~~~~ the girlfriend.

 

But it was a very short thought because I killed it straight then and there, it was stupid, no I didn’t want that to happen. I wanted to focus on other things, plus how could he like me? I was plain old me, he was…Hoya…the cute, manly dancing machine.

 

He is perfect at everything he does. Especially with his dancing and rapping.

 

‘Hey ~~~~~~’ he called me. I stopped and smiled at him forcely and he furrowed his brows knowing that something was wrong. ‘Did something happen? Did the teacher give you a hard time again? Was it that stupid colleague of yours? If it was tell me-‘

 

I shook my head. No, it was not that. It’s you! But I couldn’t say it out loud so I just forced a smile and turned around after responding. ‘I’m fine! Really! Just tired and tomorrow I have an assignment that it’s tiring! I’m going home now!’ I declared and ran away.

 

[The lingering question kept me up, 2 a.m., who do you love?

I wonder 'til I'm wide awake

Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door]

 

She forgot that day that it was Friday, and that the next day it was a free day from College, she forgot that day that they were supposed to gather at her place and watch a movie. It was tradition already, to meet together at hers or his place and watch a movie together.

 

But she forgot all that.

 

Chapter 79

 

I completely forgot to postpone the night with Hoya oppa last night, but it was oka, because I think he was offended. He didn’t come to watch the movie. In some way I feel relieved because I could stay away from him, and part of me feels sad and insecure.

 

What if he got mad at me? It wasn’t in my intention to brush him off like that.

 

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts and I went to answer.

 

It’s him. And it’s raining outside. And he’s wet from head to toe, the droplets of water going down his cheekbones, his well defined jawline-at that moment I had to do everything in my power not to jump on him-and then only to be stopped by his clothes.

 

‘What-‘ but before I could utter the question I was pushed to the wall and his lips found mine in a desperate kiss. I was so surprised that for a few seconds all I could do was stare and try to understnd what was happening, and then as if on cue, my eyes closed slowly and I placed my hands on both of his cheeks and returned the kiss just as desperately.

 

I didn’t care that I was getting wet, at that moment I didn’t care that I did not know the reason he was doing that, at the moment it did not matter that we were going slowly but surely towards the bedroom.

 

But it happened.

 

And I couldn’t care less about what was to happen after that.

 

[Wait there in the pouring rain

Come back for more

And don’t you leave cause I know all I need is

on the other side of the door]

 

She remembered the day after. It was as if she had been transported to another world. Where she had been asked by Howon to be his girlfriend, where the next morning she woke up in his arms lulled back to sleep by the steady rhythm of his heartbeat and waking for the last time by the smell of breakfast.

 

When she got downstairs she remembered she was asking herself what had really happened. But when she saw him cooking and smiling happily to himself she knew it was all real, but she had too many questions.

 

Chapter 80

 

‘Good morning’ he greeted me with a sweet kiss and I stood there dumbfoundead.

 

Seeing my expression he knew he had some explaining to do so I prepared myself and stood down on the kitchen stool waiting for him to continue.

 

‘I know it was all so quick. But…before I met you I didn’t know what it was like to smile for no reason…You are so amazingly... wonderfully... beautifully... awesomely... maybe... no most definitely the most precious of all precious things…I guess what I am trying to say is…that I love you.’

 

Just then I have found for the first time how it was to cry out of happiness

 

I love you forever and always.

Looking at the pictures that adorned the pages she remembered all of their dates, all of the good times, how their imperfections clicked with eachothers, how her imperfections were his perfections and the other way round, how it was to wake up into the arms of someone she loved and loved her back.

 

How it was like to know the true meaning of love. To give soemthing to someone selflessly and to receive something in return.

 

And for six months they practically moved in together. Friday was still the night for movies, the only difference now was that now, next to her toothbrush stood his, in the morning the coffee and tea and breakfast would be for two, she had to have another bath towel for him always, and she had to change the sheets every three days.

 

She smiled remembering how like a honeymoon couple they were acting. Still best friends but lovers at the same time.

 

Her brows knitted together. It wasn’t only like this though.

