we meet again..

The Promenade

 

A month passed and the house was just quiet. I haven’t talk to anyone of my family yet about the pregnancy thing after what happened. I just keep quiet, thinking on what to do or say next. I’m just glad they understand that I need to be alone to secure my thoughts. Zelo told me he loves me and cares for me. He keeps on looking after me and plays with in my room rather than doing other things. Siwon-oppa already went back to the states to continue his study since vacation’s already done. Though, even if he’s busy with school works, he keeps on calling and asking on how I am doing. As for my parents, they were just quiet for a long time and I just don’t have any idea right now on what they are planning to do on me and the ‘thing’ inside my tummy.

“So,  Sooyoung, what plans do you have in my mind?” It was my Dad who breaks the ice during dinner.

“Huh?” I simply replied and look at him. “What do you mean plans?”

“ Classes will start after a month, and as we all know, you are pregnant. What are you planning to do now?” My dad asks in concern tone as he looks at me. I, on the other hand, went speechless because I don’t know how to respond with that question. Of course I want to continue school and carry this baby but I don’t have the guts to say it, knowing that my dad will get mad.

“Sweetie, remember that we’re always be here for you, okay? We’ll support whatever decision you’ll have that is right.” My dad said, reassuring me. I look at my mom and Zelo, they were smiling at me.

I look down, shut my eyes and take a deep long breath. “I want to keep the baby.” I said silently but with firm in my decision. I open my eyes and look at them. I saw my mom in tears, dad in the same smile as he gave me earlier and Zelo with a grin plastered on his face. “You’re not mad?” I muttered as I observe them.

“Were quite disappointed on what happened but we are not mad. We’re happy alright? This is just tears of joy.” My mom said as she wipes her tears.

“I’m so happy noona! I’m gonna be an uncle!” 10-years old Zelo cheered in his seat.

“What about school Sooyoung?” My dad asks me.

“I want to continue and graduate this year but with my condition, I can’t go and face the people in school.” I said as I look down again and look up. “I guess I’ll enrol myself in home school instead.”

“Okay then, We’ll do that. First thing in the morning, you’ll go to the hospital and have yourself a check-up alright? Zelo, you accompany your sister. After that, you go straight to your umma’s.” My dad said with a grin on my face. I didn’t expect him to be happy about the thought that he’ll be having a grandchild in my age.

“What did Jaejoong said about the baby?” My mom asks all of the sudden. Upon hearing Jaejoong-oppa’s name, I suddenly feel sad. Without knowing tears are already running in my cheeks. What happened if Jaejoong-oppa finds out about the baby?

“Sweetie? Why are you crying? Is there something you want to say to us?” My mom asked and caress my right hand. “Say it sweetie. We won’t get mad.”

“About that.. Jaejoong and I broke up.” I said and wipe my tears. By that cue, I told them everything. How I promise the night in the prom to Siwon-oppa that I won’t do any foolish acts during the party, how I found out that I was pregnant, deciding not to tell Jaejoong about the baby and breaking up with him after graduation. I feel devastated and selfish after what I’ve done. I can’t help myself but to keep on crying. I didn’t know anything on their reaction. I look at them and they were just silent. I can’t stop myself from crying and excuse myself from dinner.

I went to my room and sit in the bedside. I take out a picture from the coffee table drawer. It was Jaejoong-oppa and me during Valentine’s day. I keep staring at Jaejoong’s picture and tears drop in the picture frame.

“Oppa, I will always love you. Please don’t forget me.” I said as I hold the necklace I’m wearing in my neck.

 

--------------Six Years after----------------

*Jaejoong’s POV*

Years had passed and I still can’t get over with Sooyoung. After the sudden break up after graduation, I feel low and decided to get myself busy rather than be a loner and be traumatized with what happened.

“Do well in college oppa ‘kay? Make sure when you come back, you’re a bigtime lawyer already!” Sooyoung said as she happily plays with my graduation cap after the ceremony.

