Hopeless and Powerless

A Loner's Dramatic Love Story

I loved waking up by her side. Seeing her eyes still closed and sleeping deeply. Probably in dreamland too. I couldn't have the guts to wake her up. But she suddenly woke up. I got shocked so I turned around. She laughed with a sweet smile. Even her morning breath is perfect. She had the guts to turn me around. Staring at each other perfectly for a long time. I loved staring deeply into her eyes. It's full of pureness.

It was morning. Time to get up....
She already woke up; judging the fact that I overslept while I looked deeply into her eyes.

Gyuri was making pancakes. She's not the type of girl to love korean food alot, but she mostly loves western food. Although it wasn't anything hard and alot, she still made me pancakes with the shape of a heart. Not only that; she gave me bacon and sunny side up eggs to complete a whole person.
It was me. She ended the finishing touches with chocolate sauce making it as my curls on top of the head.
This was the nicest thing anyone had ever done to me ever since my parents and grandmother died. I've never felt so happy.
I didn't want to ruin the food and said, "I can't eat this now.. It's too precious to be eaten."

She replied, "Just eat it. Consider it as this is you eating up the past and forgetting the bad things. From now on, it's me and you buddy."

"Eyyy~ Why are you being like this?" I blushed and said.

We were in the midst of eating when suddenly a knock on the door came. We were looking at each other with a questionable expression.
The funny thing that we have in common too, are the funny expressions. I know that she doesn't really have it, but the sweet thing is, she only does it to me.
Pretending to me. Basically being my everything.

Gyuri leaned on the table, heading towards my forhead. She gave me a kiss. A peck, but it was still a kiss, as she said,
"Wait here ok honey? I'll get the door."

I waited and waited. I didn't know time flew since I only kept on eating and smiling. I called out her name. But she didn't reply. It was absolutely quiet. Not a single soul could be found. This was getting weird and creepy.. I was wondering what happened, so I stood up and went to find her. Where could she have gone to? I stopped. My feet were like the pedals of the car. It was rushing when it had to, and break giving me a mini heart attack before I crashed into something.

I was standing completely still in front of the door. She was gone. All that I could find were trails of blood and an envelope that was sealed.. with blood. I didn't dare to pick it up. Am I dreaming or something? I must be dreaming. This can never happen in real life. Not to my one and only soulmate and forever love!

I decided to open it for once. Being all brave and such, even though I was shaking like an earthquake you could easily feel. I slowly opened the bloody envelope. It contained a picture and a message. This was like what I saw on TV. Like basically only on TV. I didn't actually know this could happen. All I've believed in were my parents words; "They aren't real, those scary stuff you see there, don't happen in real life.. so don't worry."
But mum and dad! WHY. WHY, did you say that? Who knew this could actually happen in real life?

I rushed through the door, following what I could by the blood trails. She was obviously beaten to death.
When I suddenly looked straight ahead, I found a couple of girls trying to get her into the trunk of the car. I could see they were girls by their long hair being blown by the wind as they ran and of course what was clear to identify their gender; s.

How could they do this? Who sent them? Those thoughts came to my mind, when something suddenly hit me. It was of course that damn Sunggyu. I certainly did be able to read between the lines now. My heart was rushing with adrenaline. All pumped up and ready to kick Sunggyu's right then and there. I knew I would be dead by the time I entered the place. Although I didn't know where exactly it was, I am so ing ready! 

I was running thinking I could catch up with the car, when I suddenly stopped, and started to think it was worthless and hopeless. But then, a traffic jam appeared and I was standing right beside the car. They looked beside and had eye contact with me, and it was as if they all saw a ghost. They ultimately changed their expressions, as if they just saw a beggar now; telling to move out of the way and go and beg someone else. I was going all scooby-doo'ish inside of me... you know, like, "WHY I OUGHTA~~ RUFF RUFF!"

My heart keeps yelling that I'm gonna die if I react back. I know that I'm a wimp, but you don't have to remind me that you stupid heart! I can't just stand here doing nothing when the love of my life is in the trunk making noises and practically screaming to death. So I did. I confidently saw them right in their eyes. They weren't afraid at all. I made my move. About to open the door, when I suddenly made the turn and rushed to the trunk to open it. It was unlocked! I opened it. I did it! I can finally get her back. I rushed taking her out although I was still in my pyjamas and the people sitting in their cars around me, were wondering what the hell I was doing.

5 minutes past. The next thing I knew, I was sitting between the y girls all tied and sealed. I could still hear Gyuri crying for her life. How could these girls do this? I know it's not for them but mostly for their job being y slaves for Sunggyu. I tried as politely as possible by mumbling, "Isn't it hard for you to always do what Sunggyu tells you guys to do?" 

They weren't the type of stupid girls who couldn't understand what I said. They actually heard it loud and clear,
when they snapped back and replied, "Just shut the up giraffe. You're already tied and sealed, so now you and your little girlfriend here are about to die."

I didn't have the guts to reply back to that. But this has seriously gone too far. A little bullying in the school grounds could've been all, but this? Completely unexpected from Sunggyu's expression of pointing at me with that look at the park that day. I still remember it and can't seem to forget about it either. Sunggyu's haunting me... wherever and whenever.

30 minutes had passed. We entered a small street outside town. It was quiet. The roads were quiet. Practically everything was. Is this an abandoned street? I couldn't help but gulp loudly while the es around me heard me and kept teasing me by saying, "Oh would you look at that, he's certainly a big wimp. How could that girl have such a lame boyfriend?!"

While they were talking, all I tried was to figure out how to get the hell out of here. Whether it had to be now or when we got out of the car. But everything I thought of were useless. Just like me. Gyuri must feel really bad to have a real lame boyfriend such as me. I can't think straight!

We finally arrived. In a abandoned building, that fit perfectly for this abandoned street. Smoky, dirty and typical grudge movie kind of place. It was dark with just a couple of lightbulbs hanging down from the ceiling. And those two chairs there... were of course the place for torturing me and Gyuri. That's it. I'm putting my lover's life in danger. Why did I have to do this since the beginning?! WHY, did I just have to in? 

After sitting on the chair and being worried to death for 15 minutes, Sunggyu entered the place. Knowing where his target was fixed on. It was me.
He was soon right in front of my face giving me his evil smile while he looked at Gyuri and chuckled. 
I knew what he was thinking. By hurting Gyuri he'd get to make me suffer even more. Well, he's right, I can't blame that. He knows my weakness now.
BUT NO. Come on Kwangsoo, just snap out of it! Save her!

I hesitated. I sat there all frozen. Gyuri-ah~~ sorry. Sorry for not being able to protect you until the end. Sorry for being your boyfriend.
Sorry for putting your life in danger, and mostly, sorry for letting you meet me. Sorry is the only thing I can continuously say right now. Only to you.
My one and only love.. Park Gyuri.