Side By Side

A Loner's Dramatic Love Story

You know what I actually felt then? Mentally I was seriously fanboy'ing over her. I just can't help but have those smiles like I used to; happy, shy yet weird smile. I felt like kissing her. She's the one mum and dad! Just look at her. If you guys would've been alive, you would know this situation. Your first son, is experiencing love for the first time! I was willing to change everything for her. Whatever it had to take me. But she kept denying. She likes the real yet weird me. When can I ever meet another girl as her? I didn't believe in fate until now. All those ty love stories that authors write, I didn't believe a single thing of it. Even though I read every single page, this is just crazy. How can a thing from a book pop out from real life?!

She asked me if I could be her boyfriend. I couldn't answer. She looked at me again, wondering if I was going to reject her. It wasn't that of course. I just couldn't reply. I seriously must be dreaming! At the end I replied by using a low dark stuttering voice, "Y-y-yes.."
She smiled. She seemed happy. The only thing I keep on worrying about is for Sunggyu, his gangs and how this will work between this . 

"Are you thinking of something I should know of?" she asked with a questionable face.

"No, nothing, I'm just worried for your reputation at school tomorrow. How Sunggyu and his friends will react to our relationship. It might even be the talk of the school for many years," I answered worryingly.

"Don't worry about that. We love each other don't we?" she asked as she ended with a smile.

Love... 
Love is a really strong word. Didn't it come too fast this time?

"Love? .. Isn't that too early to say?" I asked.

She didn't reply. Instead she just smiled and looked at me right in the eyes. That face of hers is of course really hard to avoid.

We talked and talked. Much more detailed now. Still using honorifics, but we both decided that we could drop that 'cause we're close now. Close?! This is more than close for me. She's my ing girlfriend! The wind blew her wavy hair and showed me more of her pretty face. It was really like an angel coming from above. 

We laid down on the green, soft grass. Looking at clouds. Just like what I saw other couples did. This is our first time though, yet we've already come so far. Am I rushing things, or is she? We were perfectly picturing the clouds on which kind of animal it looked like. She even said that the cloud that looked like a monkey, looked like me. If I wasn't lovestruck, I would've been mad. But I held it in. Considering how kind, pure and beautiful she was.

I noticed one thing. We were orphans. We're too old for fosterhomes. But how come she's living alone? Who's providing her life, food and such, I thought. I myself inherited some money off of my parents companies. I couldn't get the companies because I was too young and they believed I was irresponsible. I need to find a job soon, and once I do, I will make sure I provide my girlfriend's living. 

The day was almost coming to an end. It was 10 pm. The city lights were on, underaged girls walking with all those mini-dresses on their way to clubs were spotted. This is when the night life really started. I haven't been outside later than 10. I'm the biggest loner and loser. I obviously had no friends. All I used to do was stay inside my room right after I came home, literally stalking people; just to get the latest news and gossips around school. I admit. I was desperate. But now that I actually have the "real thing" beside me, it's so great that my heart keeps on jumping like a kangaroo. 

Since we were still in the park, we eventually decided to take a stroll to the beach too. She told me she didn't like the city noises and all those drunk people walking by with stinking soju smell. I agreed and we just went. I could have never denied what she needs. It's up to this extent that I love her. I don't know how this will go on the future, but I hope we have kids and get to be grandmother and grandfather. It's everything I wanted. It's everything I wanted to show to mum and dad. I'm glad they can see everything from above.

As we walked and held hands, we looked at the starry sky. Both of us like staring up towards the sky. It was our thing. Looking down would now be the trademark for being sad and shy. She stopped. She started taking off her cardigan. Wouldn't it be too cold? Ok, I was now thinking what most erted guys in class thought of. This was obviously my first time... It was "that". She was showing cleveage and her shoulders. But no way. We wouldn't have done it here and now? It's way too early.
Thank god it wasn't. She wrapped me up with it instead as she said, "Gwangsoo oppa~ don't be worried about tomorrow on how people will react to our relationship. Let's confidently walk through the corridors. Hwaiting~~!"

I couldn't help but smile and say, "Why are you so brave? It's the guy that's supposed to be it."

She kept denying and replied, "No~ girls can be brave too. Especially to wimps like you." ending it with a mehrong~

She was too cute I could die. Although she loved teasing me, I didn't mind at all. This is the greatest gift I've ever received in my whole life.

After an hour of strolling in the beach, we decided to go home. But she didn't feel like sleeping alone tonight, so I invited her home. This would be my first guest in the house too. I'm proud that it's my one and only girlfriend. She could've gotten the guest room, but she refused. She wanted to sleep with me. She kept making cute faces that I just couldn't refuse her, but just blush and stutter.

"Don't think of that kind of sleeping. I'm just thinking of usually sleeping. Side by side, with clothes on." she said happily.

I was relieved so I smiled and nodded.

It was 23:30. Lights off.