Chapter 5

Wishing You Were Here part 2 (Love Affair)

“Meet us outside at 5!” Tiffany’s voice invaded the room.

“Hmph!” Jessica grumbled then after slamming the kite materials she had gathered on a desk in the guest room, she sat down on a chair behind it. “Does she not remember that I helped her with all of her failed kites?”

“Jessica, relax relax relax. Just beat her then you’ll get us a free meal.” Yuri spoke while her thin and longer fingers massaged Jessica’s shoulder to calm her temper.

“She is definitely paying for our meal.” Jessica grinned.

“Jessica, do you need me to help?” Yuri asked, and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s shoulder.

“Go get me food. That would be best.”

“Didn’t we just eat?”

“If you don’t get me food, I’m going to have to eat you up instead.” Jessica claimed then let Yuri stood there shocked by her words.

“In what way…did you mean that?”

The ice princess slowly turned around with her arms crossed and shifty eyebrows only to be greeted by Yuri’s sly smile. Soon, Jessica was able to see the meaning behind Yuri’s question. Her eyes quickly widen and her hand reached for and covered as she gasped.

“You ert!”

“Don’t tell me you me you had no intention to make me think like that.”

“I didn’t.” Jessica answered. Yuri shifted her eyebrows not believing her words. “I’m serious, I wasn’t thinking of it. You were the one who’s erted.”

Gradually Yuri’s cheeks were flushed in her own erted thoughts and embarrassment. She turned away to hide then headed for the door. “I’ll go get you something to eat.” She said.

Jessica sat her chair and watched Yuri quickly walked out of the room. She smiled at her lover’s act then went back to building her kite.

***

“Feeding Jessica again?” Taeyeon’s voice entered the kitchen and caught Yuri who was just about to leave with a bag of chips in her hand. “Why choose her when you know she’s going to eat up your whole entire saving?”

“Well at least, I won’t have to pay for one certain dinner.” Yuri smirked. “What are you doing out here, you should go help Tiffany.”

“She’s fine on her own.” She answered. “Go feed your Jessica.” And as Taeyeon instructed, Yuri left the kitchen and headed towards the guest room. On the other hand, Taeyeon went towards and opened the fridge. After looking through the numerous of items sitting in there, she found two water bottles and quickly grabbed them. With one bottle in each of her hand, Taeyeon carried them back to the room.

“Water?” Taeyeon handed a bottle of water to Tiffany’s face. And without a sound, Tiffany’s hand reached for the bottle and grabbed it. Her thin fingers unscrewed the cap while her other hand brought the bottle up to .

“Thanks.” She finally muttered after taking a gulp.

“Tiffany, do you know what you’re doing?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes of course.” Was all that came out of Tiffany’s mouth.

Taeyeon sat down on her bed and watched Tiffany worked diligently with a pile of papers and wooden sticks on a desk in front of her. There were too, a roll of string, glue, and lots of markers that were spread across the desk. Taeyeon sighed at her messy table. Although she has tried to help, her offers were repeatedly rejected as Tiffany was too confident that she could make a better kite on her own.

“I’m done!” Tiffany suddenly shouted and stretched her arms up towards the ceilings after hours have passed. But when the excited and tired girl turned around to look for her lover, a smile was brought upon her face. She stood up and walked over to the bed where she sat down next to her lover’s sleeping body. Getting closer towards her face, she softly called out her name. “TaeTae ah…”

“....hmmm….?” Taeyeon slowly regained her awareness and opened her eyes that were greeted by Tiffany’s bright smile only inches away.

“I’m sorry I neglected you while I work on the kite.” Tiffany’s smile faded in a frown that is almost pout-like.

Taeyeon smiled at her silliness. “Babo.” She stated then with her two hands, she pinched Tiffany’s cheeks like a baby. “So will you pay attention to me now?” She asked playfully.

“Ummm…we’ll see.” Tiffany declared then quickly stood up from the bed.

After a frown appeared on Taeyeon’s face, Tiffany offered her hand to pull her out of bed. Gladly, Taeyeon accepted and slowly stood up.

“Are you done with your…” Taeyeon paused her question as her eyes met what was sitting on her table. “kite?” She forcefully ended her question while staring at the bright pink blob in front of her eyes.

“Yes! Isn’t it pretty?!?” Tiffany excitedly claimed showing Taeyeon the kite that took her hours to complete.

