Chapter 7

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

"Hey, we're getting off at this stop. Come on." Yuri announced then together with Jessica, she exited the bus.

"This way," She said then led the way.

The paths that they took were all dirt roads, no pavements. After a while, they were surrounded by field of plantations with hardly anyone on the road.

"Please don't tell me your family lives in one of these fields of," Jessica paused then looked carefully at her surroundings. "these fields of whatever they are."

"Don't be dumb." Yuri said jokingly then lightly pushed Jessica's head with her index finger. "It's over there." She pointed to ahead, where a small village could be seen. "Come on, let's continue walking."

It wasn't a big house. The size was probably similar to Taeyeon's house, though there were no large fields of grass around it. They walked along the dirt road that led to the front gate of the house when Jessica grabbed Yuri's hand and pulled her back.

"Ya, wait."

"Why, what's wrong?" Yuri turned around and asked.

"Um?what if your family doesn't like me?"

"Aww is someone nervous to see her in-laws?" Yuri teased and pinched Jessica's right cheek. She let out a small chuckle and said, "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll like you just like I do. Let's go in."

Yuri held on to Jessica's hand and gave it a light squeeze of assurance before ringing the doorbell.

Ding Dong

?

Ding Dong

?

After a while of no response, Yuri started banging on the gate.

"Ya! It's me, open the door!" She yelled.

Still no answer.

"Ya! Who are you girls to be bothering the Kwons?" A voice came from behind the two girls and startled them.

"Oh, ahjumma!"

"Yuri?" The ahjumma called out as she approached the girls. "Ah Yuri, you're back."

"Yes, ahjumma. Do you know where my family is?"

"Oh, they're all out of town. I think they said they'll be back tomorrow." The ahjumma answered. "Well, it's good to see you back. I'm going to be heading home now. Goodbye kids."

"Ah?thank you, ahjumma." Yuri thanked and bowed as the ahjumma walked away.

"Please tell me you have your keys somewhere." Jessica finally spoke after standing there silently for the entire time.

"Um?well. I kind of left it back at the dorm by accident." Yuri shyly admitted and was quickly greeted by Jessica's rolling eyes. "But! I know of another way we can get in." She claimed. "This way." She directed then grabbed Jessica's hand as she lead her towards the side of the house.

To the side of the house was a wooden fence that separates the house's backyard from the front yard. There were also two giant rocks hidden behind the vines that climbed the fence.

"You're not suggesting we climb the fence, are you?" Jessica asked.

"As a matter of fact, I am!" Yuri stated. "Come on, I'll help you. Just step on these two rocks, and then jump over." She instructed.

Jessica looked at Yuri and shifted her eyebrows.

"Unless you want to spend the night out here."

"Fine."

After both girls successfully jumped over the fence, Yuri led Jessica to the back door. She then let go of Jessica's hand and started digging around a flower pot near by the steps.

"Aha!" She exclaimed and showed Jessica what she found. It was a key. She quickly used it and was able to open the back door. She gave Jessica a wink before entering the house.

"No one's home." Jessica stated, as her eyes traveled around the living room and kitchen.

"Well, the ahjumma did say that my family is out." Yuri sarcastically put it.

Jessica has never felt so dumbfounded. "Right."

"And that means we can do whatever we want." Yuri slyly suggested as a erted expression crept up her face.

"Yeah," Jessica agreed. "like eating and sleeping?" She suddenly paused as she was then aware of her girlfriend's erted face. "separately, in different rooms."

"Oh come on." Yuri whined.

"Let's eat? Your treat? Ok."

"?" Yuri looked at Jessica disappointedly. "Ok, let's go. I know a small restaurant right at the corner."

***

"Where are we going in the middle of the night?" Tiffany asked as she is being led out of the room. "Taeyeon ah~"

"Shhh. You'll see."

Soon they were outside in the giant field of grass again.

"You don't suggest us to be flying kites out here again at this time, do you?"

"No silly." Taeyeon said then spread the blanket she has been carrying on the field. "Come." She instructed and laid down onto the blanket.

Tiffany finally understood what Taeyeon wanted to do and followed. She quickly laid down next to her girlfriend on the blanket and the two of them stared up into the sky full of shining stars.

"It's pretty isn't it?"

"Uhng~" Tiffany nodded. "Very pretty."

Carefully Taeyeon repositioned herself so that Tiffany's head could rest on her left arm.

"Tiffany?"

"Hmm?"

"Nothing. I just felt like calling out your name."

"..okay?"

The couple continued to lay there on the blanket as they watched the beautiful sky above them.

"Miyoung-ah~"

"Hmm?"

"Nothing."

"Um?okay." Although her girlfriend is being weird, she ignored it and enjoyed the view around her and the comfort she felt being with Taeyeon. "Taeyeon-ah~" She suddenly called.

"Hmm?"

"If a shooting star were to pass by right now, what would you wish for?"

"That's easy. I would wish for us to be together forever." She said then turned to her side and smiled at her lover who smiled back. "We will forever be together, right?"

Tiffany hesitated as she shifted her eyes away from Taeyeon's face, towards the sky. "Yes?we?will. Definitely."

"You sound unsure. What's wrong?" Taeyeon asked and slowly brought Tiffany's head to face her.

"Nothing! Nothing's wrong." Tiffany denied and smiled to confirm her statement.

Taeyeon shook her head. "You're so silly." She stated then lightly kissed Tiffany's forehead.

And they went back to observing the sky.

"Fany-ah~"

Although, she figured it was one of Taeyeon's random calls, she responded. "Hmm?"

"I love you."

Hearing what Taeyeon had just said, Tiffany turned around to face her lover again. She then looked into the eyes of Taeyeon and firmly said, "I love you too, Taeyeon-ah."

Soon the two girls began to lean towards each other lips. Their lips finally touched and they began to kiss each other. The light kiss soon grew into a much deeper one. And through the kiss the extents of their love for each other were exchanged and mutually understood.

After the make out session ended, Tiffany rested her head on Taeyeon's arm and hugged her comfortably.

"Sleepy? Want to go inside?" Taeyeon asked.

"No. I want to stay out here with you a bit longer." Tiffany answered and leaned in even closer to Taeyeon. "Besides, you know we can't do anything like we just did in there."

"Maybe you're right." Taeyeon agreed and the couple chuckled then continued to lay there with each other.

***

After eating at a nearby restaurant, Yuri and Jessica walked back to the house.

"Hmm, since no one is at home, let's do something fun!" Yuri suggested.

"Sleeping is fun." Jessica asserted.

"Ok! Let's sleep then."

"By sleep, I mean eyes closed." She clarified.

"Oh?well. That's exactly what I was referring to as well."

"Right."

They then quickly changed into their pajamas and made their ways to Yuri's bed.

"This is nice." Yuri stated then looked over to the girl lying next to her. "Of course," she rolled her eyes. "You're already asleep when we just settled in."

"Hush and just go to sleep, Kwon Yuri." Jessica mumbled and rolled to the side to hug her lover.

"Since we didn't do anything interesting today, can I get a morning kiss tomorrow?"

"Sure. Now, sleep."

"Deal."

***

Morning came and surprising, the first person to get out of bed was Jessica. She didn't want to wake up that early either, if she had a choice she wouldn't have. The truth was, she needed to use the restroom.

After she was done with her business, Jessica exited the bathroom and headed back towards Yuri's bedroom. However, before she could do so, she heard a loud yell which made the half-asleep girl become fully awake.

"Who are you to be in my house?!"