You Are The Approved One

A Loner's Dramatic Love Story

I sat there being on cloud nine with what I've just seen. Gyuri was smiling widely than she ever did to me. I guess the secret behind the gloomy her was all because of her father. But guess what, they're facing each other now, and talking how a daughter and father should talk. I felt so happy at that moment. I almost shed a tear due to the over extremely happiness. But I held it in. What am I doing? I'm a man! Show your respects and strong side to her father, not this.

Hours passed with laughter, secrets, bragging and discussion. In the midst of the talking, her father suddenly cut her sentence by asking, "By the way, you should keep your boyfriend company. He seems invisible now that you've met me. I should make food for you guys. There's not alot you know about me Gyuri. One of the things is I'm a pretty good chef. I can be your pattisier for your marriage if you want too," ending it with a laughter.

"Ey~ dad, are you really going to be like this?" Gyuri replied jokingly.

Dong Wan continued, "Well what then? It seems like you and your boyfriend have already left deep impressions of each other already. I've missed out on everything. So come and tell me everything while you help me cook some Bulgogi. And Kwangsoo, feel free to look around the house. There's a room filled with Gyuri's stuff that I secretly took with me when I left her and what her mother has sent me. You know how I didn't want to completely forget about my daughter, right?"

As I left them being happy, I went to the room where lots of Gyuri's stuff were hanging, showed and framed. From dolls into decorations and drawings that were handmade by Gyuri. Some were even still in their boxes. On the boxes were the adress from where Gyuri lived in with her mother. All the packages were directly sent to this address.

I went through every little toy, drawing and whatever I could find about Gyuri around this room. I was fascinated by how she managed to endure well without her father, although she drew a drawing that had her father. I could understand how she missed him a lot. I'm just glad they're doing well now. As I went through the dolls, Dong Wan shouted, "It's time to eat! Come on Kwangsoo! Let's eat before it gets cold."

Pfft. As if it was going to turn cold.. the food was still warm. Of course her father is just being chic. He's a city man after all. I helped Gyuri set the table. The table looked well decorated with food as if it were Chuseok. He didn't just make Bulgogi, but along with a couple of sidedishes that Gyuri especially loved. The sidedishes were done before we even came. He still thought about Gyuri and that was what made him make these sidedishes. No wonder he's doing a big thing today. It was the return of his one and only daughter. I couldn't be more glad to be a part of this happy day.

Dong Wan was the curious and talkative type so he asked, "Kwangsoo, what's the deal with you both now? My Gyuri just smiles and goes along with everything. I need a confirmation from you judging that you're the man. What will be your plan?"

I slightly coughed and almost choked, while I reached out for a glass of water. I replied, "Excuse me? Yes sir, may I have your permission to propose to Gyuri? Although I might not exceed to your expectations, I will make sure to always be on Gyuri's side until the day I die.. then I will be inside her heart and mind."

He replied, "Wow look at you being more romantic and cheesy than I was in high school. Well what do you think Gyuri? I accepted it already ever since you brought my Gyuri home, I knew how caring you were from the start. Most importantly, I know from Gyuri's eyes too, that you're the only one she loves. I appreciate for you caring so much about my Gyuri even if it wasn't for her entire life time when her mother and I left her."

Gyuri couldn't help but blushed.
"Kwangsoo, are you really going to marry me? Was that really a proposal just now?" she asked jokingly.

I reached out my hand in order for her to grab it. But she was looking at me with the face that stated, "what? what now?", so being a man, I dragged her up without thinking of my manners. But looking back to her father, he smiled at me. I'd take that as an acknowledgement.

"Gyuri. This may be the happiest moment of my life. I haven't seen you smile this big like this when you were with me. I finally came to the point that it was your father that you missed the most. You wanted a man to turn to. Basically your father. The one you can talk to about everything when you need to. About guy problems and such. But instead, please let be the other man in your heart. I will be by your side no matter what. I don't care what people say about us, I just want to spend the rest of my life with you. Although this isn't the prettiest spot to give a proposal to, I want it to be the most memorable place. Although I may be the clumsiest person, give me a chance. Although I may not be the fashionable one right now, please love me for who I am. So Gyuri, will you marry me?" ending it with a kneel and a proposal ring.

Gyuri shed tears of joy. I turned to her father that was clapping and cheering us on by saying, "kiss her!", "get married!".

While I was about to kiss her, she stopped me and said, "Where did you get this ring and when did you, without me knowing it?"
I smirked and said, "I have my connections."

"Yes! I would love to marry and spend the rest of my life with you. I love you!," as she ended it by grabbing my shirt and dragged me in for a kiss.