..breaking a promise

The Promenade

 

 

*JAEJOONG’S POV*

I purposely didn’t talk about Sooyoung regarding prom or even ask her out yet. I want to make things special once I ask her out. After all, she’s my life and I’m assured that I’ll be with her for the rest of my life.

“Hyung, haven’t you ask Sooyoung yet?” Junsu asked me before Sooyoung came with us at lunch.

“Ani, I’m still doing the preparations on how and when I will ask him.” I said, smiling at the thought of suprising her.

“You and your imaginative thoughts.” Yunho said, teasing me. “You better hurry up asking her out or else things might run inside her head and think the other way around.”

“Neh. I’ll just wait for the right time.” I said and shift my gaze to Sooyoung who just came inside the cafeteria.

 

Days came and I still didn’t bother talking about prom with her. My props weren’t ready but they’re almost done. Just this morning, I gather up my courage and confidence as I decided to ask her out after class. I happily went driving to their house and pick her up. The whole ride in school was quite awkward alright. It’s as if it was like the first time that we dated and I can’t think of any possible topic to talk to her about.

“Oppa”, “Sooyoung.” We both said in unison and then we laughed at it.

“What is it Oppa?” She asked and I just decide to talk to her after.

“You first. What do you want to ask jagiya?” I said as my eyes is on the road. I feel nervous alright. How will I say it to her? I’m fidgeting about it.

“Well, just about prom. Are you going?” She asked me. Just a random question though I have already an idea what’s going on in her mind.

“Of course! Why won’t I? It’s my last prom in high school. Why you ask?” I was flashing a smile on my face. Alright, that was a lame answer. She just then keep quiet for about a minute or two then told me it was a random question.

“Your turn. What do you want to ask me?” She said and my hands keeps shaking. I don’t want her to have the idea about me asking her about prom as well I don’t want her to think the other way around.

“Hmmm, by chance, are you free later after class? I want to talk to you about something.” I casually said, though in a serious tone. I suddenly sense that she keeps quiet and keeps looking at the window. “Jagiya? Are you okay? You’re getting pale.” I look at her and she just stares at me.

“I’m okay.” She plainly said and the whole ride was silent again.

I park the car parallel to the school and we went out. She just rush out and walk when I grab her wrist.

“what’s the rush? Let’s go together.” I said as I intertwine my fingers to hers and hold her tighter. We were about to walk towards the school when she don’t move. I look at her and tear where flowing in her eyes. I panic and wipe her tears with my bare hands.

“Jagiya? Why are you crying? Are you alright?” I ask as I wipe her tears. Don’t be dumb Jaejoong! Of course she’s not okay!

“I’m sorry but I need to go.” She said and breaks from my hold. I just stand in the road, dumbfounded about the whole scenario.

During the day, I didn’t get a chance to talk again to Sooyoung. She keeps avoiding me as well as the guys. She didn’t show up at lunch. I saw her cousin, Jessica and her friend Seuhyun and I ask about Sooyoung. Apparently, they don’t know where she is. I’m thinking she’s at the library. She knows that I won’t talk to her if I’m there. Anyway, deal with her later and I need to start to decorate the rooftop. I call the guys to help me and thankfully, they agree to help me since they know how much memorable the school rooftop is. This is where Sooyoung and I first met, first date and first kiss. First everything if I may say.

6pm came and I get myself ready. I clean myself up and make sure my uniform is tidy and no spot of dirt to be seen. I just keep brushing myself when I hear the door open. I turn around and see Sooyoung. I walk to her. I held her hand and caress her cheeks.

“Jagiya, there’s something I am eager to tell you.” I said as I give him a warm smile. Though the response was not what I’m expecting.

“Just tell me if you don’t want to be with me or you want a break up. You don’t need to do all of these and make me feel okay because I’m not.” She said all of the sudden.

“Wh..What are you talking about?” I ask, speechless. “Sooyoung, who told you I want to break with you?”

“You.. You’re not going to break up with me?” She asks as tears flows in her face. I wipe it up and kiss her forehead.

“I will never break up with you Choi Sooyoung. Never in my three years of being with you will I think about that.” I said as I look at her, straight from the eyes.

“Then why didn’t you talk or ask me out for prom this week?” She asked as she sobs.

“I’m planning to do that.” I said and kneel in front of Sooyoung. “Choi Sooyoung, will you go to prom with me?” She just stares at me as if waiting for something to happened. What kind of stare?  Just a plain STARE! “Yah! Choi Sooyoung, what’s your answer?”

“YES.. yes Kim Jaejoong, I would love to go out with you.” She said and kisses me.

---PROM NIGHT---

“Wow Noona! You look really really pretty!” Zelo said as he twirls me around until I get dizzy.

“Stop it Junhong, I’m getting dizzy already.” I said as I hold him from twisting me around and around and settle in the sofa.

“Sorry. But really Noona, you’re like a princess! A Swan Princess!” He said and happily play with my hands.

“What? Sooyoung is an ugly girl then turns into a beautiful maiden overnight?” Siwon-oppa said as he fix himself upon going down from the stairs.