Taeyeon swallowed at the sight of the pink marker inks covering the kite. “Yeah…very…very…pretty.”

“It’s only 2, let’s go test fly it!” Tiffany suggested then quickly dragged Taeyeon out of the room towards the front yard.

“Yah, slow down.” Taeyeon protested.

Within ten seconds, the Tiffany dashed her way through the house with Taeyeon dragged along and arrived at the front yard. Locating in the countryside, if anything is lacking, space to roam around is not.

“Watch me!” Tiffany declared and took off with the kite trailing inches behind her. With her right hand holding onto the roll of string, she held the kite up by the string with her left, and ran across the field. As her fingers freed up and let go of the kite, the girl excited watched as it surfed up then magically fell straight to the ground. Her head dropped, her normally smiling eyes instantly widened, staring at the pink kite lie flat on the grassy field. Soon, a frown appeared on the disappointed girl’s face. However, unwilling to give up, Tiffany bend down and picked the kite back up. Once again she ran across the field, hoping to get the kite in the air. But unfortunately, her plan failed again.

Taeyeon stood there and witnessed everything. She was about to run over towards her but a voice stopped her.

“Yuri ah, we should start deciding where to have this dinner at.” Jessica joked and laughed along with Yuri who was next to her.

“Yeah, since it seems like someone’s gonna treat us.” Yuri added and continued to laugh.

“You! You guys!” Tiffany stuttered in frustration. “There’s still lot of time left. Besides, I was just playing around with that kite. The real thing is still in the room.” She reasoned and crossed her arms though the nervousness was obviously shown on her face and stuttering voice.

“We’ll see then.” Jessica said coldly.

“Taeyeon ah, let’s go finish up the real thing.”

“Uh…yeah. Ok.” Taeyeon dully replied and together with Tiffany, she entered the house once again.

As soon as the couple entered the house, Tiffany coldly and quickly walked through the empty hallway back to Taeyeon’s room. Taeyeon observed the emotion on Tiffany’s face and obediently followed.

“I have to make another one. This one is going to work great! I just know it!” Tiffany claimed and slammed both of her hands on the desk, that is still filled with paper mess and markers and many other things.

“Tiffany ah…” Taeyeon softly called then slowly her hands reach down for Tiffany’s. “Let me help you this time, ok?”

“But_”

“Just trust me.” Taeyeon affirmed and tighten her grip of Tiffany’s hand. “Hmm?”

With the firm grip and the sincerity in Taeyeon’s eyes, Tiffany couldn’t help but to nod in respond.

“Good.” She said.

It has been almost an hour since Taeyeon began to assemble the kite. Too determined to build a good kite that would bring Tiffany victory, she unknowingly followed Tiffany’s footsteps and neglected her lover. It finally hit her and made her turn around to see Tiffany sitting on the bed twirling her thumbs, looking extremely bored and ignored.

“Fany ah.” Taeyeon called and brought the bored girl to life. Her eyes sparkled and her frown turned upside down.

“Yes?” She answered.

“Can you help me?”

Tiffany quickly brightened and smiled. “Of course!”

***

“Are you two ready to lose?” Jessica smirked. “Yuri and I have already picked out the restaurant.”

“Hmph! In in in your dreams!” Tiffany stuttered and yelled back, showing her nervousness.

“Well ok,” Jiwoong interrupted the tension. “this is how it’s going to work. Tiffany and Jessica will fly their kites, and whichever kite falls first, will lose. Got it?” He instructed.

“Yes Jiwoong oppa.” Both Tiffany and Jessica nodded.

“Ok, let’s get started!”

As soon as Jiwoong give the signal to start, the two competitive girls ran out into the field with their kites in their hands. Standing where they were, Taeyeon and Yuri screamed their lungs off to cheer on their lovers.

“Fany ah, hwaiting!!!”

“Jessica, beat her!!!”

Jessica’s kite was let go from her hand and slowly catch the wind and surfed up. On the other hand, Tiffany was afraid to let go, afraid that it might fail again. She turned around and saw how attentively Taeyeon was watching her. She nodded then finally let go of the kite. And amazingly, the kite did not fall. It continued to go high and higher in the air.

“Taeyeon ah, it’s up!!!” Tiffany screamed and jumped wildly up and down to show her excitement.

“Keep it up!” Taeyeon yelled back.

“I bet it won’t stay up as long as mine.” Jessica coldly stated and glared at Tiffany,

“We’ll see about that.” Tiffany glared back.