It Was My Pride

A Loner's Dramatic Love Story

 

I was born on the 14th of July 1985 on a rainy day. Why did it have to be a rainy day, mum? Rainy days are bad luck, but I thank you for making me as tall and good looking as I am now. Why can't people accept the fact that I'm good looking? I miss you and dad. It's been so empty without the love from you. You'll still be appearing in my dreams like every single day, but do pop up in real life soon. 
 
I'm 18 years old, and don't you think it's the time where I should be getting a job and having a girlfriend? It's spring now, and I've been seeing couples lately walking under the cherry blossoms. People stare at me on how ugly and ridiculous I look like. I even hear them say that not even a beggar would date me. But I wasn't the only one alone. I saw a girl.. a really fine girl.. 
 
Am I dreaming?
Am I in a theater? The spotlight is on her. Only her. The girl is just perfectly sitting there on the grass, reading a book with the purest beauty I've ever seen. 
Butterflies flew right in my stomach and hit me in the guts. It was a feeling I never felt before. Not even since my birth. People were starting to wonder why I was staring at a damn pretty girl as her. She caught me. . I turned and made it look like I was picking up a phone call. She had a confused face, wondering why I was staring at her. Of course, who wouldn't react to have a creep staring at you with awe? I can't even face her. 
 
Wait a minute. Someone came. It was our school's ulzzang. No-one would reject him. He goes by the name, Park Sung Gyu. 16, dark hair and with the finest muscular body around school. He could beat someone real bad if he's disturbed. He sat down doing all sorts of aegyo to the one he seemed to love; that girl. Seeing this situation, it would be best for me to keep a distance. But my mind and heart kept rejecting. I ended up listening to what my heart said; to hide behind a tree and just spy on every little movement they do.
 
15 minutes had passed. They were just doing what seems to be like couples were doing; just talking.
They didn't realize I was spying, but people walking by noticed.
Sunggyu suddenly stood up, with a furious voice and yelled, "Why can't you do what the hell I want you to do?!" ending with a slap on her face.

The girl tried to resist the pain with a straight face, ".. And yet why the hell do you get to order me around? I have my own life to take care of!"

I didn't have the guts to walk there and stop it, neither did the people walking by.

Sunggyu continued as he said, "Your parents are dead! You have no siblings! You can do whatever you want! Yet you still refuse to do everything with me?!"

"Don't you ever talk about my parents like that and making it sound like I'm a ing !", as she cursed and yelled back.
 
I've never seen Sunggyu so furious before. It was probably the first time he ever got rejected by someone. 
He couldn't stop his anger and continued to yell and slap her. 
 
Why am I not rushing towards her while I'm witnessing all this? And why aren't people stopping him either? Most importantly, where the hell are the police?! But I just can't.. I can never face her. Not even in a million years. I suddenly heard something I never heard until now, it was yelling furiously inside of me, "Stop being a damn and go and rush to her you damn fool."
 
Alright, I did it. I think she's the one. Wouldn't you also help the person who you'd think would be your one and only soulmate? Before I even realized what I was doing, I appeared right in front of Sunggyu's face. Now hesistating if I should hit his face. His face is too precious to hit, and if I do hit it, I'd be dead.
Suddenly, I punched him. I punched as hard as I've never done before.. not even to a punching bag. He was lying on the floor bleeding. But Sunggyu takes everything easily, considering him standing up again in less than a minute. He now continued and asked me for a fight. Oh lord. What have I done? I shouldn't have in. I'm dead now....
 
Sunggyu threw his hardest punch on me. I've seen him punching people this hard, but experiencing it, is another thing. I now felt how it was to get hit by Sunggyu. I knew his power. I couldn't believe it. Lots of people were walking by, yet none of them bothered to help me. The police never even came...