 

He got busier and busier, he was less and less around her, and that hurt her pretty much because she got used to being dependent on him, and she realized she hated that feeling.

 

And that was when the big fight happened.

 

Chapter 256

 

I’m crying. I left his house in a storm. We were having an argument, and I just left. I told him I couldn’t stand it anymore. He tried to stop me, but I just left.

 

I told him to leave me alone, I didn’t mean it, but it got out of my mouth. Now I’m so ashamed. I want him back, but I can’t do anything about it.

 

I want to see him outside my door. I want to hold him I want to cry into his arms and him to tell me everything’s okay.

 

Because it’s not

 

[In the heat of the fight

I walked away

Ignoring words that you were saying

Trying to make me stay

I said "this time

I’ve had enough "

And you’ve called a hundred times

But I’m not picking up

Cause I’m so mad, I might tell you

That it’s over]

 

She remembered those two weeks without him how torturous thay have been. She was full of pride, she couldn’t, no, better yet, wouldn’t say anything to him. She was scared of rejection. And once again she fell into her non sociable full of problems girl.

 

He could see her like that, he knew of her inner struggle, but he was tongue tied every time he tried to tell her something. He too was afraind of rejection. Until one day he couldn’t take it anymore.

 

Chapter 275

 

I woke up alarmed when something was knocking at my window. I was scared out of my mind. What if it was a burglar, but something in my mind told me that this was stupid, how could it be a burglar when they usually didn’t knock. That was the whole point. I got out of bed slowly and walked over towards my window trying to see who or what could be out there. There was a black silhouette and I almost screamed but then it threw a rock into the window.

 

I opened it wearily. I knew who it was. At least I knew who I hoped it was.

 

‘I love you babe, and everytime I see you I just want to hold you in my arms and never let go because you're the girl that fills all the little dark places in my heart. I’m in love with you’

 

I let go then.

 

[Me and my stupid pride

Are sitting here a lone

Going through the photographs

Staring at the phone

I keep going back over the things we both said

And I remember the slamming door

And all the things that I misread

So baby you know everything

Tell me why you couldn’t see

When I left I wanted you to chase after me]

 

She learned a valuable lesson then. That no matter what happens she must listen to the other side of the conversation, she must listen to the person on the other side of the door.

 

Looking carefully on the last page of the diary she saw that it was another entry, completely different from hers. And it wasn’t even her writing, but she knew who it was that wrote those word there. She teared up reading them.

 

‘You deserve the world, and I know I can't give that to you. So I'll give you the next best thing....my world. I love you future Ms. Lee, my fiance, my wife and mother of my children’

 

Getting a pen she started to think hard.

 

Last chapter

 

Life is wonderful. Re-reading the chapters I realised that meeting you, Howon, was the most beautiful moment in my life.

Our first kiss, when you asked me to be your girlfriend, our first date, and many others that followed after that, our first real fight, when we got back together, the patience you had with me made me realise that I love you so much.

 

And now that-

 

‘Babe, what are you doing?’ she looked over startled to see him in the doorway raising an eyebrow at her.

 

‘Nothing.’ She got up and kissed him running her hand on his chest. ‘I just realized that I love you’

 

‘Just now? You shouldn’ve thought about that before you agreed to marry me’ Hoya snorted, ‘what would our kids say if their parents were married but didn’t love eachother’

 

This time it was her turn to raise her eyebrow. ‘Kids?Yah, Lee Howon, we didn’t even have our wedding and you are already thinking about kids!’ she squealed when he lifted her up and started to walk towards the bedroom.

 

‘Well, if we want to have 10 then we might start now’ a slap echoed through the hallway.

 

’10??!!’

 

- The end!

This is it. Another one shot because it is Hoya's birthday, and because of certain circumstances i am becoming more of an Inspirit. But my fav will still be Sungyeol even though i don't have any one shots written with him

This is for my friend Ioana. A Hoya's cuteness addict!

 

Hope you enjoy it!

Do not plagiarize, every similarity to other fanfictions it pure coincidence! I do not own the characters except for my own!

 © eatxlistenxlove