Chapter 4

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

 

“So Taeyeon and Yuri will be in Taeyeon’s room, while Tiffany and Jessica can be in the guest room.”

“NO!” Taeyeon immediately shouted after hearing her dad’s room assignment for them. All eyes quickly shifted to her. “What I mean is… Tiffany and I will be in my room while Yuri and Jessica can be in the guest room.”

Hearing what Taeyeon had just said, her dad pulled her to the side and whispered. “Last time you called, you told me that you didn’t like Tiffany?”

“That was before appa…” Taeyeon replied then shifted her eyes to Tiffany who stood there in the middle of the living room without a clue. “We’re really close now.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Alright then. You girls go settle in.”

“Yes appa.” Taeyeon nodded. “Tiffany ah, come with me.” She directed and made the hand gesture that called Tiffany over. “Yuri, you know where the guest room is, right?”

“Yeah.” Yuri replied. “Come on, Jessica.”

***

“You told your dad you didn’t like me?” Tiffany asked as she walked through the door of Taeyeon’s room. “I overheard your conversation.”

Taeyeon, who was placing her bags on the bed, quickly turned around where she was greeted by Tiffany’s hands on her hips. She smiled nervously at the sight of her girlfriend standing there glaring at her. “That was…a long time ago, Tiffany ah.” She paused to search for the right things to say that would allow her to get away with what she said. “I don’t call home often, you know? So the last time was like a few months ago, which was before I found out how much I truly…”

“Truly..?”

“Truly…” Taeyeon paused again then opened the door of her room to see if anyone was outside. “How much I truly … love you.” She whispered her words.

“Truly what? I can’t hear you.” Tiffany asserted, acting dumb like she didn’t hear what Taeyeon said. “Can you repeat that louder?”

“Ya…I know you heard it.”

“I also know that I’m still mad.”

“Aish!” Taeyeon grumbled then stepped closer to Tiffany. “I truly…love you!” She shouted then swung Tiffany violently on her bed and landed her body on top. Using her little fingers, she attacked the poor girl under her.

“Ah! That tickles! Stop!” Tiffany screamed between her laughers from the tickling done by Taeyeon.

“Are you still mad?! Huh?!”

“No no no! Stop! I’m not mad anymore!”

When suddenly, Taeyeon stopped tickling Tiffany and gazed down at Tiffany’s face. Tiffany too, stopped struggling and looked into Taeyeon’s eyes. They stood still in that position as if the world revolved around them. Slowly and gently, Taeyeon used her hand to clear the bangs that was covering her girlfriend’s face. She smiled then caressed Tiffany’s cheeks, enjoying this moment together.

“Taeyeon ah!” The door burst opened and behind it was no other than Taeyeon’s mom.

Taeyeon looked at her mom and blinked a few times before she remembered that she was still lying on top of Tiffany. She looked back at Tiffany then quickly jumped off. “Oh,umma.”

“Dinner is…ready. You girls come out to eat.” She instructed then left the room awkwardly.

When Taeyeon turned around, she noticed that although Tiffany was shocked, her cheeks were still flushed.

“Come on, let’s eat.” Taeyeon suggested then pulled Tiffany up from the bed.

“Okay…”

The four girls met in the hallway as they head towards the dinning room.

“You guys were so noisy, what were you doing in there?” Yuri asked

“Nothing.” Taeyeon replied.

“Right.” Jessica mocked.

“And what did you guys do? All quiet and sneaky.” Tiffany remarked and the four continued to walk towards the dinning room.

***

“Yuri ah, don’t you live around here?” Jessica spoke as the whole family ate at the dinning table.

“I’m not the only one that wanted to meet her parents-in-law.” Tiffany whispered and nudged to Taeyeon who was sitting next to her who just smiled back.

“Yeah, I live about 15 minutes away from here on the bus.” Yuri replied between her scoops of rice. “Why, do you want to meet my parents?” She added softly.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jessica mumbled and continued to eat the food in front of her.

“We’ll visit my house tomorrow, okay?”

“Ahem.” Taeyeon cleared catching the attention of Yuri and Jessica who were facing her. However, instead of saying anything to either of them, she glared at the girl next to her who was burying her face in her bowl of rice. “What if my parents see us?” She whispered but received no response.

***

“Well, we’re in the country side now, now what?” Jessica asked sarcastically. Besides her was Yuri, as usual. Together with Taeyeon and Tiffany they were all sitting in the living room of the house. Apparently Taeyeon’s dad and brother are out of the house while her mom was in the backyard watering plants and vegetables.

Suddenly Tiffany stood up from across the room and walked towards Jessica with a confused expression. Unexpectedly she raised her hand up and felt Jessica’s forehead with the back of her hand.

“Ya!” Jessica shouted then shoved Tiffany’s hand away from her forehead. “What are you doing?”

“Are you okay, Jessica? You, the sleeping beauty, actually want to do something?” Tiffany mocked.

“Fine, I’ll go back to bed.”

“No no no. We’d love to have your company.” Tiffany said with her eyes smiling till they can’t be seen anymore.

Jessica scoffed at Tiffany’s sudden change in tone. “I don’t know what to do with you anymore…” She muttered and shook her head in disbelief.

“Let’s go kite flying!” A voice suddenly shouted and everyone knew who the voice belonged to.

“Tiffany, are you nuts?”

“Well I mean we are in the country side, there are plenty of space to run our kites, right?” Tiffany reasoned though her voice gradually got softer as she spoke with the constant glare of Jessica’s icy eyes.

“Hey, stop picking on her.” Taeyeon demanded and stood next to Tiffany.

“TaeTae ah, does that mean you agree to my suggestion?” Tiffany asked excitedly jumping up and down besides the girl standing next to her.

Scratching her head, an uneasy look appeared on Taeyeon’s face. “Uh…uh…” She hesitated.

“TaeTae ah…”

“Of course, I agree with you…” Taeyeon said and forced out a smile. “But where are we going to find kites?”

“We can make them! I’m really good at making kites!” Tiffany excitedly claims and smiled at everybody.

“Yeah, you’re good at making kites that don’t fly.” Jessica remarked and rolled her eyes.

“And you think you’re better?!”

“I do!”

“Well then, let’s compete! If my kite falls down first, I’ll treat all three of you guys to dinner once we’re back in Seoul. And if yours falls down first then you treat us instead.” Tiffany challenged while glaring down at Jessica.

Being as confident as she always is, Jessica stood up and glared back at Tiffany. “You got yourself a deal.” Shoving Tiffany aside, she grabbed Yuri’s hand and pulled her along. “Come help me.”

“Uh…okay.”

“TaeTae ah, you will help me, right?” Tiffany turned around to face the girl who was standing besides her.

After turning her head back from watching Yuri and Jessica walking off, Taeyeon hesitated but complied. “Yeah…of course.”