“It’s not like that Hyung. I mean, look at her. She’s like a real princess!” Zelo said as he play with my hair now.

“Why do I have a feeling that as if I’m a doll and my little donsaeng is the one dressing me up?” I smirk when I said it and look at Zelo’s face. He stop brushing my hair and look at me. “What? I’m just telling that because I feel like I’m being taken care of.” I said and pat his noodle head.

“Hmmmp. Not funny at all.” He said as he stands up and stomps his feet while walking.

What time will you and Jaejoong meet?” Siwon asked as he finishes preparing himself.

“About now. He called me already; he’s on his way already.” I said and stand up. “Let’s go oppa?”

“You and Junhong go ahead already. I ‘ll give final instruction to Butler Park.” He said as he looks for butler Park. On the other hand, I look for Junhong, who’s in the game room and told him we’re going to the venue already which happens to be our hotel. The World Hotel.

We went to the car and waited for Siwon-oppa who after two minutes when out. The whole ride was quite fun like the usual ride. Junhong, being at the back seat making fun and does all the talking while me and oppa were just listening or talk if we know what’s on Junhong’s mind. Mom and Dad just went to Brazil yesterday for a business trip. Siwon, on the other hand, will be preparing to leave anytime soon since college break is almost done and he needs to go back to London to study.

“Sooyoung, do promise me one thing.” Siwon-oppa said as his eyes on the road.

“What is it oppa?” I asked, looking at him. Zelo, quit talking and tries to listen what oppa is going to say.

“You know how muchwe trust you on everything you do and we always support you. Always remember that we’re always here whenever you need us. Do you got that?” Siwon-oppa said in a serious tone which makes Zelo and I look at each other and back to him.

“Oppa, what are you trying to say?” I asked, quite confuse. I know that they love, support and trust me but I don’t get it why he is saying to me this.

“I’ve been in high school and I know what it’s like to be in high school and as a high schooler. You feel independent and think that you can do it your way and that your always right.” He said and he takes a glimpse at me and back to the road. “What I’m trying to say is that you’re vow of chastity should always be present and that you should always value you’re priority.” He said, as if he’s a pastor or something. But I quite understand now what he’s trying to say. Only that, he can’t really say is straight in my face since there’s a minor inside the car (Junhong I mean).

“I don’t get it.” Junhong said and looks at me and Oppa.

“I understand oppa. I promise that I will never break your promise.” I said and smile at him. He return my smile and ruffles my hair. “Oh! Oppa!” I said, pouting while Zelo and Siwon-oppa just laugh at me.

 

“You look wonderful Jagiya.” Jaejoong-oppa said to me as we dance in the dancefloor. I smile at him and wrap my arms around his neck while he wraps his arms in my waist. We just keep staring at each other like complete morons, happily smiling like idiots.

“I really thought you’re gonna break up with me.” I said, pouting and he just laugh. He kisses my nose and hugs me tighter.

“I will never leave you. I’ll love you no matter what.” He said as my face buried in his chest.

“How sure are you?” I said as I elevate my face to his shoulders. I step on his shoes so that I could comfortably rest my head in his shoulder. “I mean, where just high school and you’re just about to graduate. How sure are you that you won’t leave me and that we’ll be together forever?” I said like a five years old kid, asking her father to promise to come back.

“Because I know, deep in my heart, my mind and my soul that you’re the right girl for me.” He said and hugs me even tighter and kisses my neck.

“Jaejoong.” I said and suddenly shiver in his action.

“I love you Sooyoung and I assure you that I will never leave you.” He said as he carries me from the dance floor to the side. From there, we walk hand in hand to go outside the party hall. We went through the hallways and went inside a vacant room.

“What are we doing here?” I asked as we went inside the room. “Jagiya..”

“We’ll just relax. You know how I hate parties and social gatherings.” He said and lay on the bed. I, went to the balcony and stay there. Minutes later, I suddenly startled when a pair of hands wraps around my waist. I look on the side and looks at Jaejoong’s face.

“What are you thinking Jagiya?” He asked me as he rests his face to my shoulder.

“Nothing much. I was just thinking about you and me. How will you and I end up, how you will be doing when you get in college. If you will pursue you’re law career if that happens or take over your family’s business. I mean, it’s not that I’m barging into your most personal life, I’m just thinking how you will be after high school while I’m still stuck in high school.” I said in a low voice as I look around the whole city of Seoul.

“You think too much Jagiya.” He said as he hugs me tighter. “I talk to my dad already. He likes the fact that I want to pursue law but also wants me to manage the family business with my sisters. You know what I’m seeing myself in the future?” He said and looks at me.

“What?” I look at him and he looks me in the eyes which melt my heart every time he does that.

“To be with you.” He simply said and kisses my forehead. I close my eyes and give a tight embrace. Seconds later, he kisses my nose, my cheeks and then my lips. After a minute, something else then happened.

‘I’m sorry oppa.’ I said in my thoughts as tears flow in my cheeks.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First update: Double update!

Annyong you

What do you think about these first two chappies? 

Hmmmm... Tell me your thoughts 'kay?

Subscribe and Comment! :)

 

<3baboiefrelin