“Then, what will I get if I’m a bigtime lawyer then?” I asked as I rest my arms in her shoulder.

“Hmmm.. That depends. What do you have in mind?” She asked as she keeps playing with the graduation cap.

“If I get back, we’ll get married.” I said with a smirk in my face.  I met every word when I say that.

She stops and looks at me, “Get married? You really.. see your future with me already?” she said in a sad yet happy tone.

“Of course, you’re my last.” I said and kiss her forehead. “Now, will I get that?”

“Hmmm.. that’s risky,” She said, pouting her lips. I bend my head and give her a peck.

“Whatever happens, we’ll be together. Forever.” I said as I intertwine my hand to hers and give her a passionate kiss.

I hold on the promise necklace that we have. Yeah, we have a couple necklace and we promised that we’ll always wear it no matter what happens and to show that we still love each other. And yes, I still do love her.

I was walking at the school ground of Cambridge University when I decided to visit the Law Department. I went to Law Department and see students crowding the bulletin board. Some were jumping for joy, some were in tears yet are happy, others are dumfounded, disappointed and the rest? They were still curious in a certain list of the bulletin board. ‘must be the list of graduating students then,’ I laugh at the thought reminiscing the fact that I was like them before while looking for my name in the board.

“Hero!” I heard a familiar voice calling my name. I turn around and see the Tiffany walking to me. “If it isn’t Attorney Kim Jaejoong, what brings you here?”

“Nothing, just visiting the university.” I said, smiling at Tiffany. “So, you still work here?”

“Yeah. I find it more interesting teaching law students than being on field. I hear you’re going back to Korea. Hmmm, I’m jealous.” She said smiling at me. “As much as I want to, I can’t since I’m busy teaching than building my own law firm.”

“Yeah, I’m going back and that’s for good. Besides, there’s this one person I want to see when I get back.” I said, smiling as Sooyoung’s face flash in my head.

“Hmm.. is that the Sooyoung girl again? I envy her. After what happened on the both of you, I guess both of you are destined to be together then. ” She said. I laugh at her bittersweet thought, ‘that’s if we are still destined to be together’, I mentally replied on her. “Anyway, when’s your flight?”

“Tomorrow morning.” I said. “So, you better tour me around on what had change in the university before I go back.” I said and we went walking around the university.

The following morning, I get my things and lock my flat. I get a cab and went straight to the airport. I’m a little bit early for my flight and decided to chill in the waiting area. A few moments later, someone sits beside me. I didn’t bother to look who it is and keep my concentration in my phone.

“Oppa?” I hear someone said beside me. I look up and wad shock seeing the first person I want to see when I get back in Korea.

“Sooyoung?”

_____________________________________________________________

“Jaejoong-oppa, it’s nice to see you.” She said after seeing me with a warm smile.

“I didn’t know you’re in America.” I shuttered,  I didn't expect to see her here, specifically NOW. “H..How have you been?”

“I’m doing good. We had our vacation here since oppa can’t go to back to Korea because of Family Business.” She replied casually. “You?”

“I’m doing great.” I replied and was about to say something when someone called me.

“Hero!” I turn around and see Tiffany waving and running towards me. “Finally, I’m still on time. Here, the department wants to give this to you. Don’t forget us okay?” She said in between breaths and hand me the paper bag.

“Kamsahamnida Tiffany.” I said with a smile as I get the paper bag. I was about to say something to her when she suddenly hug me.

“You take care of yourself alright oppa?” She said as I hug her back.

 

*3rd person POV*

Upon seeing Jaejoong, Sooyoung feel really happy inside for after years, she finally see her love of her life. Not long, after the quick greetings, someone called Jaejoong from behind. Upon seeing a girl running towards them, Sooyoung suddenly feel jealous.

‘I guess he already forgot me.’ She thought as she waits for Jaejoong to introduce her to the girl. Unfortunately, nothing happened. They keep on talking and talking as if Sooyoung doesn’t exist. Her silence stop when she gasps with wide eeyes when Tiffany hug Jaejoong as Jaejoong hugs her back. ‘I no longer exist in her world, she even calls her oppa.’ she sadly thought and was about to move away when they look at her.

“Oh, Sorry. I didn’t know that someone’s with you. Silly me.” Tiffany clumsy said and looks at Sooyoung.

“Oh, it’s okay.” Sooyoung politely said. “I was about to go now anyways.”

“Ah, Tiffany, this is Choi Sooyoung, my girlfriend. Sooyoung, this is Hwang Tiffany. We were classmates in Law School. She’s working at Cambridge now.” Jaejoong said, flashing a smile on the face when mentally he’s panicking on what may Sooyoung thinks on the hug.

“Girlfriend?” Sooyoung suddenly said after hearing what Jaejoong said earlier. She’s confuse now on how to react on what he said.

“Ah.. I mean, my friend.” Jaejoong said, correcting himself. ‘Aigoo! Why did I say that?’ Jaejoong mentally scold himself.

“So, you’re the famous Choi Sooyoung then? I heard a lot about you since Hero and I was in Law School.” Tiffany happily said to her. “You’re prettier than in the description and the picture.”

“Thank you.” She politely said, yet she still feels jealous from what happened earlier. ‘I shouldn’t be jealous. Oppa and I were done a long time ago.’ She thought again though her heart still screaming happily upon hearing the word ‘girlfriend’ from earlier. 

“Noona! There you are!” Out of nowhere, Zelo, who’s now a fully-grown 16-year old, run towards Sooyoung, with a five-years old little girl in the back.

“Junhong! How many times do I have to tell you not to run especially when you’re carrying Soo Jae?” Sooyoung said, scolding his brother.

“Sorry. It’s just that Soo Jae keeps on whining and keeps looking for her umma.” Zelo playfully said as he raises Soo Jae up in the air.

“Umma?” Jaejoong muttered after hearing Zelo. Zelo looks at the owner of the voice and widens his eyes.

“Omo~! It’s Jaejoong Hyung!” Zelo happily said and hug Jaejoong. Sooyoung couldn’t stop Zelo for hugging Jaejoong since the two were close since he was little. “It’s me Hyung! It’s Jello!”

Jaejoong widens his eyes and smile. “Really? This is Junhong now?” He happily looks at Sooyoung as he ruffles his Hair. “You’re really tall now! You even dye your hair.. Pink? I assume you’re now taller than Siwon-hyung then?”

“Neh~! Hyung! It’s been a while already since we last saw each other. I really miss hanging out with you. Are you now a bigtime lawyer already? Will you propose to Noona when you go back to Seoul? Will you--” Zelo asks him like a machine gun.

“Junhong!” Sooyoung exclaim cutting him off and glare at him.

“Ah..Uhmm.. I guess, I’ll be leaving now. I still have a class at 10am.” Tiffany said and went off.

“Hehe.. I guess Zelo still the same as before. Huh?” Jaejoong said,feeling embarrass.

“Umma!” Soo Jae stretched her hands to Sooyoung who quickly get her from Zelo’s back.

“Soo Jae, why didn’t you stay with Uncle Siwon?” Sooyoung said as put Soo Jae in the floor.

“Appa is talking in the phone.” Soo Jae innocently said and looks at Jaejoong. “who’s he?”

Jaejoong suddenly shift to look at Soo Jae as he heard the word umma again. By that, Zelo shut up and wait for Sooyoung to talk.

Sooyoung looks at Jaejoong. Jaejoong just stares at Soo Jae and later look at Sooyoung.

“You..you’re her umma?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally updated! I've been eager to update for the past weeks but I can't.. :(( I'm really busy..

Sooo you, what can you say about this update?

do comment 'ayt? :)

Subscribe and Comment! 

 

<3baboiefrelin